TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Temple Vs Miami OH write up

Congrats to everyone that had followed my play last night. It was an easy win and cover for NIU. For tonights action we head back to the MAC where Miami OH ( 4-5 ) heads on the road to face Temple ( 5-4 )

Temple opened the season by hanging 43 points on a struggling Akon team, then then lost a closely contested match against Penn State in the final minutes of a game in which they were leading up unitl that point and follwed that up with a convincing 38-7 win over Maryland...Temple appeared to be on a tear and the one to watch once conference play began...however that was not the case. Over the last two games, Temple has seen their stud running back Bernard Peirce suffer a hamstring injury, and last week during the Ohio game suffered what appeared to be concussion-like symptoms...for those of you who don't think Pierce is a difference maker in this Temple offense, if it wasn't for some really nice passing by QB Chris Coyer, Temple would have been blown out of that Ohio game. With Pierce's status for tonights game looking doubtful, Temple will have to rely on Coyer having another nice game through the air and the back-up RB Matt Brown will have to produce on the ground. Temple is also coming off of back-to back losses to Bowling Green and Ohio...

On the other side of the ball you have a Miami OH who started the season by dropping their first 5 games...however have seemed to turn their season around winning the last 4 of 5 games going 4-1 ATS. The star of this Miami OH team is their QB Chris Dysert. Dysert is in the top 5 passing yards list for non-senior QB's. The other QBs are RG III, Landry Jones, and Matt Barkley ( not bad company to be around ). For Miami to be successful Dysert is going to have to manage the game...take care of the football and continue to play how has been playing over the last 5 games...Temple's defense has shown flashes of brilliance but have also been shredded at times. I believe Dysert will find enough gaps in the defense to keep the ball moving down the field a chunck at a time....

Temple is a team who likes to run the ball...averaging 258 yrds on the ground, while Miami OH likes to throw the ball, averaging 271 yrds through the air... both teams are rated just about equal on defense giving up about 20-22 points a game...

With both teams appearing to be heading in opposite directions, and with the questionable status of Peirce, I find it hard to lay this kind of number ( on a weeknight in the MAC ) against a team that is more than capable of pulling the outright upset. Temple should win this game, but I expect a low scoring, close-knit game... take Miami OH +13...

Temple 24
    Miami 17
    Points Awarded:

bondi_slacker gave TheProdigy8199 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Smogs

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Very nice write up. On my site you can buy up to 3 points, so I bought 1.5 and bet Miami (OH) +14.5

bkeith12
    Cleveland St - 6h and -11.5 for the game
    bkeith12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Nice write up. With Pierce out, im going Miami OH + 13

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Agreed with your writeup. Temple may win by 10, and the UNDER.

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

whos gonna start qb for temple? stewart or gerardi? not that it really matter cuz they both stink but stewart really blows hard. without pierce, temple may lose straight up. +13 and debating money line (+400!)

Xstream
    Xstream's Avatar Become A Pro!

Food for thought;

*A RedHawk victory Wednesday over Temple and a loss by Ohio at CMU (Nov. 10) would put Miami in sole possession of first place in the MAC East Division with just two games to play.

*Zac Dysert has 7,381 career passing yards and ranks fourth among college football's non-seniors, trailing only Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Baylor's Robert Griffin and Southern California's Matt Barkley.

*Miami has won 10 of its last 13 games against Mid-American Conference competition.

*Temple’s Sophomore QB Chris Coyer will start and is 8-of-14 for 123 yards and three touchdowns.

* Individually, junior RB Bernard Pierce is No. 2 in the nation in rushing touchdowns (18), No. 2 in scoring (13.50 ppg), and No. 10 in rushing (118.88). (questionable)

Miami Offense

Sophomore RB Erik Finklea is the RedHawks' top rusher with 328 yards and four touchdowns on 92 carries. Sophomore WR Nick Harwell has 54 receptions for 895 yards and three touchdowns. Junior QB Zac Dysert is 190-of-304 for 2,364 yards and 16 touchdowns. Senior LB Jerrell Wedge leads all defenders with 70 tackles, including 4.0 TFL, and two break-ups.

Miami Defense

Miami ranks No. 10 in tackles for loss (7.88), No. 18 in pass defense (191.00), and No. 29 in passing offense (278.13). Sophomore WR Nick Harwell is No. 9 in receiving yards per game (111.14) and No. 14 in receptions per game (7.14). Sophomore CB Dayonne Nunley is No. 27 in interceptions (0.38), while junior QB Zac Dysert is No. 29 in total offense (272.75).

Temple Defense and Special Teams
    In the national rankings, Temple ranks among the nation's Top 10 in seven categories, including No. 1 in kickoff returns (28.83), No. 2 in scoring defense (10.00), No. 5 in total defense (263.25), No. 7 in pass efficiency defense (100.10), No. 9 in rushing offense (252.13), No. 10 in pass defense (172.75), and No. 10 in rushing defense (90.50).

