daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Why is Auburn +13 @ Georgia?

This line makes no sense. It should be around UGA -6 or -7 tops. Georgia is completely scatter brained and hasn't dominated anyone decent outside the state of Mississippi. Auburn +13 seems like immense value.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bill Eldred

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

was thinking the same but havent pulled the trigger yet.
    seems fishy
    I was expecting -7, maybe -7.5

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

This is ultra fishy. I smell a blow out UGA style
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-12-11 at 08:17 AM.

Coconut Cowboy
    Coconut Cowboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a head scratcher. If you look deeper into the win streak by UGA, there really hasn't been any quality wins. The Florida win is nowhere near as good as it sounds since Florida is clearly down this year and had Demps and Brantley banged up. Even in the games where UGA has jumped out to a comfortable lead, they fail to close strong. They did it against Miss St, Ole Miss, and Vandy. Murray is good for at least one pick and Crowell will put the ball on the ground once as well. Auburn always plays UGA tough. With all that said, when a line looks too good to be true, it probably is. And with the public backing Auburn, UGA laying the points has to be the right side in that one.

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

UGA -13 is roughly what I come up with. Having said that, I don't see UGA covering...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I agree, but some argued why is Georgia only -13.5 with me. Auburn could win this game and it wouldnt surprise me, but I dont see them losing by 2 touchdowns.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMayo View Post
    UGA -13 is roughly what I come up with. Having said that, I don't see UGA covering...
    How did you come up with that number?

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post

How did you come up with that number?
    I just looked up power rankings real quick. The two places I looked both had UGA around 10 points better not including home field adv..I don't have a method, just wanted to see if the line made sense someway..

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMayo View Post
    I just looked up power rankings real quick. The two places I looked both had UGA around 10 points better not including home field adv..I don't have a method, just wanted to see if the line made sense someway..
    Yea I only looked one place and they came up with 10 thats including home field advantage.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I booked this bet the moment my book posted it. I thought it was a misprint. UGA is decent but not 2 TD's decent. I think Auburn has a good shot of winning the game to be honest. This line and Vegas not moving it has me nervous, so I won't hammer it anymore than I've already done but I have to go with my eyesight and this game should be close down the stretch.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I think a lot of you guys are massively overrated Auburn. This is a bad defensive team (near dead last in the SEC) with a mediocre 1 sided offense

Georgia is red hot and their defense has been awesome since their first 2 losses of the season - only way they don't cover/lose out right is if their offense lays an egg. You're better off playing the under if you want Auburn...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

The only thing red hot about UGA is their helmets. They lost to the only 2 quality teams that they played. They won a sloppy game over a very average UF team (I'm a Gator fan) in which they really should have lost. That alone is reason to fade them. The SECwest is much better than the East right now. Auburn and Arkansas are a step behind Bama and LSU but not as far behind as you think. UGA is very overrated.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The only thing red hot about UGA is their helmets. They lost to the only 2 quality teams that they played. They won a sloppy game over a very average UF team (I'm a Gator fan) in which they really should have lost. That alone is reason to fade them. The SECwest is much better than the East right now. Auburn and Arkansas are a step behind Bama and LSU but not as far behind as you think. UGA is very overrated.

Auburn has already lost 3 games this year by 14+ points, that doesn't scare you at all??

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Auburn has already lost 3 games this year by 14+ points, that doesn't scare you at all??
    Lets see you take Georgia then.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Lets see you take Georgia then.

Georgia is too inconsistent for me to back them here, but I would definately take them if you gave me a choice

I just think their defense will dominate the game - as long as UGA scores 28 or more points, they should cover

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Auburn should have lost to Utah State..... Georgia is young....very young....that alone tells me Auburn is the play

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Line is down to -12

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

Get the feeling Georgia is going to roll by 17+.

TheGOAT13
    TheGOAT13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    UGA outgains UF by 128 yards but should have lost?? Also, didn't UF get like 10 pts of kick returns, and UGA not try to score from 1 yard line on last drive which would have made it 11 pt victory?

Slow start but UGA dominated most of game.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

It is a Rivalry game and a major payback game for Georgia. Also, Auburn's D sucks and Georgia will have their suspended players back for this game.

brahmabull117

tough game to predict here though, Auburn has shown an ability to play above it's (mediocre) talent several times this year and Georgia has shown an ability to play below it's talent. I'm gonna stay away

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

this is the easiest pick i see all week.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Auburn. Easily.

sunzal
    sunzal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4648

I'm all over Georgia on this....better numbers and Auburn's giving up one of these weeks....if not already....See it being 3 touchdowns

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Auburn should have lost to Utah State..... Georgia is young....very young....that alone tells me Auburn is the play
    if you think UGA is a young team take a look at Auburns roster
    just as young if not younger.
    sitting this one out since I'm a UGA fan. just gonna sit back and watch UGA roll into the SECC to be crushed by LSU

with that said UGA special teams scares the hell outta me for this game.
    I dont see them covering cause of special teams alone unless Boykin runs a couple back

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    if you think UGA is a young team take a look at Auburns roster
    just as young if not younger.
    sitting this one out since I'm a UGA fan. just gonna sit back and watch UGA roll into the SECC to be crushed by LSU

with that said UGA special teams scares the hell outta me for this game.
    I dont see them covering cause of special teams alone unless Boykin runs a couple back

They exploded their special teams "roster" after the Florida game. They basically have a whole new unit outside of the kicker and punter. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Maybe it's time to hire a special teams coach, Mr. Richt?

Both of these teams are really young. If Murray sticks around for his senior season, there's a good chance they'll be the two best teams in the SEC in two years.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I guess thats why

mmike032

domination

curious of what Auburns total rushing YDs were? havent looked it up but couldnt have been over 30 YDs total

Bill Eldred
    Bill Eldred's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you for making the point. You got me going in the right direction. Reading comments from people like daneblazer and mmike 032 are better than having a sports service.

You know your football!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eldred View Post
    Thank you for making the point. You got me going in the right direction. Reading comments from people like daneblazer and mmike 032 are better than having a sports service.

You know your football!

That's what you get for following two homers. I've never been so happy to be so wrong. That game was an ass kicking.

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

I caught this thread late and did not play either side, but one of the reason I would have played Auburn yesterday is that this is an old rivalry with a lot of history. Dooley played at Auburn and became a Georgia icon. Dye played at Georgia and has a field named after him in Auburn. This game is usually tight. See what I know!

payday_loans11
    payday_loans11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia is completely scatter brained and hasn't dominated anyone decent.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice 1st post