DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

How Altitude Affects Sports

Before all of you immediately go laying down money on USC tonight, read up on the affects altitude has on sports.

This article is an interview with players of Denver Nuggets.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/M...GAMES-78219799

If NBA players struggle, imagine what a College Football Player would go through.

Colorado is getting back some key players on offense,

If they can keep the ball moving, they may be able to wear out the defense of USC

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

great post, DM. food for thought

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

I found this on Covers

In games 2-9, teams that LOST last week as 3.5-23 points underdogs and scored more than 38 points are 24-49 ATS and 19-56 SU. If their LOSS came in overtime, they are 4-18 SU and ATS. And finally, if their LOSS came in multiple overtime, they are 0-11 SU and ATS, losing by 19 ppg SU and 16.2 ppg ATS. In all game numbers, those that LOST in multiple overtime are 0-16 ATS.
    Taking a risk with Colorado +21.5

DerekMadden

BamaBill,

excellent info!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

USC has gone to Colorado and spanked them before.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tell that to oregon who beat them 45-2 in colorado, for their homecoming

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    I found this on Covers

In games 2-9, teams that LOST last week as 3.5-23 points underdogs and scored more than 38 points are 24-49 ATS and 19-56 SU. If their LOSS came in overtime, they are 4-18 SU and ATS. And finally, if their LOSS came in multiple overtime, they are 0-11 SU and ATS, losing by 19 ppg SU and 16.2 ppg ATS. In all game numbers, those that LOST in multiple overtime are 0-16 ATS.
    Your data here indicates that USC has a zero percent chance of winning this game even straight up. However, NOONE here believes that Colorado has a real chance at winning straight up. Therefore all these numbers are just numbers, and need to be dismissed.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    Your data here indicates that USC has a zero percent chance of winning this game even straight up. However, NOONE here believes that Colorado has a real chance at winning straight up. Therefore all these numbers are just numbers, and need to be dismissed.
    he never said they would lose, just info that would say USC could sleepwalk into this game.

If they do, the 20 pts is a gift

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    I found this on Covers

so you're obviously gonna be all over colorado moneyline

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    he never said they would lose, just info that would say USC could sleepwalk into this game.

If they do, the 20 pts is a gift
    There is a chance that any team could sleepwalk through a game that isn't a big game.

DerekMadden

You are also talking about a team that is NOT bowl eligible.

The loss against Stanford was a big game to play for pride.
    There is no conference Champ. to play for anymore

a sleepwalk, is very probable

fatty mcgoo
    Luck is also a skill
    fatty mcgoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    You are also talking about a team that is NOT bowl eligible. The loss against Stanford was a big game to play for pride. There is no conference Champ. to play for anymore a sleepwalk, is very probable
    Every game for this team is a bowl game, what you think the seniors won't play their best because they can't go to a bowl game? or those that are aiming to be future nfl players won't show up? if anything this is a game for them to show-off their skills on a national television and show that they can still be the 2nd best team in the PAC-12

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by fatty mcgoo View Post
    Every game for this team is a bowl game, what you think the seniors won't play their best because they can't go to a bowl game? or those that are aiming to be future nfl players won't show up? if anything this is a game for them to show-off their skills on a national television and show that they can still be the 2nd best team in the PAC-12
    With that logic,

Wouldn't Colorado step up too?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm taking Colorado +22 but it has nothing to do with the altitude.

The altitude effects normal people more than it would division 1 and pro athletes.

The altitude didn't effect Oregon when they won 45-2.

The altitude didn't effect the Lions when they crushed the Broncos last week.

The altitude didn't effect the Red Sox when they swept the Rockies

You get my point. When I visit Friends of mine that live in Denver and Boulder, I don't really notice the altitude that much. It's only when I ski or do a physical activity. You breath faster because the air is thinner so your lungs are trying to compensate by taking in more air.

With that said, the more out of shape you are, the more the altitude effects you. Athletes condition themselves everyday so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    USC has gone to Colorado and spanked them before.
    This USC team is not as good as the ones of Sanchez/Booty/Leinart/Palmer and did not come after their biggest game of a year, with the defending conference champion up next, at Colorado, and following a 3 overtime game on short rest.

Colorado is the sharp play

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

the altitude in Boulder appears to have turned the entire Buff team into a bunch of shitty football players. i had to pick this game in a pool, wanted to back UC and simply could not convince myself to do so even though it's a clear letdown spot for USC. BOL to Colorado backers, i understand the logic, but this game reminds me a lot of FSU/BC last night - if UC falls behind by 28+, it's difficult to see them getting back into it (and yes, i know that the spread last night was a TD smaller than tonight's). UC made Zach Maynard look good, they might make Barkley look like Aaron Rodgers.

SunBeltSteve
    SunBeltSteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Everyone should learn effect vs affect before they post the wrong variant of those words multiple times. With that said, Central Michigan vs. Kent St. is going over 43 tonight, so tune in to that instead, I hope my pick AFFECTS you all in a positive manner.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by SunBeltSteve View Post
    Everyone should learn effect vs affect before they post the wrong variant of those words multiple times. With that said, Central Michigan vs. Kent St. is going over 43 tonight, so tune in to that instead, I hope my pick AFFECTS you all in a positive manner.
    nice...

SunBeltSteve
    SunBeltSteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Oh and for you Sun Belt lovers out there like me, Lafayette should crush Monroe this weekend at home

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Quote Originally Posted by SunBeltSteve View Post
    Oh and for you Sun Belt lovers out there like me, Lafayette should crush Monroe this weekend at home
    they better...giving it a look over, anyway.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

What ever works for you is great. For myself I no longer look @ covers because there are so many...if this than that, before this,after that...ect just too much info to process its hard to gage what is going to be important to cap any game.!.....GL

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think it's safe to safe that Colorado sucks at any altitude.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I think it's safe to safe that Colorado sucks at any altitude.
    boom. well-said.

longhorn2011
    longhorn2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

They also said Fla St. could not play in cold weather. Both road favorites covered.