Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody else like Michigan -1 @ Illinois?

Illinois has lost 3 straight . The Illini had an easy schedule to start the season but Michigan still has a lot to play for and I think they are just a much better football team than Illinois.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't strike you as highly suspicious that Michigan is only laying -1 here when it should be more than a FG? Illinois is coming off a bye after three tough losses in which they only surrendered 16ppg and have played very well at home, while Michigan has been subpar on the road. Michigan is not a substantially better team than Illinois.

I would play Illinois here.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I think michigan is an average football team. When was te last game denard didn't turn the ball over?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

wow i am shocked that you guys like Illinois here. I just don't see it. I am not impressed with Illinois at all.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea and 90% of the public bet michigan, then the bookies stick it up our ass.......Or you guys ass, I'm not touching this game.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    wow i am shocked that you guys like Illinois here. I just don't see it. I am not impressed with Illinois at all.
    Why do you like Michigan? What have they actually done this season to prove themselves superior to anyone?

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Forget about Michigan, they cannot do anything on the road.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

bought illinois +3 when it opened

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

thinking about Illinois in this spot

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i guess no one else likes michigan.

I don't think Illiniois will be able to stop Denard Robinson.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Why do you like Michigan? What have they actually done this season to prove themselves superior to anyone?

well they beat Purdue badly and Illinois lost to Purdue. They went on the road and beat a pretty good Northwestern team.

There 2 losses Iowa and Michigan State are pretty good defensive teams. They do seem to struggle against a good defense. But Ohio State beat Illinois only throwing the ball 4 times and completing 1 pass. Denard Robinson is a pretty athletic runner and I would think he would have a pretty good game.

I hear people say Michigan is not good defensively but they only average giving up a little over 15 points a game.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    well they beat Purdue badly and Illinois lost to Purdue. They went on the road and beat a pretty good Northwestern team.

There 2 losses Iowa and Michigan State are pretty good defensive teams. They do seem to struggle against a good defense. But Ohio State beat Illinois only throwing the ball 4 times and completing 1 pass. Denard Robinson is a pretty athletic runner and I would think he would have a pretty good game.

I hear people say Michigan is not good defensively but they only average giving up a little over 15 points a game.
    You realize Illinois is 7th in total defense, right? In particular, Illinois only allows 2.7 yards per carry on the ground while also featuring one of the most aggressive and successful pass rushes in the FBS (ranked 2nd @ 3.4 sacks per game). Michigan State also does both of these things well, and Iowa was also very successful in containing the run (127 yards) and pressuring Robinson (2 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble).
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-08-11 at 03:12 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

So I am the only one on Michigan?

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I'd be very careful playing Michigan at -1. Denard Robinson (and Michigan's offense, since he's practically a one man show) has been shutdown by every decent defense that they've played this year. Illinois has one of the better defenses in the B1G, and taking under consideration that Illinois has had a bye week, playing at home in which they tend to play much better, and the fact that Denard has been a turnover machine, I would be very hesitant being on Michigan here even though it appears attractive at initial glance.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

people keep saying Illinois has a good defense but they haven't beaten anybody but Arizona State.

Look at their other wins
    Arkansas State
    South Dakota State
    Western Michigan
    Indiana
    and barely slipped by Northwestern at home

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Big Bear, you were probably on Michigan last week too, right?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

no i was not on michigan last week. If i had been on Michigan last week I would probably be pissed at them and wouldn't take them again this week. I didn't get a chance to see the Michigan game but I heard D-Rob had 4 chances to score at the end of the game and he choked. I did hear a lot of people on SBR saying Iowa +4 was the play of the week all last week.

I had an amazing Saturday I had Wisconsin -26, Stanford -21, Georgia TT over 44, and LSU +4. Only losers I had last Saturday was Ohio State TT over 40 and Nebraska ML screwed up a parlay I had.

Sunday's NFL though not good. I had a parlay with Jets ML, Saints ML, Giants ML, and Steelers -3, got totally screwed over on that last 30 yard TD pass by Flacco with 14 seconds left. If the Steelers would have hung on I would be sitting pretty right now but I still have a lot of work to do to get my money right.

This week my plays are Nebraska -2, Michigan -1, and Alabama -17. I know all 3 teams I am playing this week are coming off a loss, some people may say that is crazy but one thing is for sure these teams will not have a "let down" week this week.

Also all 3 of these teams I am playing still have atleast a small chance of getting into a BCS bowl game if they win out so they still have a lot to play for.