alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Will Alabama be #2 next week...

Okl state (3) beat a weak Kansas state by the skin of their mickeys.
    Boise (4) will beat up on some hopeless program again.

Bama lose in OT to a debatable number 1.

Question is - Can Bama maintain their number 2 ranking this week ?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No, should be stanford. Went on the road and covered dd spread.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Can Bama maintain their number 2 ranking this week ?

I would be fine with this

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    No, should be stanford.
    Id be fine with this too.

alamo

No, should be stanford. Went on the road and covered dd spread.
    Yes they covered a DD spread. But against who ? A 2/7 team in the PAC conference. Bama would piss on Stanford. They barely beat USC. Bama miss 4 FG's in a game that totalled 15 pts tonight. They had a shit kicker but in my opinion they are still the best team in the country. I dont even like Sabin but i respect him

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Ok. St. beat the #14 ranked team in the country and you act like they beat Vandy, lol. K. State is no push over. 100% sure that OSU is #2 in the country come tomorrow.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Does anyone really want to see a Bama/LSU rematch? I sure as hell don't want to watch a 9-6 game.

Bama doesn't really have that impressive of a resume. What's their best win? A home win over an overrated Arkansas team?

In other news, we just had a 5.2 earthquake in Oklahoma and it scared the living shit out of me. Everything in the house was shaking for about a minutes and things were falling over. I think the world is about to end!!!

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Ok. St. beat the #14 ranked team in the country and you act like they beat Vandy, lol. K. State is no push over. 100% sure that OSU is #2 in the country come tomorrow.
    So your trying to tell me a number 3 team beating a number 14 team (Despite the number 14 team failing to punch it in with 4 attempts on the goal line at the death to tie the game) is better than the number 2 team losing to the number 1 team in an OT shoot out. For me, it tells me that there is fck all between the two best teams in the country - LSU and BAMA. If they dont rematch I will give up watching college football as its the most retarded system ive ever seen.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I hope Arkansas beats LSU. This team is so boring to watch.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is, it's not strictly about ranking, its about the collective scoring from the polls & computer. It's pretty hard to argue that Alabama deserves a downgrade when that game was SO close from start to finish. I feel like come Sunday night the rankings will look like:

1) LSU
    2) Alabama
    3) Stanford
    4) OK State
    5) Boise
    6) Oklahoma

I buy the Phil Steele magazine every year and among the things he talked about in the articles this year was the formatting of the BCS bowl, and his argument for a playoff system that doesn't interfere too harshly with the current system. He was proposing the top 4 play in a 1 v. 4, 2 v. 3 semifinal with the winners facing off for the BCS bowl. I gotta say, that looking at the talent in these top teams down the stretch, and imagining the potential matchups, I would really love to see those games played.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    So your trying to tell me a number 3 team beating a number 14 team (Despite the number 14 team failing to punch it in with 4 attempts on the goal line at the death to tie the game) is better than the number 2 team losing to the number 1 team in an OT shoot out. For me, it tells me that there is fck all between the two best teams in the country - LSU and BAMA. If they dont rematch I will give up watching college football as its the most retarded system ive ever seen.
    That's how the system works. The #3 team won and the #2 team lost. The #3 team (with their unbeaten record) will move up. A loss at this point in the season is killer, no matter who it's to. OSU has played a tough schedule and should be rewarded for their wins. It's just bad luck for Bama that LSU is as good as they are this season.
    Besides, what if they have a rematch and Bama wins? Who is the legit champion? Bama who won 1 on a neutral field or LSU who beat Bama on the road?

suicidekings
    Update your status

I hope Arkansas beats LSU. This team is so boring to watch.
    Me too... But I suspect it will not be close.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I buy the Phil Steele magazine every year and among the things he talked about in the articles this year was the formatting of the BCS bowl, and his argument for a playoff system that doesn't interfere too harshly with the current system. He was proposing the top 4 play in a 1 v. 4, 2 v. 3 semifinal with the winners facing off for the BCS bowl. I gotta say, that looking at the talent in these top teams down the stretch, and imagining the potential matchups, I would really love to see those games played.

That would be a great way to settle things.

BigDofBA

How in the hell can Stanford jump Okie State when Stanford hasn't beaten a ranked team all year? Stanford has like two wins over teams with winning records and Oklahoma State just beat a top 15 team and also has a win over a top 20 Texas team.

Stanford should not jump Oklahoma State and Bama should not be ranked #2 after scoring six points at home.

alamo

Guys, Im not even from the States. I love College Football though. I just think the whole system is fckin insane. Firstly how the two best teams can meet in the same year and then one has to be eliminated when its obvious that the number 2 team (Bama) would piss on anything below them. I understand your points about Bama and LSU playing boring football but thats part of the game. These two programs are defensive power houses. All good coaches will tell you that in order to win you must be a good defensive outfit. I loved watching Oregon and Auburn last year and they were both deserving of a BCS final. This year i think LSU and BAMA are the best and its fcked up if anyone else passes them. I agree 100% with suicide kings about a 1,2,3,4 playoff. Yes the #5 team gets left out but at least you know you have most likely the best team in the country in the net. The current system of letting a computer decide seems as an outsider looking in fcking CRAZY.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    How in the hell can Stanford jump Okie State when Stanford hasn't beaten a ranked team all year? Stanford has like two wins over teams with winning records and Oklahoma State just beat a top 15 team and also has a win over a top 20 Texas team.

Stanford should not jump Oklahoma State and Bama should not be ranked #2 after scoring six points at home.
    Don't forget that Ok. St. also beat a TA&M team on the road that was ranked #8 at the time. Beat Mizzou and Baylor who were both ranked earlier this season as well. So, 5 of the 9 teams that Ok. St. has beat have been ranked in the top 25 at some point this season. If they win @ TT next week, go on to beat the Sooners, and then win the Big 12 title game...I don't think that their is any question that they deserve to play in the NCG.

