darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

If USC and Texas both go undefeated...

and play in the Rose Bowl, what do u think the line will be? I say it'll be around 14. My gambling buddy says 'no way'. He says it'll be single digits. So we're about to make a bet on the off chance both make it through undefeated. He's giving me 13.5 and up. Do I have a good bet?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Can I be your buddy?

There is absolutely no way the line will be that high unless Texas gets a rash of flu's or something equally as freaky. I would peg the line at USC -5 to -6 or a point either way.

On a side note; Texas might actually need some help to make it to the Rose Bowl. With Okla losing to TCU and the rest of the division down the BCS will put Bama in there if they run the table and probably Va Tech too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One will lose period

I would say USC is about -9 as Trojans would score about 60 points on Texas

SBR_John
    Wisky

Let me know if you need a side bet on that JJ. Texas has a great D and a ball hogging Offense. USC might get 34 but not 60.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

6.5 is my guess

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

interesting... just heard the head of the stardust on a local radio show say that if they were to set the line today they would set it a 12.5 or 13... said there was no way that USC isn't going to be a double digit favorite against anyone in the country right now...

jjgold

If they play I will give anyone 9.5 points and you can bet up to 3 Dimes

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie
    interesting... just heard the head of the stardust on a local radio show say that if they were to set the line today they would set it a 12.5 or 13... said there was no way that USC isn't going to be a double digit favorite against anyone in the country right now...
    Wow... that's good news for me. I made the bet for a nickel just for kicks. And I agree with u JJGold if USC is only laying single digits to anyone in the Rose Bowl. I'll be betting huge.

jjgold

Texas can not stop them Ghoster.

I like Texas but I think they are a tight team in big games

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

This scenario will not take place cause Stoops has got a masterful gameplan to shut down young and hence securing the OU victory this saturday.

boomer sooner

stoops 4 pres

SBR_John
    Wisky

Give me 11 JJ for a nickle.

You just heard the homo from Vegas make them 12-13.5. Give a brother a break, you rich guys always got your foot on the working mans throat. Give me Texas +11 for a nickle.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC would open a 7 point favorite and the public would take them up from there!

Senator 7

LVHerbie

lol... making bets on matchups that don't even exist yet? too much season left for me... USC has looked less then steller the first two halfs the last two weeks with Notre Dame, Cal and UCLA still ahead... and we all know Mac Brown's ability to find a way not to play in a National Championship game.. I think there is a real possibility of neither one of these teams making it... I'll circle Cal and Texas Tech right now as my best potential upsets....

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll say USC -7.5...

doncal
    doncal's Avatar Become A Pro!

hold the phone.....if either va tech or someone from the SEC runs the table (ala or ga), texas might get hosed on strength of schedule. when does the first BCS poll hit the streets?

jentude
    jentude's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say vtech has a small chance to move up only cause the big 123 ain't so big this year, vt runs the table they could leap over them MAYBE?

jjgold

V Tech has a very good chance to go undeafeated and would give USC a better game than Texas

SBR_John
    Wisky

V Tech has a very good chance to go undeafeated and would give USC a better game than Texas
    I dont think so. They both have great QB's and stout defenses. Texas is deeper with more speed.

Doncal, Alabama?? Hmmm doubtful. They check in at 10th in the Coaches poll with three 1 loss teams in front of them. Strength of schedule may be in their favor but they need nothing less than a miracle to smell the roses.

Va tech? I don't think their schedule is greatly stronger than Texas's but that's worth looking into.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Living in Alabama, I can only say that Alabama will (sadly) run the table until they play at Auburn. Auburn is the second best team in the SEC right now, and has had the Tide's number.

The only team I would bet +10 in the Rose Bowl against USC would be Virginia Tech (though I think they would be getting closer to 13). They match up very well with the Trojans, and their offense is coming around, at least to the point of being able to score on a mediocre at best USC defense.

jjgold

Lets not rule out Wisonsin or Ohio State either in the final game

LVHerbie

how about the ND / USC game next week... I'll guess -13.5 for no particular reason...