ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia tech ml

I think Georgia tech has a great shot at winning this game. It all depends on how well they stop the run because I don't think the Hokies can get it done through the air tonight.

I also believe it will be a low scoring game (UNDER 49).

The Hokies are favoured by 1 at the moment.

The way Virginia Tech had played at Duke has me doubting there concentration & motivation. They had time to prepare but there offense looks awful at the moment. If they can't establish a solid running game tonight look out.

Georgia Tech almost pulled off a win in Hokie land last year if it wasn't for a late kick off return for a td. No Tyrod Tyler and some key players for Virginia Tech from last year. Tevin Washington is back since he filled in for Nesbitt that game so I expect the revenge factor here for GT. They always play ranked teams tough at home and that triple option is dangerous. VT doesn't do well in defending it.

Gonna make it a large play on the Jackets tonight.

GL

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

It all depends on which GT team comes out

If they played like they did at the start of the season, they should win by a lot.

If they come out flat, they could lose by 10

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with DerekMadden - It will be really important to see which Georgia Tech team comes to play. They will have to have their triple option down pat so that they can control the game clock and build up a lead against VaTech. If tech builds a lead and forces VaTech to air it out, game over; I just don't see VaTech being able to air it out with a young qb who hasn't looked that great this season. I think VaTech is playing a bit over there heads and I'm going to lean GaTech on a Thursday night game in front of the home crowd. Tech loves to play Thursday night games and the students come out with lots of support

DODGERBLUES24
    DODGERBLUES24's Avatar Become A Pro!

V-tech has an excellent run defense and georgia tech has struggled when they face teams that can shut down the run.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERBLUES24 View Post
    V-tech has an excellent run defense and georgia tech has struggled when they face teams that can shut down the run.
    they haven't played a run-first offense yet this year

DerekMadden

Actually I think I may jump ALL over GT now..

ridims

I love Georgia Tech tomorrow. Anyone else have anymore insight on this game.

VTSandman
    VTSandman's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT has had 2 weeks to prepare. Foster should have them prepared for the cut blocks. If so, and GT has to throw, Hosley and Fuller are 2 of the best cover corners.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    The way Virginia Tech had played at Duke has me doubting there concentration & motivation. They had time to prepare but there offense looks awful at the moment.
    I wouldn't use the Duke game in assessing the Hokies. I also wouldn't worry about motivation. This is basically a play in game for the ACC championship. You mention how they had time to prepare. Getting an extra week to prepare for the triple option is huge. The offense was miserable at Duke but had 3 - 30 + point games before that. As a VT fan there is a little input. I don't really see a big advantage here either way. VT has the athletes and talent to shut down the GT offense but do they have the discipline? VT has seen Al Groh's defense for years, so hopefully they can come out with a gameplan to score some points early and put pressure on that option attack.

VTSandman
    VTSandman's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT's best level 1 & 2 defenders, Antoine Hopkins & Bruce Taylor, are out for season. However, I still think Foster will have the D ready. This has always been a close game decided by turnovers and I don't see anything changing there. Whichever team is able to establish the run to set up play action and limits the turnovers should win in a closely contested game. Being a VT fan, I'm a slight Hokie lean, but I'm not stupid enough to bet with my heart.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Quote Originally Posted by VTSandman View Post
    VT has had 2 weeks to prepare. Foster should have them prepared for the cut blocks. If so, and GT has to throw, Hosley and Fuller are 2 of the best cover corners.

agree with this statement! - this will be a defensive game. I will wait until right before the game goes off and let all the public money pound the over - then take the under for a few units.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

This isn't a game to go all in but Georgia Tech getting points at home on a thursday night is solid. I hope Va. Tech is PaulyPokers Lock of the Year.

ridims

hmm some good stuff to consider for tonights game. i still like g tech.

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

gtech currently at +1, what kinda money line are they getting? +110?

kwangusbeef
    back on grind

btw, also leaning toward gtech as well..

kwangusbeef
    back on grind

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    This isn't a game to go all in but Georgia Tech getting points at home on a thursday night is solid. I hope Va. Tech is PaulyPokers Lock of the Year.

ROFL