ScottK
    ScottK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia Tech vs. UNC

Line was bet down from 12.5 to 10 in a hurry. Tech's on a roll right now and is at home -- do they cover the double-digit spread on Thursday?

Give me your thoughts people!

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

I like VT. UNC has been playing terrible football lately... But, I haven't been doing too well myself lately. LOL. I'd feel better if the line were 10 and not 10.5, but I'm rolling with VT anyway. UNC shouldn't score much on that defense, and the game is in Blacksburg. I'm surprised the line isn't closer to 14.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Tech is not on a roll. They just played one good game, which seemed to turn on a stupid penalty by their opponent. They were 1-7 ATS the 8 games before that.

This line should be more like 4.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

GT closer then the final score, GT going for it on 4th down really shifted momentum (wtf Paul Johnson )
    dumb 15 yd. Penalty. etc. If the Tar Heels can hang on to the ball this will be a tight game .
    UNC for me

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT wins by 14+ V-tech rolls

KPower21
    KPower21's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT by 17

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

I am a UNC alum and follow the team closely. UNC is in disarray. Their coach is a lame duck and they are just playing out the string. You have to be careful though because there is a ton of speed and talent so if they decide to play they can hang with the better teams. The problem is it's anybody's guess as to when they are going to actually give some effort.

If I had to bet on this game I would take the hokies but the best bet is to lay off.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by Bigh2001 View Post
    I am a UNC alum and follow the team closely. UNC is in disarray. Their coach is a lame duck and they are just playing out the string. You have to be careful though because there is a ton of speed and talent so if they decide to play they can hang with the better teams. The problem is it's anybody's guess as to when they are going to actually give some effort.

If I had to bet on this game I would take the hokies but the best bet is to lay off.
    Also a UNC alum and sadly a bigger 'football fan', than 'basketball fan'.

I'm with Bigh2001. I think this could be another UNC - Clemson game.

There is a lot of talent on the team, but after losing to NCSU again (which is the only game NCSU fans care about) it looks like the team is on a boat floating out in the ocean somewhere.

Combine this with the fact that it's in Blacksburg on a Thursday night, which is a great atmosphere to watch a game (if you're not an opposing fan) and there's no way I'd go towards this game with a wooden nickel.

UNC is too bipolar. They scored exactly ZERO points against an awful NC State team and they have had an off week, but who knows. I think there are probably a lot more solid plays on the board. You just don't know what UNC team you're going to get tonight.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

UNC is so falkey that it is hard to get a read on them. They score 49 against Wake, and get shut out by N.C. State the following week. This is a pass for me.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    Also a UNC alum and sadly a bigger 'football fan', than 'basketball fan'.

I'm with Bigh2001. I think this could be another UNC - Clemson game.

There is a lot of talent on the team, but after losing to NCSU again (which is the only game NCSU fans care about) it looks like the team is on a boat floating out in the ocean somewhere.

Combine this with the fact that it's in Blacksburg on a Thursday night, which is a great atmosphere to watch a game (if you're not an opposing fan) and there's no way I'd go towards this game with a wooden nickel.

UNC is too bipolar. They scored exactly ZERO points against an awful NC State team and they have had an off week, but who knows. I think there are probably a lot more solid plays on the board. You just don't know what UNC team you're going to get tonight.
    As an NC State fan, you're exactly right. It's pathetic. That's the only reason I think Tom O still has a job.

Our OC is way too predictable, and our strength and conditioning staff should all be put out to pasture. I don't know of any team in Division I football that gets decimated by injury year in and year out like NC State does.

Not that this is on-topic or anything. Just a rant from an NC State fan (who just got suckered into driving to Boston and back in a weekend to watch us lose to the dregs of the ACC).

UNCGQ

Good luck to all tonight . . . as a UNC guy I stayed away like the plague (and for the above mentioned reasons).

UNCGQ

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Not that this is on-topic or anything. Just a rant from an NC State fan (who just got suckered into driving to Boston and back in a weekend to watch us lose to the dregs of the ACC).
    I know that feeling. Been on way too many extended trips only to witness a beat down from the first snap of the game. The post-Mack Brown era comes to mind.