paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Les had money on 2nd half under

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

How is it part of the game? If your winning a soccer match 5-0 and get a penalty you don't pea roll it to the goalkeeper because your gonna win anyway. If your playing tennis and killing your opponent you don't start serving double faults just for the heck of it. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

This is a pretty wild conspiracy theory. Fixing a 2nd half total? Time to live is a shack in the woods wearing tin foil hats.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's called not running up the score in a 52-3 game. 100% standard procedure. Only a douchebag coach like Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll would have ran it in for the extra score in that situation.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

When a football team has commanding lead with little time left, they will do that to end game quickly without risking unnecessary injuries. The analogy to soccer and tennis is invalid, as those acts have opposite effect.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    When a football team has commanding lead with little time left, they will do that to end game quickly without risking unnecessary injuries. The analogy to soccer and tennis is invalid, as those acts have opposite effect.
    Question. Where do you draw the line? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Halftime? They had a commanding lead at half, right?

Also, you mitigate against injury by playing backups, which is what LSU was doing. Those kids should be able to play hard in game conditions, right?

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    I think your definition of BIG TIME may differ slightly from most posters in this forum.
    Ok, it was $250 but thats big money to me playa, for a second half over,and I guarantee you I bet more than you on Saturday and Sunday guaranteed ,I hope you don't think Im some little kid on my parents couch,my zips 90265 and I have some money,own my own business ..so If you wanna call me out ,you better be prepared for the results.....let me know when your ready to post up your bets from last week ,the week before or any week for the matter, I don't care ....Lets see how much you really bet playa ....

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yes, i saw nebraska do this exact same thing to wyoming earlier this year at the end of the game.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by brucethebear View Post
    still don't get why you wouldn't at least run it.
    If all you're going to do is purposely kneel down four times and give the other team the ball on downs, I agree.

This is really irritating in college basketball.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Ok, it was $250 but thats big money to me playa, for a second half over,and I guarantee you I bet more than you on Saturday and Sunday guaranteed ,I hope you don't think Im some little kid on my parents couch,my zips 90265 and I have some money,own my own business ..so If you wanna call me out ,you better be prepared for the results.....let me know when your ready to post up your bets from last week ,the week before or any week for the matter, I don't care ....Lets see how much you really bet playa ....
    wow... go on the defensive much?

It was a simple observation big guy.

Since your OP mentioned you were 44, I did not assume you are "little kid on my parents couch".

I'm confused about how including your zip code would prove this though, if in fact I did doubt you.

I simply observed that a "BIG TIME" bet, and $250, aren't often included in the same post in this forum.

On a side note, for a 44 year old business owner, your ability to transfer your thoughts into a well organized, grammatically correct, properly spelt group of sentences is absolute sh*t.

If critiquing your response is the result of "calling you out", I think barely passing high school english is enough to be sufficiently equipped to handle it.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

House

Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    wow... go on the defensive much?

It was a simple observation big guy.

Since your OP mentioned you were 44, I did not assume you are "little kid on my parents couch".

I'm confused about how including your zip code would prove this though, if in fact I did doubt you.

I simply observed that a "BIG TIME" bet, and $250, aren't often included in the same post in this forum.

On a side note, for a 44 year old business owner, your ability to transfer your thoughts into a well organized, grammatically correct, properly spelt group of sentences is absolute sh*t.

If critiquing your response is the result of "calling you out", I think barely passing high school english is enough to be sufficiently equipped to handle it.

Bravo....thats beautiful...CJ,is it cause or because I used playa instead of player ?....Bro,Im not looking for any direction in life coaching ,and you surly don't need to educate me,Im not paying ya or you .My zip?I posted my zip because you made some kinda or kind of wise crack about my money situation ? You can figure it out , you seem to think your intelligent enough ... CJ,its cool man,your not my kinda people just from you last post.....Some people are just big talkers ,I think you fall into that category ...but you should never underestimate anyone because of the way they type some sh!t or crap into the computer .....I'll bet you don't have many friends

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Bravo....thats beautiful...CJ,is it cause or because I used playa instead of player ?....Bro,Im not looking for any direction in life coaching ,and you surly don't need to educate me,Im not paying ya or you .My zip?I posted my zip because you made some kinda or kind of wise crack about my money situation ? You can figure it out , you seem to think your intelligent enough ... CJ,its cool man,your not my kinda people just from you last post.....Some people are just big talkers ,I think you fall into that category ...but you should never underestimate anyone because of the way they type some sh!t or crap into the computer .....I'll bet you don't have many friends
    broseph, all I said was $250 would hardly be considered "BIG TIME" on this forum.

I was just having fun with your classic over reaction.

It's funny and ironic that you call me a "big talker" after making a post which included a zip code for a rich neighborhood, a claim of business ownership, and a claim that "I guarantee you I bet more than you on Saturday and Sunday guaranteed". If that's not "big talking" than I don't know what is

House

^ your right ........ it is

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

It's called having CLASS !!!!!

More coaches should take notice!

Les doesn't care about any gambling. Why would he?

House

^ that wasn't a classy move,it was really rubbing it in ....Les is a dirtbag ...

First 12