Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quality input on KANSAS STATE +9.5 at TEXAS is appreciated!

Quality input on Kansas State +9.5 at Texas is appreciated!

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Texas' 3 leading rushers are out....best one Whittaker is out for season

Scuba Gooding Jr
    Scuba Gooding Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're a trends guy

Wildcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games.
    Wildcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    Wildcats are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    Wildcats are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
    Wildcats are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games as a road underdog.
    Wildcats are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games on fieldturf.
    Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
    Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
    Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog.
    Wildcats are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
    Wildcats are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
    Wildcats are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 conference games

Scuba Gooding Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jake View Post
    Texas' 3 leading rushers are out....best one Whittaker is out for season
    Brown and Bergeron are day to day, Whittaker is the only one out for the year.

Scuba Gooding Jr

interesting also that this line opened up at Tex -7.5 and immediately went to -9.5 ?

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fellas, take the the points. My Horns are banged up bigtime, down to 4th string RB..Shipley still day to day, LB Keenan Robinson out 1st Q against MU along with our starting LT they are questionable. The wildcat was a big part of this offense and that is out the window with Fozzy gone for the year. With a healthy Longhorn team -9 would be spot on but there are way to many injuries at this point for this game not to be closer to a pick'em. The Horns bowl game is where you can bet the house.

Urbanwildlife

38663789-111/14/2011 9:02AMParlay 509.00/2,912.47
    Football - 245 Minnesota Vikings +13 -110 for Game
    Football - 381 Kansas State +10 -120 buying ½ for Game
    Football - 399 Oklahoma -14 -110 for Game

Givemhell Horns

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    38663789-111/14/2011 9:02AMParlay 509.00/2,912.47
    Football - 245 Minnesota Vikings +13 -110 for Game
    Football - 381 Kansas State +10 -120 buying ½ for Game
    Football - 399 Oklahoma -14 -110 for Game
    not sure about the ou bet, over the years they have been a terrible road team. Would not be surprised at all if Baylor took them to the wire. If not for ou coming off a bye week, Baylor without a doubt would be the play. GL though.

RenoHightower
    RenoHightower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2688

Quote Originally Posted by Givemhell Horns View Post
    not sure about the ou bet, over the years they have been a terrible road team. Would not be surprised at all if Baylor took them to the wire. If not for ou coming off a bye week, Baylor without a doubt would be the play. GL though.
    Coming from a Horn fan.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

kansas state all the way in this one

Givemhell Horns

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    Coming from a Horn fan.
    Scratch that ...take the the team with the Office Max logo and the looney tune fight song played every 4 seconds. GL

rbrown2007
    rbrown2007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

K State will most likely win this one SU, however I would still take the points and run with it before the line starts to move.

TEViN-BRADFORD
    TEViN-BRADFORD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

the under looks good

Xstream
    Xstream's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice spot and line for K-State. Nice thread Urban!

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Why is K State such a big underdog in this one? I don't get it.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas...............

matt892
    matt892's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Texas...............
    Locked in K-State

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Still waiting for the 'quality input' I see....

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Gooding Jr View Post
    interesting also that this line opened up at Tex -7.5 and immediately went to -9.5 ?
    I was looking at my DBS3 (Don Best) screen when the lines first started poping up sunday evening, and it opened with Texas -9. The line has moved to 9.5 now.

The linesmen do not respect K St even though they are like 8-1 ATS.

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Texas...............
    Did you watch Texas play at Missou last week? Both freshman QBs could not hit water let alone a receiver. They are down to their fourth string running back.

The run defense is good but if you cannot score what is the point.

I will ride with the team that has is 8-1 ATS.

Urbanwildlife

I am having a hard time for some unknown reason putting confidence in Kansas State, but all they do is continue to cover like Cobra07751 pointed out, and that is why I was asking for some quality input on why people feel Texas or Kansas State will cover on this game. It looks very appealing, but ?????

rcjiii
    rcjiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas stinks. They looked awful against Missouri last week. KSU's biggest weakness is the pass defense. UT's quarterbacks can't throw accurate passes. 9 points is a gift with all of UT's injuries.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

live in Austin. Texas will lose this game SU. They are beaten down. K State will play like it's a bowl game. klein and company will beat this injured team and has tons more heart than any team in the conference....

