bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

which angle to take on penn state

theres two angles on this game angle one is that penn state will be fired up and wanting to show the world there bigger then this scandal as a program and will come out more fired up then usual and play outta there minds...

angle two is that they havnt focused on football all week had reporters in there face not at any point in the week were they preparing for this game... They didnt even have a pep rally for this game and i doubt any of the players have thought about nebraska and they will be under prepared...

which angle is stronger?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Neither. This is the perfect example of a game to stay away from. No one has any idea which Penn State team will show up. Nebraska is no bargain package either, having lost at home to Northwestern last week. When you get two team this flakey, the best thing to do is to stay away from the game.

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

I think the second angle is the strongest...This had a negative emotional impact on players and fans, splitting students and school. I'm not saying they are going to go out there and be lazy and not play well, but I don't see them coming together and getting fired up after this. I'm on Nebraska.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Neither. This is the perfect example of a game to stay away from. No one has any idea which Penn State team will show up. Nebraska is no bargain package either, having lost at home to Northwestern last week. When you get two team this flakey, the best thing to do is to stay away from the game.

this... the only play could be the under...

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree... the total scares me because PSU could show up and play out of their minds and actually show some offense and crush Nebraska, and go over.

Or

They could be wayyy unfocused, and underperform (with an already lack luster offense)... score basically nothing, and give up 30+ to a capable nebraska team...

Realisticly it will probably fall somewhere in the middle, 21-17 or 24-21 but who likes sweating games that hard.... pass

I think Neb comes out on top but PSU has a good defense and they should be able to hang around... but final score is a complete mystery

bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I was leaning penn state just cause i think nebraska is very over rated there offense is average at best and i think the northwestern game was a wake up call this team is very beatable and i could see penn state winning outright buy 7 or more depending on like you said which team shows up... Im probally gonna go small on psu just cause i see this being a back and forth battle coming down to a field goal

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This game is a total yoyo. The Hilton has the game at Nebraska -150, PSU +130. The Wynn has the game at Nebraska -170, PSU +150. That is almost a guaranteed middle. The total has hovered around 43 all week. Penn State's offense has been held to 16 points or less 5 times this season. Their defense has held the opposition to 10 points or less 6 times. Nebraska has a Head Coach and a QB that are head cases. Good luck if you are going to play this game.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Defending the option takes a lot of focus. Has PSU done what it takes to prepare? No. Additionally look what Nebraska did to Wisconsin Offense...PSU is not as explosive and i expect a similar outcome today.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didnt Wisconsin score like 48?