hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

xmas on Nov 19th...K State plus 9 at Texas

I thought they would be favored by 3 to 4 as did most of my Longhorn friends....
    I can't believe this and said "holy sh((" when the line came out....
    I think they will stuff the box and dare Texas to throw...
    Not sure if any of the 3 RB's will be back...Brown, Bergeron or Fuzzy Bear (I would guess he is out for year?).

These cats have our number as they have done well against Texas recently.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Texas will not win another game this year. Bet the house on Kansas State.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

K-State's QB Klein is the truth. He will win his team to crush the Long Horns.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

k st. to win ML

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Fire Mack Brown already

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by hornsrgrt View Post
    I thought they would be favored by 3 to 4 as did most of my Longhorn friends....
    I can't believe this and said "holy sh((" when the line came out....
    I think they will stuff the box and dare Texas to throw...
    Not sure if any of the 3 RB's will be back...Brown, Bergeron or Fuzzy Bear (I would guess he is out for year?).

These cats have our number as they have done well against Texas recently.
    Looks like an off line to me. KState SHOULD be favored. Geez line opened at 7.5 and now its Texas -9.5

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texas is home though
    K St comes off an emotional draining game

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

I gotta say, I think by far K State has just about the hardest schedule in sports this year.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

The main question was why was KSTATE a +5.5 dog AT HOME against Texas A&M?

This line does look really good, but why was were they a big dog at home last weekend?

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horns D has only given up 20 pts or more only twice this season, however, we have a ton of injuries on the offensive side. Against MU we were down to our 4th string RB in the 1st Q. With Fozzy out for the season and MB and JB questionable this week, -9 is way to high and and should be more like a PK. A healthy Longhorn team the -9 would be spot on. Guess bookmakers are thinking that is the case.

One thing i will say...KSU will be lucky to score 10 to 14 on this D but as of now you boys should take the points.

hornsrgrt

agree with this but don't think our offense is going to move the ball...bought 1 pt up to 10.5 and put 2k on k state
    Bill Snyder is not stupid and will force Texas to pass...both qb's looked nervous and threw too quickly last week...Ash seemed to only heave it up and throw long passes...
    it is a night game and senior night but 10.5 is a bunch of points with Fuzzy out for season...not sure about Brown, Bergeron or Shipley...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Givemhell Horns View Post
    Horns D has only given up 20 pts or more only twice this season, however, we have a ton of injuries on the offensive side. Against MU we were down to our 4th string RB in the 1st Q. With Fozzy out for the season and MB and JB questionable this week, -9 is way to high and and should be more like a PK. A healthy Longhorn team the -9 would be spot on. Guess bookmakers are thinking that is the case.

One thing i will say...KSU will be lucky to score 10 to 14 on this D but as of now you boys should take the points.
    K State will score more than 10 or 14. Texas has certainly played better pass D since the Oklahoma game and Okla St since they abandoned the tight press man to man scheme. Of course stepping down in competition could be some of it. IMO Texas will be able to pound the ball with who ever gets the call ala UCLA, Iowa St, Kansas. But the -9 spot will require them to play great in the secondary and I just don't see it.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also thought I was looking at a bad line. Look at a picture of Snyder 20 years ago and then one of today. The dude doesn't age. He is Dorian Gray and the deal he made involved KState. Only explanation. The smartest and studliest guy on the field will be Kstate QB. You will be feeling "trap" all over this thing, but you have to take the 9 and voodoo!!

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

K-State's last three games against Texas: 3.5-point underdogs (won 39-14); 15-point dogs (won 41-21) and 16.5-point dogs (won 45-42).

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slim dog View Post
    K-State's last three games against Texas: 3.5-point underdogs (won 39-14); 15-point dogs (won 41-21) and 16.5-point dogs (won 45-42).
    Can't overlook this...hell i feel much better about our chances every year vs. ou than when we play KSU. They have our #. I seriously believe Snyder is the best coach in the history of CF.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

If this line doesn't slap you in the face to make you rethink your KS pick, then you might wanna regather your strategy.

Books give nothing away for free....

