BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Nah he's got the goods, poise, mechanics, accuracy, arm strengthy, and can scramble and run. Saw many throws he'd look off defenders before he threw, he did that quite a bit and it wasnt just looking their way, it would be just enough of a shoulder/body movement, then throw in the other direction, I think he'll be just fine at the next level.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

THIS GUY IS A FRAUD I AM NOT IMPRESSED BY LAST NIGHTS PERFORMANCE

HE IS GOING TO GET KILLED IN THE NFL HE IS A YOUNG KID AND HE ALREADY WEARS A KNEE BRACE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIM WHEN RAY LEWIS TWISTS HIS KNEE A COUPLE OF TIMES.HE ALSO LOOKS SLOW ON HIS FEET WASTE OF A NUMBER ON PICK IF YOU ASK ME.

LOSE FOR LUCK WHAT A F-CKING JOKE AFTER WATCHING THIS STIFF LAST NIGHT

YOUR GOING TO BE OUT OF LUCK IF YOU DRAFT ANDREW LUCK

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I love how you guys jump on his back after one bad game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Luck was exposed

No way he is a great QB

Waste of a pick

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    When I watch any sport or game I can tell within a quarter who the best players on the court/field are.
    This is just a little ignorant.You do realize football is a team sport and Luck is 1 of 22 people on the field?With the 11 that are not on his team being much faster than his 10 teammates.Oregon is a nightmare match up for Stanford same as last time they played when Stanford lost.I agree that he may be over hyped and stated that in last weeks thread that was praising Luck but if you look at the top NFL QBs (Rodgers,Brady,Brees,P Manning) they all are smart with their decision making.I think that is what has scouts drooling over Luck in that he is very smart to go along with good mechanics.He can dissect a defense but its a lot harder when the whole defense is faster than his options.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Harbaugh should have recruited some wide receivers...

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

he's lacking intestinal fortitude and guts. plays like he's scared to fail sometimes. obviously better than than that bible thumping tebow but he better have a good team and offline in the nfl or he will end up in canada where he should go anyway. should go in 2nd round but you know he will go earlier (bust)

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

This is just a little ignorant.You do realize football is a team sport and Luck is 1 of 22 people on the field?With the 11 that are not on his team being much faster than his 10 teammates.Oregon is a nightmare match up for Stanford same as last time they played when Stanford lost.I agree that he may be over hyped and stated that in last weeks thread that was praising Luck but if you look at the top NFL QBs (Rodgers,Brady,Brees,P Manning) they all are smart with their decision making.I think that is what has scouts drooling over Luck in that he is very smart to go along with good mechanics.He can dissect a defense but its a lot harder when the whole defense is faster than his options.
    So Stanford could run the ball because the Oregon 11 was much faster and better, but not pass and turn the ball over because of the same Oregon 11? Looks like Oregon made a huge committment to stop the run, they didn't seem too worried about Luck beating them. Just what I saw before the game got completely out of hand.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Nah he's got the goods, poise, mechanics, accuracy, arm strengthy, and can scramble and run. Saw many throws he'd look off defenders before he threw, he did that quite a bit and it wasnt just looking their way, it would be just enough of a shoulder/body movement, then throw in the other direction, I think he'll be just fine at the next level.
    I agree w/ this....when you have world class elite receivers & you combine them w these qualities baring injury you have the recipe for success. Luck hasn't had the luxury of working w/ world class elite receivers in college but he will have that luxury @ the next level. I think some of the so called "experts" are jumping the gun a little bit pegging him as a can't miss HOF'er but I do think he's gonna have a more than solid NFL career.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    So Stanford could run the ball because the Oregon 11 was much faster and better, but not pass and turn the ball over because of the same Oregon 11? Looks like Oregon made a huge committment to stop the run, they didn't seem too worried about Luck beating them. Just what I saw before the game got completely out of hand.

Yeah they ran the ball well because the way to combat a mismatch of speed is to run the ball down their throat with power football.
    I don't want to keep sounding like I'm defending the guy because I sort of agree that Luck may be over rated but you can't use this game as a barometer .You really never know until they play with NFL speed on both sides .Its not just a coincidence though that the leagues elite quarterbacks rely on their brains more than their physical prowess and that is one attribute he has going for him.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

kellen moore keg collins colts future qb

First 12