Kstate ML
    Kstate +8.5 for me..

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

This is the second consecutive "strange" line involving Kansas State in the past two weeks. Looking back at the A&M game last week I see that A&M was poised to go up three scores before an interception and a short field changed the game and allowed KSU to come back. Turnovers and missed opportunities killed the Aggies...

I think Texas' defense will have a say in who wins this game. Just can't bring myself to bet KSU here...

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Im still not convinced of this Kansas St team as much as everyone else but plus 9.5 against Texas is a joke when you look at what KSU has already done. They have beaten Missouri (a team that just convincingly beat Tx), they beat an under accomplished but very talented A&M team, and not to mention they had a shootout against Ok State which they almost won. I have to put my money on K State for this one.

Texas looked awful last week and if Brown and Bergeron can't go full speed this game, it could be ugly. Even if Texas does win this one which I doubt they will, no way will they win by more than a TD. They just don't have the offensive of power to do it. Only way I see Texas winning is if their D plays amazing. If thats the case then it will be low scoring and Texas might barely get this one but I doubt it.

Get it while you still can. I think the line has dropped to 8.5. Still a great bet. So is the ML.

11/19/11 8:00pm College Football 381 Kansas State +290* vs Texas

11/19/11 8:00pm College Football 381 Kansas State +9½ -110* vs Texas

bet_that_all
    bet_that_all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

easy money on over

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Opinion coming from a lifelong Texas fan having watched the Big 12 all year -

At first glance, I would favor KSU by -1 or -2. So this line is WAY off. Texas offense is literally nothing without Brown, Bergeron, and Whittaker. Whittaker is gone for the year and Brown and Bergeron are questionable. On the passing side, our QB play has been very bad. We simply don't have anyone who can make a play passing the ball. Our QB's can't make reads, aren't very accurate, and get flustered in the pocket. Seriously it's embarrassing to watch.

Now, Texas defense is seriously legit. I will say that. So if Brown and Bergeron both come in healthy, Texas could win. But even then, I don't see it by more than 10. If Brown and Bergeron are out, K-State by 10+. Hate to say it, but it's the truth.
    Last edited by nj1035; 11-16-11 at 04:23 PM.

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Texas posted 880 rushing yards 2 weeks ago and fell on their faces last week with only 28 in their loss...same trend for the rushing game: 152 yards 2 weeks ago to 76 last week in that 5-point mess against Missouri. Kansas St has come around nicely in the second half of the season. Theyve given up some points: 58, 52 and 50 in the last 3 games but are 2-1 ATS. QB Klein has tossed for more than 1500 yards and 1000 rushing...not to mention Kansas State is +68.5 points in all road games this season.

They may not win, but Kansas State to cover.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly Urban,I'm not jackin you when I say this,I think K-state will get murdered..................

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Public dog burial coming.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

most people fall into these same bets every week...and i think that is how the books get people. you can always pick a couple of lines that stick out bigtime and are just begging for action...last week nebraska and this kstate team. nebraska failed to cover for most last week, and kstate was in a position to lose badly before the a+m 2nd half woes took over again. i think this week all the people that were on kstate will just be even more bold...with many going all-in. people who have been doing this many years know from past experience to just leave these games alone...if it looks too good to be true, it prolly is. people will get busted on one of these again soon...maybe this game. btw...i don't think vegas has their hand in the outcome of this game. i just think they see a really strong run d in texas...and it has been shown a strong run d can shut down this kstate o and make them look bad. who knows...maybe it is free money again, but i feel this entire game will likely look something like the start of the a+m game last week, minus the 2nd half collapse. hope you guys cash as i only have the under...but i doubt it. i actually agree with coin this week, and i have thought about betting the texas spread, depending on what it does tomm. i just didn't want to post it early so i wouldn't have to argue with people all week.