vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Why is kansas state 4.5 point underdog to texas a&m ?

can someone explain this line to me ? A ranked team getting 4.5 points at home to an unranked team.

Is someone injured for kansas st?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

K-State lines have been bizarre all year, and this is the strangest one yet.

Oddsmakers have zero confidence in this team.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line has actually climbed to -5 at some shops in Vegas. I have absolutely no clue. There is nothing that points to an A&M wins here. Absolutely nothing. A&M is 2-7 ATS this season. State is 7-1 ATS. One would think that this is just too easy. I will be keeping my eye on this one.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Oddsmakers have underrated Kansas St and overrated A&M all year. . . and that's reflected in the ATS records for each team. They still haven't adjusted.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

both teams coming off of big losses. I would take ksu + point at home. Perhaps even tease to a DD home dog.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

2nd time Kst has been a dog to an unranked team, a month ago the same thing happened with missouri, and we all know how that turned out

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Good find. Jump all over K State here plus points.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Books have a ton of respect for A&M, still. Maybe Phil Steel ****** it all up, had em crazy rated before the season started.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

+5 at 5d now.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13521

Thanks for the heads up Vyomguy but ... I never bet early in the week and nobody I use have teaser lines up yet.

w/10
    KS +14.5
    Missouri +11.5
    Geor -2

all at home buying some sweet #'s. Anyone know when these are usually posted? bookmaker the "Maker of the lines" or whatever doesn't have them.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    Oddsmakers have underrated Kansas St and overrated A&M all year. . . and that's reflected in the ATS records for each team. They still haven't adjusted.
    i still find it hard to believe people don't see matchup problems here. they are not dogs because they are not appreciated by vegas, or vegas missed it. they are dogs because their pass d is completely awful, and a+m will likely score 50+ just like ostate and oklahoma did. this week they actually have a very mobile qb and a strong running game to deal with besides the pass, so it may be real ugly. they put all they had into the ostate game...you could see it on their faces how hard they fought...yet all they got was their 2nd loss in a row. qb really banged up as well. no way would i put anything on kstate here...but you all will anyways, so gl.
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave sandman0713 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Kind of like A&M here. One has to worry about A&M folding up now that their season is pretty much over. But I thought they played good defense against Okla. Their pass defense is finally coming around. KState's defense will be easy pickings for Tanneyhill. A couple of tough injuries for A&M need to be looked at.

rwhite71
    rwhite71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

texas a&m gave up 28 points to ou in the third quarter they just don't ever come out of the locker room. Kstate is the right play here but wait till the money line comes out to bet it.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by rwhite71 View Post
    texas a&m gave up 28 points to ou in the third quarter they just don't ever come out of the locker room. Kstate is the right play here but wait till the money line comes out to bet it.
    yeah the man is gonna clean up on this ml. will be the biggest ml of the week, and included in so many parlays to beef the odds...no chance at all this cashes.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    i still find it hard to believe people don't see matchup problems here. they are not dogs because they are not appreciated by vegas, or vegas missed it. they are dogs because their pass d is completely awful, and a+m will likely score 50+ just like ostate and oklahoma did. this week they actually have a very mobile qb and a strong running game to deal with besides the pass, so it may be real ugly. they put all they had into the ostate game...you could see it on their faces how hard they fought...yet all they got was their 2nd loss in a row. qb really banged up as well. no way would i put anything on kstate here...but you all will anyways, so gl.

great analysis

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I agree with sandman. A&M is good against the run awful against the pass so K State shouldn't destroy them on offense. K State can't catch up to teams due to an awful pass offense; in order for them to win they must have a lead or be within one touchdown. A&M has been blowing teams out in first halves and falling apart due to secondary issues in the second half. Also A&Ms offense is pretty good and can score on anyone. There is a reason the line went towards A&M when 86% of the public are on K State. Also A&M even lost their best RB Christine Michael last game and the line is still at -5. I could seeing Vegas cashing in big on this game. But who knows, the way A&M has been playing K State might win but Id still go with A&M if I had to choose.

sevenfires
    sevenfires's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas State if you lok at their power rankings under some opinions is around 80. Where as TexAM is almost 90. It seems many oddsmakers make the odds based on or near subtracting these ranking evaluations.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

I've been to ever ATM game this year except when they traveled to Iowa state and can't say that playing ATM is a bad idea in this situation and this is why:

1. ATMs problems this year have all stemmed from defensive secondary problems in the second half. ATM has been good against
    the rush game this year and this is what k states main staple is on offense so I believe the defense will be able to limit the wildcats offense enough to come out with the w. I also think that if k state decides to switch it up and pass more the defensive line who has piled up sack numbers this year will be able to get by an inferior k-state offensive line making it hard for the passing game to work as well as it has in previous games.

2. If people are worried about ATMs season being over and the team not having much motivation to play well let me tell you that this is opposite of what is the truth. ATM will be motivated to prove that they are the team that people thought they would be at the beginning of the season. I see them coming out with a chip on their shoulder and playing very hard.

3. Vegas doesn't give away free money and when a bet seems too easy it probably is. I see Vegas cleaning up on Saturday with this game since k state is already a huge public bet and the line has already moved the other way.

If you a skeptical about the second half blunders of ATM this year I would suggest looking at ATM 1h -2 or 2.5 which I will be on big because ATM has been a very solid team in the first half and covering most of their spreads.

With all this being said here are my plays for the game

ATM 1H -2.5 5*
    ATM -5 2*

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

ATM huh

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Take A&M 1H
    And Kansas St Straight up ?

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to do a cheap and I mean cheap ML parlay on KS, like 25 2 teamer that will pay around100. I will leave it open then plug the 2nd game in after this hits, the only reason I do this is I had a ML parlay on Giants and LSU this weekend and they both hit with SF on Sunday.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

All KState does is rock ATS. Play KState with ease this weekend.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Tx AM will throw all over KState...forget what happened in the Oklahoma game because Kstate is nowhere near OU..Forget how KState played well and covered against a OK St team (they dont play D)..This is not free money...AM or no play

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    Good points. K-State put their heart and soul into the Okie State loss. With that being said, A&M is A&M and Sherman is Sherman. If you put $$$ on the Aggies at this point you might as well be throwing darts blindfolded. Sherman is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Kind of like A&M here. One has to worry about A&M folding up now that their season is pretty much over. But I thought they played good defense against Okla. Their pass defense is finally coming around. KState's defense will be easy pickings for Tanneyhill. A couple of tough injuries for A&M need to be looked at.
    See above. Even if A&M is technically a "play" here, there's no reason to put money on them in this spot. None.

If you do, take them first half before Snyder schools Sherman on adjustments and A&M follows through with another trademark 2H implosion.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Play the over. Points galore.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

A&M was top 6 against the run couple weeks ago

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

can easily see either of these teams winning this game by 10+. no play for me.