Smoke_O
    Smoke_O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

1. LSU
    2. Okie State
    3. Stanford
    4. Alabama
    5. Orergon
    6. Boise St (poor showing tonight hurts them as they drop behind OU)
    7. OU
    8. Arkansas
    9. Clemson (idle)
    10. VT (idle)
    Last edited by Smoke_O; 11-06-11 at 02:42 PM.

Smoke_O
    Smoke_O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The thing is, it's not strictly about ranking, its about the collective scoring from the polls & computer. It's pretty hard to argue that Alabama deserves a downgrade when that game was SO close from start to finish. I feel like come Sunday night the rankings will look like:

1) LSU
    2) Alabama
    3) Stanford
    4) OK State
    5) Boise
    6) Oregon

Alabama @ #2 wont happen. Have you seen the computer rankings for Okie State? Alabama will fall behind them easily in the human and computer polls. Veteran voters who know football are not keeping Alabama at 2 or 3. They missed countless fgs, had poor execution on offense ALL AT HOME. They also have not beaten anyone of significance this year (I dont count a Arkansas either). They will be #4 on most ballots this week, behind Stanford and Okie State and the computer rankings will only decrease because of their loss.
    Last edited by Smoke_O; 11-06-11 at 02:42 PM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Yea alamo, the system is fuked up, too bad its gonna stay like this.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

no, alabama is done. #4 or #5 at best. offense is pure crap.

BigDofBA

I still don't understand how people can make any case for Stanford to jump OSU. OSU beat a top 15 team and Stanford beat an Oregon State team that lost to Sacramento State at home.

Why didn't Boise jump Stanford after Stanford was lucky to win last week?

I'm still not sold on Stanford. Their best win was over a team in overtime that isn't even ranked at the moment.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

how wouldd ok state. not be ranked number............lmao you say they beat a weak kstate team where do you come off saying that they were just undefeated should be 1 lsu 2 okstate 3standford 4idk

suicidekings
    Update your status

I still don't understand how people can make any case for Stanford to jump OSU. OSU beat a top 15 team and Stanford beat an Oregon State team that lost to Sacramento State at home.

Why didn't Boise jump Stanford after Stanford was lucky to win last week?

I'm still not sold on Stanford. Their best win was over a team in overtime that isn't even ranked at the moment.
    Let me rephrase. I don't think Stanford deserves to jump OK State, for the reasons you stated, however history has proven that the polls do not always accurately describe the teams in question, and Stanford is such a public darling that I won't be surprised to see them eclipse OK State here. I would be very happy to see OK State hold on to their #3 ranking or even sneak into #2 as they're still my darkhorse pick to reach the BCS title game (and by that I mean I have money on them) by running the table.

Oregon is going to beat Stanford next week, and that's going to be the end of their hype.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Doesnt matter cuz ok st and stanford both will lose

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a great pity that the 2 best teams wont be in the final. So what it was only 6-9 but low scoring games can be just as good as a high scoring game. LSU never looking like crossing the line last night. Pity bama couldn't buy a kick last night.

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Doesnt matter cuz ok st and stanford both will lose
    Let me ask this question !
    Let's say Stanford and okl state DO lose before the season is out. Do you think this could bring 'Bama back into the reckoning for a shot at the national title ?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

And Oklahoma shouldn't been ranked in the top 10 after getting beat by an un-ranked textech

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Let me ask this question !
    Let's say Stanford and okl state DO lose before the season is out. Do you think this could bring 'Bama back into the reckoning for a shot at the national title ?
    No-way, for the same reason an undefeated Stanford should jump an undefeated OKST at some point. If a team doesn't win thier division (bama in the SECwest) and doesn't win the conference, they shouldn't play in the national championship. The cloud9 conference (formaly big12) has no conference championship this year. A conference, with no conference championship shouldn't be an automatic BCS qualifier imo.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Do you want the best two teams playing for it, or do you want some attempt at more fast break spread football? Anyone who didn't like the physical play and hard hitting defenses last night can go on thinking Boise should get a shot, but LSU and Alabama would maul anyone out there. Oklahoma State and Stanford have each given up 40 points in a game in the last two weekends. Reminds me of The Sandlot...."Hey Rodriguez, it's easy when you play with a bunch of losers and a fat kid"

fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

That was the worst #1 and #2 teams I have ever watched play each other. Great defense? No, good defense. Very pathetic offense on both sides. The only reason both teams did not lose was because they were playing each other.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Quote Originally Posted by fletch49 View Post
    That was the worst #1 and #2 teams I have ever watched play each other. Great defense? No, good defense. Very pathetic offense on both sides. The only reason both teams did not lose was because they were playing each other.
    Wow, what an ignorant post! The speed on both of those defenses is beyond ridiculous.

artist
    artist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Stanford! All day okla state almost lost to k state... But I do agree Alabama idk I think they could rip okla state apart but Stanford that's another story

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Oklahoma State goes to #2. Stanford to #3. Boise State to #4. Alabama slips to #5. They have a terrible offense. Last nights game showed just how over rated the SEC really is. LSU still has Arkansas and the SEC East champ to get past. Alabama has a trip to Auburn. Nothing is settled yet, but a lot will be settled this week when Boise State hosts TCU and Stanford hosts Oregon.

artist
    artist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Stanford would rip Oregon no problem. I know Oregon got speedster but I expect Stanford to control the whole game and win by DD.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

No way Stanford wins by DD

12 Last