t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

#1 vs. #3... What is the play in Arkansas/LSU???

Not much build-up to a matchup between two top three teams. I'm thinking about taking the points. What is the play?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas' defensive issues will become very apparent in this game, however they have the offensive weapons to really make the Tigers work for the win. Arkansas has been able to build up a lot of confidence over the last few weeks and have the luxury of being able to play the role of the team with nothing to lose. That could work out well if they can catch LSU coming out flat, or the aggressive play could result in takeaways and defensive scores for LSU.

Arkansas still has the better offense and a solid coach, but I don't know how eager I am to bet against LSU here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Over.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Over 53 is a solid bet to me.....I wanna say Arkansas + the points, but LSU blowing it out of the water in the 4th quarter could really screw you

Arkansas +7 1st half might be something to look into

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont want to sound cocky , but easiest of the weekend LSU best team in the NCAAF , Arkansas not that easy -11.5 no problem for LSU, Alabama way better than Arkansas,but just my opinion

Derty D
    Derty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1838

If ALabama blows out Ark LSU will do the same....I like the fact the money is going on ARK bringing line down to 11.5 at Heritage and other books.

Take LSU.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Would you tease Arkansas +17.5 or LSU -5.5, gun to your head?

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    LSU. I know this probly sounds crazy but I see lsu winning by atleast 2 tds. I don't see arkansas winning in death valley but lsu winning by 17+ is a possibility.

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I thought the line should be around 6.5 when I first heard about this matchup. Seems like too many points and that Vegas thinks that LSU will cover easy, but you can never underestimate a team trying to take down #1.

Gamblin'Machi
    Gamblin'Machi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I completely understand and respect what LSU has to play for... a national championship and undefeated season... But look at the history. While LSU leads the series, and besides last years meeting, these match ups have been decided by 3 points or less the last few years. Take the points. The hogs have the same team as last year minus the quarterback and so does LSU. The hogs won by 8. This game will be within 10 points. And there is so much emotion on both sides.

With the death of TE Garrett Uekman this past week, the hogs are very motivated and ready to take the next step in the college football world.

"A team with something to play for can be dangerous, but a team with SOMEONE to play for is unstoppable"

jspectyper

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblin'Machi View Post
    I completely understand and respect what LSU has to play for... a national championship and undefeated season... But look at the history. While LSU leads the series, and besides last years meeting, these match ups have been decided by 3 points or less the last few years. Take the points. The hogs have the same team as last year minus the quarterback and so does LSU. The hogs won by 8. This game will be within 10 points. And there is so much emotion on both sides.

With the death of TE Garrett Uekman this past week, the hogs are very motivated and ready to take the next step in the college football world.

"A team with something to play for can be dangerous, but a team with SOMEONE to play for is unstoppable"
    minus Knile Davis and home field

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerguy02 View Post
    I thought the line should be around 6.5 when I first heard about this matchup. Seems like too many points and that Vegas thinks that LSU will cover easy, but you can never underestimate a team trying to take down #1.

Huge difference between the outcome Vegas expects and the implied advantage of a betting line.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

LSU gave up passing yards to the 2 teams that had duel threat qb's. They didn't pressure much, because they had to contain. LSU will be able to rush with their ears pinned back against Wilson. Plus, LSU has the cover guys to make it very difficult on him. It is LSU's senior day, it is also a payback game, and LSU has been hearing the ESPN 'experts' say they are on upset alert all week. Tigers make a statement here. However, I have not bet this game as of yet. This is just my opinion is all.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Geno Smith is black not a dual threat, though I doubt he could throw for 400+ on LSU again

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Geno Smith is black not a dual threat, though I doubt he could throw for 400+ on LSU again

Good point, but LSU defended him as such.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Arkansas

is the play

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Niggaz in da boot ain't no joke.

On LSU -11.5. LSU's offensive and defensive lines are so much stronger. You stop this type of offense with a strong defensive line, which is exactly what LSU has. LSU will win the turnover margin and run the ball at will. Hard to lose when you do that. I think a lot of people are looking at rankings and are just assuming it'll be a close game because it's #1 vs #3. LSU by 17.

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

LSU and lay the number............tough to win in Baton Rouge. Coon Asses will party and romp the pigs.

BNasty2
    BNasty2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

What happen the last time Arkansas played this level of competion? Alabama won 38-14! LSU will be up for this one! And will wins in similar fashion, take LSU...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

How about?

lsu -2.5
    jets pk
    atl 0.5

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

No teasers guys. Arkansas relies on the passing game but LSU has probably the best secondary in college football.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    No teasers guys. Arkansas relies on the passing game but LSU has probably the best secondary in college football.
    lsu ml all in

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Anyone who compares to how Arkansas did against Alabama as a barometer to how they will play against LSU today is using fallacy logic.

Alabama's style of play and athletes are different than that of LSU's.....Arkansas has shown that they play better against LSU's style of play as compared to Alabama's.

Arkansas +12.5 or no play today. Plenty of other games to choose form that aren't as difficicult to cap.

IBGPN
    IBGPN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1264

2005 LSU 19 Arkansas 17 Baton Rouge, LA
    2006 LSU 31 Arkansas 26 Little Rock, AR
    2007 LSU 48 Arkansas 50 Baton Rouge, LA
    2008 LSU 30 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR
    2009 LSU 33 Arkansas 30 Baton Rouge, LA
    2010 LSU 23 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR

alabama had a fake fg, a tipped ball pick six and a punt return td. arkansas was missing a lot of key players in that game and it was tyler wilson's first road start. taking the points.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!

When this gm is finished the reaction on SBR will be : Should have taken the obvious pick, I knew LSU would blow them out

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LSU -13 for me

jspectyper

Did you play lsu?

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post

When this gm is finished the reaction on SBR will be : Should have taken the obvious pick, I knew LSU would blow them out

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Did you play lsu?
    Nah just took Over 53 for the game......I got my ass beat yesterday and won on Houston and the Over in this game so far today

I almost bet 5x my normal bet on the over, I knew it would hit dammit....Just won on 2 standard plays, cant complain

jspectyper

Nah just took Over 53 for the game......I got my ass beat yesterday and won on Houston and the Over in this game so far today

I almost bet 5x my normal bet on the over, I knew it would hit dammit....Just won on 2 standard plays, cant complain
    Nice, profit is profit. Wish I would of went a little bigger on houston and lsu as well. Had them both as well as gb, dallas and balti. Lot of people on det, tulsa and arky don't know why though.

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

Took part of your teaser for fun- i had LSU -.5, Jets +1, and open slot for the last game. I know you suggested ATL, but how do you feel about pittsburgh -.5 @KC?

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    How about?

lsu -2.5
    jets pk
    atl 0.5

k13

Quote Originally Posted by jihadvillager View Post
    Took part of your teaser for fun- i had LSU -.5, Jets +1, and open slot for the last game. I know you suggested ATL, but how do you feel about pittsburgh -.5 @KC?
    That was my other choice instead of atlanta. Hard to see them losing to Palko but chose to stick with all home teams.

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

Thank you for the quick response