lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Michigan vs. Iowa, anyone?

Michigan -4 seems like a no-brainer here. Robinson should run roughshod all over Iowa's putrid run defense. Iowa has put up big numbers against bad defenses all year, but we all saw what happened when they played against a top tier defense in Penn State. Iowa has had Michigan's number the past few years which must factor in to the line but let's face it, these aren't the same teams. Iowa may still be hung over from their loss against Minnesota.

Michigan 27, Iowa 14

Anyone care to talk me out of this pick?

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    Michigan -4 seems like a no-brainer here. Robinson should run roughshod all over Iowa's putrid run defense. Iowa has put up big numbers against bad defenses all year, but we all saw what happened when they played against a top tier defense in Penn State. Iowa has had Michigan's number the past few years which must factor in to the line but let's face it, these aren't the same teams. Iowa may still be hung over from their loss against Minnesota. Michigan 27, Iowa 14 Anyone care to talk me out of this pick?
    Im with you on this one. Iowa wont be hard for Michigan to game plan for as Iowa will have their hands full here.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

'sharp' money is all over iowa here as their home ATS is amazing, but if the line hits 3, i'll be on michigan based on pure value

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    'sharp' money is all over iowa here as their home ATS is amazing, but if the line hits 3, i'll be on michigan based on pure value
    WYNN LINE MOVEMENTS Money LineSpreadTotal1st Half2nd HalfDateTimeFavDogFavDogOverUnderFavDogF avDog10/306:08pmMICH-175 IOWA+155 MICH-4 -110 IOWA+4 -110 58 -110 58 -110 MICH-2 IOWA+2 MICH-2 IOWA+2 10/307:44pmMICH-175 IOWA+155 MICH-4.5 -110 IOWA+4.5 -110 58 -110 58 -110 MICH-2 IOWA+2 MICH-2 IOWA+2 11/0211:11amMICH-175 IOWA+155 MICH-4 -110 IOWA+4 -110 58 -110 58 -110 MICH-2 IOWA+2 MICH-2 IOWA+2 11/033:56pmMICH-175 IOWA+155 MICH-4 -110 IOWA+4 -110 58.5 -110 58.5 -110 MICH-2 IOWA+2 MICH-2 IOWA+2 11/036:35pmMICH-175 IOWA+155 MICH-4 -110 IOWA+4 -110 58.5 -110 58.5 -110 MICH-2.5 IOWA+2.5 MICH-2 IOWA+2

Early sharp $ on Michigan here at the Wynn.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

agreed, ill be taking mich.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Yeah, I would think the public is looking at Iowa winning this game outright the past 2 years. I'm not interested in that angle as a lot has changed on both sides since last year.

Iowa is unbeaten at home, but they haven't played anyone. Tennessee Tech, Pitt, UL-Monroe, Northwestern, Indiana?

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Iowa here. Coker will run all over that overrated Mich defense. I have faith that Ferentz will keep Denard realed in.

j_to_the
    j_to_the's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huge Iowa fan here, so I'll give ya an argument against taking Michigan to cover, with obvious bias.

Iowa is at home after a collassal disappointment at Minnesota. No matter their opponent, no matter how unorthodox their opponent, Iowa's game plan is always very good. Their coaching staff is phenomenal at the X's and O's, and their philosophy (which is maddening as a fan) is to do just enough to keep the game close - regardless of opponent. Iowa has the capability on offense to adjust - if they are struggling to run or are behind, they can go 5 wide b/c they have the personnel. Look for Iowa to do some unorthodox (for Iowa) things this weekend after the coaching staff got HAMMERED after last week's debacle. This will be a close game, and the reason I am avoiding it.

Disclaimer: Yes, I realize the counter argument FOR Michigan is really easy to make.. but this is far from an easy $ game.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan -4.

Dont be fooled by the line.

Take Indiana +28 if you want to make real $$

j_to_the
    j_to_the's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by j_to_the View Post
    Huge Iowa fan here, so I'll give ya an argument against taking Michigan to cover, with obvious bias.

Iowa is at home after a collassal disappointment at Minnesota. No matter their opponent, no matter how unorthodox their opponent, Iowa's game plan is always very good. Their coaching staff is phenomenal at the X's and O's, and their philosophy (which is maddening as a fan) is to do just enough to keep the game close - regardless of opponent. Iowa has the capability on offense to adjust - if they are struggling to run or are behind, they can go 5 wide b/c they have the personnel. Look for Iowa to do some unorthodox (for Iowa) things this weekend after the coaching staff got HAMMERED after last week's debacle. This will be a close game, and the reason I am avoiding it.

Disclaimer: Yes, I realize the counter argument FOR Michigan is really easy to make.. but this is far from an easy $ game.

tried to help.

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Denard Robinson is only good against them MAC and other terrible non-conference games Michigan gets to play at home each yea. This is just like last season when then Big Ten gets here Denard can't hang. His passing game is as inconsistent as any starting QB at Michigan that I've ever seen but many try to overlook this because of his quickness running the ball. He really should transition out of QB and into a utility player receiving, kickoff returning, and rushing if he has any hope of making a real NFL career.