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    If this line doesn't slap you in the face to make you rethink your KS pick, then you might wanna regather your strategy. Books give nothing away for free....

that penn st nebraska under last week was free money

line that should have been about 30-35

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Wonder what the Ohio State -Penn State O/U line will be....like 27?

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I like the play but my concern is how will K State recover after a 4OT game. I watched the game and Klein is a beast but he had bandages over him BEFORE the game! He must be the most sore man in America right now.

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

You will all lose. Texas is the play

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great comment mdfizzle, but if you want to make a comment of this type, support it with some facts.

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Great comment mdfizzle, but if you want to make a comment of this type, support it with some facts.
    check my thread. I am providing winners consistently.

MikeT007
    MikeT007's Avatar Become A Pro!

K state +9.5 they have been $$ they should recover in a week...
    Last edited by MikeT007; 11-15-11 at 06:51 AM.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll do k-state ML or nothing

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mdizzle is obv some d.ick head wigger who puts stupid ass 1 sentence comments like. K-state will lose.

MikeT007
    MikeT007's Avatar Become A Pro!

K state has this game all the way. I don't understand y such a dog? It's Saturday night in Texas but still...

icon044
    +$1552
    icon044's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

So is Klien playing? I'm hearing mixed things bout how banged up he is?? Anybody have info on that

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys are gonna be hating life when this game goes final.

This isn't the Okie Sst defense that K St is going up against, and why don't you look at the points K St has given up over the last few weeks.

Texas controlled the LOS vs Mizzou, we just had a lot of injuries. Malcom Brown and Shipley will be back too.

Night game in Austin, Horns roll. 34-10.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    you guys are gonna be hating life when this game goes final.

This isn't the Okie Sst defense that K St is going up against, and why don't you look at the points K St has given up over the last few weeks.

Texas controlled the LOS vs Mizzou, we just had a lot of injuries. Malcom Brown and Shipley will be back too.

Night game in Austin, Horns roll. 34-10.
    Obviously you are biased, so your comment means nothing. Can't wait till next Thursday. Gig 'em

cutlerfan
    cutlerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Ash has to be one of worst QBs in all of college football. If Texas can't run, they can't win.

hornsrgrt

heard Klein is hurt but that all three-brown; joe b and ship - may not play...regardless of who plays, snyder is a great coach and will force texas throw the ball...both ash and lil mccoy looked scared and throw the ball quickly and not very accurately

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

K-state did go to OT but managed to throw up 53 points. Texas came off a loss AT mizzou. Thats a hard place to play in itself. They lost their RBs (and whittaker was very much the heart of this offense and a senior). I say that bc it is senior night in Austin. Still, K st (who has Texas' number) AND a solid team themselves this year has been battle tested. Texas has TOO many injuries and expecting Ash (a part time freshman qb) to pick apart the K st D is asking a bit much. My book had +10 (and my other book took it off the board).
    I took K st +10 for a nice sum and teased it to +16 as well. Maybe texas plays for seniors and whittaker...and maybe they get a W...but I really dont see them covering 10. Not like K state doesn't want to win themselves, they have goals too.
    K state and ill gladly take +10

hornsrgrt

here is what one columnist from Austin says...

Pardon the Motownphilly reference, but this is the time for the Longhorns to take a page from the old Emory Bellard playbook and run on nearly every play. Give each back 20-plus carries, and ask David Ash to mix in some zone read runs.
    The Horns are not built for shootouts, and if they can make this a low-scoring affair against ground-and-pound Kansas State, it gives them the best chance to get a seventh win.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking at recent games, I have KState rated 133 and Texas 132....Home field gets 5 points imo so I see Texas in the -4 range. Looking at the entire season I have Texas rated 131 and Kstate 130 leading to a Texas -6 line. I'd take the points here but its a no play for me personally.

