obolow
    obolow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon to win BCS +2500

I'm an amateur at this, but what are some experienced thoughts on this future bet?

I see Oregon beating Stanford this weekend on the ground and pounding USC next week(@ Oregon). Then Oregon is on to win the pac 12 against ASU..

Poor Boise doesn't play any more top 25 teams and I don't think will make it.

Arkansas won't beat LSU and will send them to the SEC west then BCS championship..

Crucial thinking (besides oregon/stanford) has to take place at OK/OKST... if OKSTATE wins will they go ahead of 1 loss oregon?? If Oklahoma wins, will they? There will not be a big 10 championship, so how will that affect their chances?

I may take $400 on Oregon +2500 (to win 10k) and then take LSU money line to win the last game @ ~5000..... winning about 5000.... so basically I'm taking Oregon to make it to the BCS @ +1250

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

No chance.

veechy
    Update your status
    veechy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2379

anything is possible, i like it

BuckeyeNation
    BuckeyeNation's Avatar Become A Pro!

If there is a replay game it won't be LSU-Oregon... It would be BAMA-LSU

Ridings
    Ridings's Avatar Become A Pro!

You hate money, please send me some. This bet has no chance in hell.

veechy
    Update your status

lus bama play agian in the sec title game. if bama wins do they really kick okla st out to have them play again in bcs tiltle game. thoughts?

veechy
    Update your status

actually they cant play in sec title game

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Oklahoma has NO shot....voters wont put them in after they lost broyles AND their top RB with one bad loss

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Absolutely ZERO chance of Oregon playing for the national championship. Rose Bowl yes, National Championship NO. Zero chance. ZERO.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Well, it might work if the right teams lost...like LSU...and then Ala lost to Auburn...

gotta take out those SEC teams.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by obolow View Post
    Crucial thinking (besides oregon/stanford) has to take place at OK/OKST... if OKSTATE wins will they go ahead of 1 loss oregon?? If Oklahoma wins, will they? There will not be a big 10 championship, so how will that affect their chances?
    Are you serious? An undefeated Oklahoma State would get into the NC Game over even an undefeated Stanford, let alone a one-loss Oregon team. Massive SOS difference here.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Personally I think Oregon loses against Stanford this weekend. I agree that OkSt has played a much tougher schedule and if they win outright deserve to play in the NC game. Assuming LSU gets to the NC game wouldnt it be a great game to see Stanford and Alabama play?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Oregon

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

bengals888
    bengals888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5011

no change

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by obolow View Post
    I'm an amateur at this, but what are some experienced thoughts on this future bet? I see Oregon beating Stanford this weekend on the ground and pounding USC next week(@ Oregon). Then Oregon is on to win the pac 12 against ASU.. Poor Boise doesn't play any more top 25 teams and I don't think will make it. Arkansas won't beat LSU and will send them to the SEC west then BCS championship.. Crucial thinking (besides oregon/stanford) has to take place at OK/OKST... if OKSTATE wins will they go ahead of 1 loss oregon?? If Oklahoma wins, will they? There will not be a big 10 championship, so how will that affect their chances? I may take $400 on Oregon +2500 (to win 10k) and then take LSU money line to win the last game @ ~5000..... winning about 5000.... so basically I'm taking Oregon to make it to the BCS @ +1250

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Well, it might work if the right teams lost...like LSU...and then Ala lost to Auburn...

gotta take out those SEC teams.
    How will you put in Oregon before a 1 loss LSU, that beat them this year already?

obolow
    obolow's Avatar Become A Pro!

after further research last night I've backed out.. yea im new to this so I probably fooled myself by looking at if-then cases with big payouts... at least I've developed patience so I try not to trap myself in low odd scenarios..

hell, im up 6-fold since CFB.. maybe I'll start posting my picks.. last week went 7-2 ncaaf, 5-1 nfl last week (best nfl week), but barely did better than breaking even .. I played winning bets like a fool so I learned i'll sticking to straight bets, mostly.. thanks for the insight, all

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455