PyreLight
    PyreLight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trying a betting system

I am not sure if this is original or not but I thought I would try an idea I had. The idea is to find games with large spreads (example, Houston -34.5 vs Tulane) and bet the favorite and the under. It just seems that for the over (73.5) to hit, the spread will most likely be covered by the heavy favorite. Likewise for the the underdog to cover, the under is most likely. The key is to get some unders that also cover.

It just seems like there is a higher chance of the fav covering with the under than a powerhouse letting a scrub team run with them to the over and underdog cover. What do you guys think? Will be trying it out this week with ~21 point favs.

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I see what you're saying there, but I think you need more criteria. For instance in the WKU @ LSU game you'd be taking LSU -42 and under 48. That seems highly unlikely.

If you extended that to spreads between 24-35 and over that consist of 60+ you might have some success. Logic is a double-edged blade in sportsbetting

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

This used to be a favourite for 2 team parlays, but very few shops allow such correlated parlays anymore.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

That's called a correlated parlay... Most online books won't let you do it

PyreLight
    PyreLight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    I see what you're saying there, but I think you need more criteria. For instance in the WKU @ LSU game you'd be taking LSU -42 and under 48. That seems highly unlikely.

If you extended that to spreads between 24-35 and over that consist of 60+ you might have some success. Logic is a double-edged blade in sportsbetting
    I see what you mean...will try to come up with a good spread to total ratio.

Also I havent heard of a correlated parlay, there are no original ideas left . But I book local so will try them until he wont take them.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's a video that Justin did related to this topic. I thought he did a fairly good job of explaining so hopefully this helps clear it up.