hornsrgrt

Home > Bevo Beat > Archives > 2011 > November > 17 > Entry <!--COMMON --><!--BYLINE--><!--ORG LINE --><!--RELATED CONTENT BOX --><!-- COMPILATIONS OF PARTS BELOW --><!--RELATED CONTENT PODCASTS --><!--DONT DELETE THIS LOCAL INCLUDE -->
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> //async script (function() ** var s = document.createElement('SCRIPT'); var c = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = 'http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js'; c.parentNode.insertBefore(s, c); **)();</SCRIPT><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1321628135807&count= horizontal&dnt=&id=twitter_tweet_button_ 0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2F www.statesman.com%2Fblogs%2Fcontent%2Fsh ared-gen%2Fblogs%2Faustin%2Flonghorns%2Fentri es%2F2011%2F11%2F17%2Fbetting_on_ksta.ht ml%3Fcxntfid%3Dblogs_bevo_beat&text=Bett ing%20on%20K-State%3F&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.statesman. com%2Fblogs%2Fcontent%2Fshared-gen%2Fblogs%2Faustin%2Flonghorns%2Fentri es%2F2011%2F11%2F17%2Fbetting_on_ksta.ht ml&via=statesman" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></SCRIPT><IFRAME style="POSITION: static; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 90px; HEIGHT: 20px; VISIBILITY: visible; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=I1_1321628135623 title=+1 tabIndex=-1 marginHeight=0 src="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.statesma n.com%2Fblogs%2Fcontent%2Fshared-gen%2Fblogs%2Faustin%2Flonghorns%2Fentri es%2F2011%2F11%2F17%2Fbetting_on_ksta.ht ml&size=medium&count=true&annotation=&hl =en-US&jsh=r%3Bgc%2F25390851-24f71868#id=I1_1321628135623&parent=http %3A%2F%2Fwww.statesman.com&rpctoken=1840 80865&_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_clo se%2C_open%2C_resizeMe" frameBorder=0 width="100%" allowTransparency name=I1_1321628135623 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Betting on K-State?

By Christian McDonald | Thursday, November 17, 2011, 05:48 PM
    On the way into work this morning, I was listening to Erin Hogan and Chip Brown on ESPN Austin talk about the betting line for the University of Texas vs. Kansas State on Saturday. I’m not a betting man, but according to covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/ncf/teams/team131.html, 6-3 Texas is currently favored by 8 points over 8-2 K-State, which seems like an opportunity considering Texas is down to their fourth-string running back.
    The sports pundits commented that Vegas hasn’t put much stock in K-State all year, and that got me wondering how they stack up vs. the line with other Big 12 teams. Looking at past results vs. the line this year, K-State indeed joins 2nd-ranked Oklahoma State in beating the line eight times this year. Most other Big 12 teams are in the middle of the pack, with the other outlier being Texas A&M, who have only two wins vs the line.
    We’ll have to see how much the line moves before kickoff at Royal-Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
    Here is a data visualization of the Big 12 vs. the betting line.
    <STYLE type=text/css>table.tableizer-table {border: 1px solid black; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;** .tableizer-table td {padding: 4px; margin: 3px; border: 1px solid black;**.tableizer-table th {background-color: #7e8fa1; color: #FFF; font-weight: bold; border: 1px solid black;**td.win {background-color:#4ae294;**td.lose {background-color:#ed9393;**td.noline {background-color:#dbdad9;**</STYLE>
    Big 12 Teams vs betting line this season

<TABLE class=tableizer-table><TBODY><TR class=tableizer-firstrow><TH>Week</TH><TH>K-State</TH><TH>OK State</TH><TH>Missou</TH><TH>OU</TH><TH>Kansas</TH><TH>Texas</TH><TH>Texas Tech</TH><TH>Iowa State</TH><TH>Baylor</TH><TH>Texas A&M</TH><TH>Total Big 12 Wins</TH></TR><TR><TD>Week 1</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD>6</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 2</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 3</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 4</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 5</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 6</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 7</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 8</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 9</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 10</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>5</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 11</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=win>W</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=noline>N</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD class=lose>L</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Team Wins vs. Line</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Betting line history via covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/ncf/teams/teams.html | Created with help of Tableizer.
    W is a win vs. the line, L is a loss and N means there was no line for that game

12 Last