209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!
    209Raidernation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

vt vs gt who u got?

What Bettors Need to Know: Thursday's College Football Action
    By Covers.com

Virginia Tech Hokies at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (+1, 48.5)

THE STORY: The ACC’s Coastal Division likely will be decided at Bobby Dodd Stadium, when No. 9 Virginia Tech visits No. 19 Georgia Tech Thursday night. The winner of this matchup has won the division every year since divisional play began in 2005. The Hokies own four of those victories, including 28-21 last year in Blacksburg, Va., and lead the all-time series 5-3. The Yellow Jackets rank second in the ACC in scoring (37.6), while the Hokies allow an ACC-low 15.4 points per game. Both teams were off last Saturday.

LINE MOVES: This ACC battle opened at some books as a pick 'em. Georgia Tech then moved to a slight 1.5-point favorite before action on the Hokies flipped the home side to +1. The total opened at 49 and has since moved to 49.5.

WEATHER: Game-time temperatures will dip into the low 40s, with winds blowing NW at speeds of up to 8 mph.

ABOUT VIRGINIA TECH (8-1, 4-1 ACC, 2-7 ATS): Nine players have intercepted passes for the Hokies, who also average three sacks per game. Running back David Wilson has rushed for more than 100 yards in six straight games - the longest such streak in Frank Beamer’s 25 seasons as head coach. Quarterback Logan Thomas (6-6, 254) has thrown for 1,934 yards and run for 285 more while accounting for 17 TDs. Jack Tyler will start at MLB over Barquell Rivers because Tyler’s speed gives the Hokies a better chance of stopping Georgia Tech’s option attack.

ABOUT GEORGIA TECH (7-2, 4-2 ACC, 5-3-1 ATS): The Yellow Jackets rank second nationally in rushing (328.0). Quarterback Tevin Washington bounced back from a string of poor outings with a terrific overall game in the upset of Clemson. He made good option reads, threw the ball fairly well and ran for 176 yards, most ever by a Tech QB. Receiver Stephen Hill is averaging 30.4 yards a catch, which leads the nation. He has a knack for making spectacular catches, but drops some easy ones. The defense has gotten a spark from CB Jemea Thomas, who had two INTs, a forced fumble and two pass breakups against the Tigers.

EXTRA POINTS:

1. The Jackets are 7-4 vs. ranked teams under coach Paul Johnson.

2. The Hokies rank seventh nationally in rushing defense (86.3).

3. The Hokies are 17-5 on Thursday Night Football, the Jackets 11-13.

TRENDS:

* Under is 4-0 in the last four meetings.
    * Hokies are 1-4 ATS in their last five meetings.
    * Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last five meetings.
    * Underdog is 5-0 ATS in their last five meetings.

PREDICTION: Georgia Tech 27, Virginia Tech 24 – The Jackets got their confidence back by upsetting Clemson and will feed off a raucous home crowd.

Houston Cougars at Tulane Green Wave (+34, 71)

THE STORY: Undefeated Houston is off to its best start in school history, and sixth-year senior Case Keenum is a big reason why. After breaking former Hawaii star Timmy Chang’s NCAA record for career passing yardage, Keenum is now the NCAA’s career leader in every major passing category. The 11th-ranked Cougars’ road matchup with Tulane is their last tuneup before closing the regular season with tough games against SMU and Tulsa, which will decide the Conference USA West Division crown. Houston has won eight straight in this series and the last three matchups at the Superdome.

LINE MOVES: The Cougars opened as 34-point favorites and have remained steady, with a few 34.5 on the market. The total opened at 71 points and has also stayed put at most books.

ABOUT HOUSTON (9-0, 5-0 Conference USA, 7-2 ATS): In their 56-13 blowout victory at UAB last weekend, the Cougars topped 50 points for the fourth straight game and fifth time this season. Keenum threw for 407 yards in the win and leads the nation with 3,626 passing yards and 34 touchdowns. Lost in the shuffle of Houston’s pass-happy offense, running back Michael Hayes has racked up 553 yards on the ground and is tied with Charles Sims with a team-best seven rushing scores. The Cougars lead the country in total offense, passing offense and scoring offense.

