broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Virginia +5 is play of the year

They will win outright. Team of destiny and its time for Va Tech to lose since they've made it to #5 in the BCS.

BOBBYW
    BOBBYW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

I agree...

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Virginia is the play no doubt.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Virginia and Georgia Tech -- two +5.5 home dogs against their rivals.

{drool**

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Concern that UVA is out of gas and VT will be too much. UVA has battled hard all year to "make history". Then they just won an incredibly draining game @FSU

Still like it and almost have to take the points with VT Coastal Champs pending

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Concern that UVA is out of gas and VT will be too much. UVA has battled hard all year to "make history". Then they just won an incredibly draining game @FSU

Still like it and almost have to take the points with VT Coastal Champs pending

The key is UVA not letting Logan Thomas have one of his good games. The big freshman plays great one game, and avg the next. The entire team is like that. Dr. Jykl, Mr. Hyde. The game will be close to the end. I won't be surprised to see UVA kicking a game winning field goal as time expires.

I might be crying if UVA wins (die hard Tech fan), but I just had this feeling that this won't be Tech's year.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Virginia and Georgia Tech -- two +5.5 home dogs against their rivals.

{drool**

knew you would love that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Virginia is still flying under the radar, but I'd almost feel better about this if they'd lost to Florida State. VT is hard to bet against; they're pretty strong as a fave if I remember correctly. Plus they didn't cover their last game.

With that being said, I could easily see a 3-4 point VT win.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Virginia is still flying under the radar, but I'd almost feel better about this if they'd lost to Florida State. VT is hard to bet against; they're pretty strong as a fave if I remember correctly. Plus they didn't cover their last game.

With that being said, I could easily see a 3-4 point VT win.
    After beating FSU @ FSU... i'm not sure they are flying under the radar. This should be a fun game.

broadway6
    on to the next one

line is now 4. hope everyone jumps on a winner before it hits 3

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

I just wish they didn't win last week or I would be on it. Good luck!

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play of the year? Whoa. They might cover, but PLAY OF THE YEAR? Naw. New VT QB has completely blossomed, he is headed for stardom, he has changed VT's "O" dramatically in the last 3-4 games, he can pocket pass or run, not a scrambler, but a great pocket passer who can also run, BIG difference.
    And they have an NFL bound explosive power speed RB. And an opportunistic "D" and special teams.
    VA is playing OK, beat a FLAT Fla State team that had just been eliminated from ACC, that was monumental for VA, but this is the end of the line, its VT - 3.5, BIG.

And I like GT + 5.5 medium, GA is better but played weak (for the SEC) schedule and is looking ahead to the HUGE SEC Championship game, so this is a bigger game for GT by far, this win will get them into a higher level $$$$ bowl.
    GA has not seen a lot of "O" this yr since Boise, and GA will try to stay healthy and not dive head first to stop the GT option game like their lives depended upon it... they will save that for LSU.
    In this rivalry non conference game always go against the team that is playing for the league championship next week when applicable. Last yr it was the other way around, and revenge matters.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-23-11 at 04:53 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I guess the fact that Virginia is 0-7 S/U and 1/6 ATS in their last 7 games against Va. Tech means nothing to you guys. Virginia has also lost to Southern Miss and N.C. State at home this season, barely defeated a terrible Idaho team at home, and is 1-4 ATS at home this season. Virginia had a nice season, but they lose to Va. Tech on Saturday.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I guess the fact that Virginia is 0-7 S/U and 1/6 ATS in their last 7 games against Va. Tech means nothing to you guys. Virginia has also lost to Southern Miss and N.C. State at home this season, barely defeated a terrible Idaho team at home, and is 1-4 ATS at home this season. Virginia had a nice season, but they lose to Va. Tech on Saturday.
    i can't argue that you are correct with your citations, BigDaddy, but i am from VA and have always paid a lot of attention to this game, and will note two things: (1) the long-term trends in this rivalry don't really belong to Mike London, and VT is shaky relative to how good they were for most of those games, and (2) UVA has played a lot better in the second half of the season than they did in September/early October, and So Miss and Idaho were at a time when the team was playing two QBs and underachieving (NCSU was mid-October, but after the GT game when UVA clearly let down). UVA has been rock-solid in the Miami, MD, Duke, FSU games.

at +4/+3', which is where it now is, i may pass. that said, VT has struggled to cover this season, and London has UVA looking better than i've seen in years. i think that this is a FG game, maybe to Hokies, maybe to Hoos. BOL fellas whatever you decide. if i bet it, it will be Hoos.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

Reasoning like this makes me like my Virginia play even more.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

-5.5 to -4.... that's fairly significant no?

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Va Tech is 2-7 ATS this year. One dumb play by a Ga Tech linbacker (personal foul) gave Va Tech that win (I was on Va Tech) or they would have been 1-9 ATS.

Va Tech's D is beat up and has been the entire season.

supaflix
    supaflix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets go Cavaliers!