Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Why do so many people seem not to understand betting cycles?

To be honest no one should care about how a complete stranger manages his money, but since there are six threads about me going on right now, I'll just say this:

On Oct 27, I posted a "lock" play on the Miami Hurricanes that caught alot of people's attention I guess.

At that time, my football record was 26-15 ... not phenomenal, but acceptable. It had been 23-11 as recently as Oct 21.

The Miami play lost, and since then I've gone 2-8 in the last six days (went 1-5 on Saturday). And now I have people saying that I should hang myself from a tree, PM's telling me that I need to send people money because they tailed me, etc..

Now, I know this going to come as a shock to some people, but sometimes you don't hit 70%. A bad week happens, sometimes two bad weeks happen in a row. Sometimes --GHASTLY-- three weeks in a row.

My current record is 28-23 and I'm up $300. This may be a "grind" season until NCAA hoops. Oh well! I don't let a bad week cause me to go slice my wrist , or go ALL-IN, or submit to idiots who think I need to leave the forum. I post here and do something that only a few people do: HONESTLY track my record daily, show people how I am thinking, manage my money for all to see, and hopefully provide some info that people haven't considered. THIS IS WHAT GAMBLING LOOKS LIKE. Sometimes it's ugly, it's not all roses and 10-game win streaks (although I've had several of those)

Last I checked, football season lasts for 22 weeks when you include the NFL playoffs. I am going to continue using the same strategies that have allowed me to have success for several season in a row, come what may.

In the very first post I made in my Heaven's Gate thread, I said that bad streaks will come and go, but sound bankroll management will carry you to the next win streak. I firmly believe in that, and it is why I continue doing what I do and I have weathered this storm still being up on the season.

For those of you who have "counted me out" and want to start piling on, or even fading me...go right ahead. But there's alot of games left, and I'm not a corpse yet. Until you see my bankroll at $0, you best not fight a machine.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

fuckem machine---anyone that needs help and blames others for picks shouldnt be betting money anyway

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

don't sweat em..

EVERYBODY that has a reputation has haters,
    it's just human nature.. keep it up, these heartbreakers will eventually end

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine, you really need to get some thicker skin bro. I, for one, and I'm sure many others, appreciate your postings, regardless if they are winners or losers. People have the freedom to tail or fade, and the ones that blindly tail are losers anyways.

I urge you to continue posting your picks and your reasoning behind them.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Variance or the lack of understanding of and the your only as good as your last bet attitude. Some just like to hate so you can't really do anything about that. No one likes opinions they like to be told or to tell there's zero discussion, which is unfortunate because it defeats the purpose of being here.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

in case you haven't noticed, you are dealing with a lot of losers with no money management skills...thus the people crying about going all in and losing on a weeknight game...lol. there are also certain posters here who are desperate for attention from all the guys here...and they want to point it out any time you lose a bet. always posting about fading the public, or fading line movement, or fading certain posters here...and it is usually clear from their posts they faded a lot of their classes in school as well...lol. just quit sweating it man. most people can't stand these guys and consider them complete idiots. they continue to post their nonsense here, so why should you stop? you just have to laugh it off man, knowing that a good system and good money management will always make you a winner in the long run.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

I've tailed. Went big and lost we all have. But like I said don't blame the advisor, because ultimate it is you who places the bet. If u don't like it don't play it

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

Keep up the good work and ignor the ignorance and that win streak will come soon enough and this will all be behind everyone!

rb3b3
    rb3b3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

hey machine, hope all is well bro... i have tailed you for a long time now, and i was just wondering what your best sport to cap is? also fk that haters i wouldnt even respond to them at all. p.s. i have a lock for you pm me for details... also was wondering if you have any plays for tonight?

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

if you're mad because you lost a lot of money tailing someone on this site, you shouldn't be sports betting.

pad
    pad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

they can go fck themselves. do your thing.

supergo523
    supergo523's Avatar Become A Pro!