Again tonight BOL!

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Xstream View Post
    Food for thought;

*A RedHawk victory Wednesday over Temple and a loss by Ohio at CMU (Nov. 10) would put Miami in sole possession of first place in the MAC East Division with just two games to play.

*Zac Dysert has 7,381 career passing yards and ranks fourth among college football's non-seniors, trailing only Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Baylor's Robert Griffin and Southern California's Matt Barkley.

*Miami has won 10 of its last 13 games against Mid-American Conference competition.

*Temple’s Sophomore QB Chris Coyer will start and is 8-of-14 for 123 yards and three touchdowns.

* Individually, junior RB Bernard Pierce is No. 2 in the nation in rushing touchdowns (18), No. 2 in scoring (13.50 ppg), and No. 10 in rushing (118.88). (questionable)

Miami Offense

Sophomore RB Erik Finklea is the RedHawks' top rusher with 328 yards and four touchdowns on 92 carries. Sophomore WR Nick Harwell has 54 receptions for 895 yards and three touchdowns. Junior QB Zac Dysert is 190-of-304 for 2,364 yards and 16 touchdowns. Senior LB Jerrell Wedge leads all defenders with 70 tackles, including 4.0 TFL, and two break-ups.

Miami Defense

Miami ranks No. 10 in tackles for loss (7.88), No. 18 in pass defense (191.00), and No. 29 in passing offense (278.13). Sophomore WR Nick Harwell is No. 9 in receiving yards per game (111.14) and No. 14 in receptions per game (7.14). Sophomore CB Dayonne Nunley is No. 27 in interceptions (0.38), while junior QB Zac Dysert is No. 29 in total offense (272.75).

Temple Defense and Special Teams
    In the national rankings, Temple ranks among the nation's Top 10 in seven categories, including No. 1 in kickoff returns (28.83), No. 2 in scoring defense (10.00), No. 5 in total defense (263.25), No. 7 in pass efficiency defense (100.10), No. 9 in rushing offense (252.13), No. 10 in pass defense (172.75), and No. 10 in rushing defense (90.50).

Again tonight BOL!

thank you! i was hoping stewart would start for temple, making my decision eaiser.. coyers actually not half bad, dual threat guy. ugh, i may need to lay off this one as well

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

nice write-up prodigy with you on the analysis gl

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

good cal on NIU last night...like Miami tonight as well. good luck.

TheProdigy8199

Thanks for reading...BOL to everyone

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

wow I'm on this play also thanks for the write up

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

agree

Jca6000
    Jca6000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im planning on putting a decent size bet down on the over rushing yards for either Matt Brown or Chris Coyer (especially since Pierce is out). Who do you think gets more yards tonight?

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

good work on the research, it's tedioius stuff at times. I'm with...............ah..........ah....... hmm...miami Oh to cover. good luck.

Didn't get the chance to watch any of these teams last week on the net. Anyone got a feel for what's with them after seeing them play?

TheProdigy8199

It is tedious work sometimes, but stats really do only tell part of the story, and I don't rely just on stats when I pick a side...you really have to know the teams that are playing, and use some of what you know or have seen....I wouldn't blindly cap a game based off just stats, there are always intangibles that need to be taken into consideration.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Dang Miami has only kicked 4 field goals this year and only made 2. Doesnt bode well against a Temple.

NEOHsports4life
    Go Buckeyes!
    NEOHsports4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Like your capping, I also capped the UNDER, 28-10 final... Just dont see Miami OH scoring more than 10, going to be a good defensive game for Temple to help out that sophmore QB, might be more like 21-10.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

could've been miami's game without the turnovers, but the final result is in temple's favor.

unique1
    unique1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't give guys credit on this forum because most of them are full of shit, but bro I've been reading your write-ups and your always real close!!
    Great work bro!

Bigtoilet
    Bigtoilet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy8199 View Post
    It is tedious work sometimes, but stats really do only tell part of the story, and I don't rely just on stats when I pick a side...you really have to know the teams that are playing, and use some of what you know or have seen....I wouldn't blindly cap a game based off just stats, there are always intangibles that need to be taken into consideration.
    Great work Prod! Well done my man....well done

TheProdigy8199

It wasn't always pretty last night, Miami seemed outmatched at times but due to some great plays by Dysert and Hartwell they manage to stay within the number as I thought...Congrats to anyone that followed

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job!
    And the solid write up is the key, some goofs just lob out a pick with no stats, matchups, injuries, weather, "O", "D", motivation, trends, coaching, byes, QB, strength of schedule, revenge, letdowns, artificial vs natural turf, etc.
    SO, what is the point? Any twerp can write "I like Virginia Tech tonight,they will kill GT!"
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-10-11 at 11:35 AM.