ABOUT TULANE (2-8, 1-5 Conference USA, 3-7 ATS): Since a season-opening win over Southeastern Louisiana, the Green Wave have lost their last four home games by an average of 21 points. Last week, Tulane dropped its seventh straight game overall and gave up three passing touchdowns and three rushing touchdowns in a 45-24 loss at SMU. Coach Bob Toledo stepped down three weeks ago, but the Green Wave haven’t improved much under interim coach Mark Hutson, losing in blowout fashion to Memphis, East Carolina and SMU.

EXTRA POINTS:

1. Houston’s eight consecutive wins in this series have come by an average score of 39-16.

2. "I'm not going to fully enjoy it and celebrate it until after the season,” Keenum said this week about all his records. “Hopefully, I will have a lot more to celebrate after the season than just the records."

3. Tulane ranks 102nd nationally in total defense (423 yards per game).

TRENDS:

* Cougars are 8-0 ATS in their last eight meetings.
    * Cougars are 4-0 ATS in their last four meetings in Tulane.
    * Favorite is 8-0 ATS in their last eight meetings.
    * Under is 5-2 in the last seven meetings.

PREDICTION: Houston 59, Tulane 17. The Cougars’ fast-paced offense will look even more deadly on turf against one of the weaker defenses in the country.

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!

i like g tech @ home

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I want to POUND THE f\*\*k out of GT TT o24. Night game at home on a Thursday with a very explosive offense. Thoughts?

ikamoku
    ikamoku's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I'm on VT + Over

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!

vt? with a rookie qb? didnt blow out duke?

unique1
    unique1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kind of like va tech on this game but gt could pull it out.

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!

i think vt chokes on the road again. against acc foe .

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

I snapped virginia tech @ pick 'em immediately.
    now I'm thinking about another wager on virginia tech -1.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under in this one.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leaning towards Ga Tech but wish I could get +3... maybe tease em up to +7?

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Under

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I'm on GT +1. Leaning over

bengals888
    bengals888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4855

gt

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

VT is overrated. Almost lost to duke, struggled for awhile with a terrible BC team. Extremely unimpressive non conference schedule. The only good team they have really played was clemson and they got embarrassed. It is typically an advantage to face GT off a bye because it gives the opponent two weeks to prep for the unconventional triple option offense. However with GT also off a bye and at home on Thursday night with the division title at stake I like GT or no play. Wouldn't lay $$ on the hokies who have been strongly aided by a pussy schedule.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

No play

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

houston minus anything !

DODGERBLUES24
    DODGERBLUES24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigh2001 View Post
    VT is overrated. Almost lost to duke, struggled for awhile with a terrible BC team. Extremely unimpressive non conference schedule. The only good team they have really played was clemson and they got embarrassed. It is typically an advantage to face GT off a bye because it gives the opponent two weeks to prep for the unconventional triple option offense. However with GT also off a bye and at home on Thursday night with the division title at stake I like GT or no play. Wouldn't lay $$ on the hokies who have been strongly aided by a pussy schedule.
    GEORGIA TECHS SCHEDULE ISNT MUCH DIFFERENT

VTSandman
    VTSandman's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT is known for playing to the level of their competition when they are heavy favorites, i.e. Duke, Boston College. However, this is a Rivalry game and the Hokies should be prepared. There is a lot of bad blood in this rivalry. The last 2 years, Foster has been quoted saying that there were numerous illegal chop blocks by Georgia Tech when Hokie defenders were already engaged, causing injury to several players. Johnson immediately fired back contesting that accusation.

After Johnson's first year in the league, the better ACC defensive teams have had much more success against the triple option. The 1 key to VT winning this game is stopping the run, which has not been up to Foster's standards the last couple of years. Additionally, with the 2 season ending defensive injuries to Antoine Hopkins and Bruce Taylor makes this much more difficult. However, if VT is able to slow the run, and GT has to pass, this plays right into VT's strength at DB in Kyle Fuller and All-American Jayron Hosley, which you would expect would result in turnovers.

With VT having a slightly more balanced offense, GT will need to slow RB David Wilson and get pressure on predictable 2nd & longs and 3rd and longs, if they have hopes of pulling out a home victory. The receiving corp for VT is a little banged up and have had trouble of late getting separation.

I really think this comes down to a defensive struggle, as Foster and Groh are two of the better defensive minds in CFB. Look for this to go either way, with the winning team scoring late to close it out. Being that the win could go either way, it's just a matter of luck if you are on the winning side. I like the UNDER.

Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Under......21-17 game seems about right, the chokies will hope fully stop the run and both teams eat some clock BOL