NICELY SAID, MACHINE

every sports bettors go through ups and downs. if you need to send ppl money because your plays lost, they should've sent you money for your winning plays to begin with. you are generous enough to share your strategy and plays. people make their choice to follow or fade. the thing is that if people just followed from day 1, they would've been still up. i just don't understand what people are complaining about. if you think MACHINE is losing his touch, go fade his plays. who cares? just don't cry and say you go 0-10 fading him from now on....

WVUsuperfan
    WVUsuperfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1091

well said machine.. and that beind said.. whats on tap for tonight?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand betting cycles Machine,although I think the slump you are in now is unnecessary because you are forcing plays and clearly 2nd guessing yourself,the proof is in your thread titles alone,

I know you are a solid capper and I respect your abilities.

I am just trying to help you focus on what I think is the real problem here.

Tips you can use.

1.Go back to where you started this downfall and study your posts thoroughly..
    2. Ignore the posts of others who are nonconstructive...
    3.Go back to where you were confidently winning and study your posts thoroughly..
    4.Take it all in and you will see clearly what you need to do to get back to positive form.........

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine I have been on this site all year, I do not post on others threads that often and have my own thread. You do solid work bro, we all hit streaks that are cold or some cycles that are up and down. The key to it is managing your eagerness to CHASE and managing your money. You have done that. Now, when you get hot again pound the hell out of it. Seems like I can hardly miss since around last week at this time, but I know that at some point that comes to an end and the virgerous grind begins again. Good luck bro, don't worry about the few clowns that don't realize YOU DID NOT SUBMIT THEIR BETS.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

get a life buddy

serious, why waste time on here justifing whatever it is. who cares about your record. You have to be perfect to gain respect on here but why even try so hard? really? do you really want to care about what most of these crack head white trash kids have to say?

if you spend that much time on here and give a shit what anyone thinks of your plays then stop posting them and do your own thing.

i come on here solely for one thing and it is to gain any kind of valueable input on certain games i decide to play. there is not much to be honest but here and there i find some posts worth reading.

lately its been this non stop bs. and good luck tring to keep a good record betting on weekday mac football games.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Betting cycles = varience

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    get a life buddy

serious, why waste time on here justifing whatever it is. who cares about your record. You have to be perfect to gain respect on here but why even try so hard? really? do you really want to care about what most of these crack head white trash kids have to say?

if you spend that much time on here and give a shit what anyone thinks of your plays then stop posting them and do your own thing.

i come on here solely for one thing and it is to gain any kind of valueable input on certain games i decide to play. there is not much to be honest but here and there i find some posts worth reading.

lately its been this non stop bs. and good luck tring to keep a good record betting on weekday mac football games.
    Exactly!

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

and ive lost along wth you.. but im up tailing you why ?????? you win more than you lose.... bol always

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do appreciate that you make your own selections and put thought into the work, however this thread is a perfect example of why you're hard to take seriously... Go about your business and stop talking about yourself so much and maybe you'll get less negative attention?

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion I generally see two mentalities and MOST will fall under one or the other.

Rational and Irrational

Rational people look for ways to educate themselves and figure out their issues and improve when this variance occurs.
    Irrational people look for someone to blame for their problems i.e..."Losses"

Since these people are usually a follower of a more rational person these two are generally correlated. I've seen it over in over here and these too are cyclical.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Machine I think you use alot of credible logic in calculating your picks and I generally like to read your write-ups and have tailed you many times in the past.

However, I do agree where PaulyPoker said you seem to be forcing your plays. You don't need to make a pick on every game, especially with all these coin flip, garbage week night NCAA Football games. I think you are best without the pressure of feeling like you have to produce a pick all the time, just pick the games you feel most comfortable and confident in, whether it just be one play all week, or just a few. Quality over quantity, sir!

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Suicide: I'm afraid the attention is going to be there no matter what I do.

I personally don't care, but it's bad for the forum. I don't like seeing six threads with my name in the title. That does nothing for SBR.

Which is why win, lose or draw tonite, I'm leaving the forum for awhile until things settle down. It's for the good of this place that I stop posting. Not trying to be a drama queen, just trying to be honest.
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 11-03-11 at 06:37 PM.

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Suicide: I'm afarid the attention is going to be there no matter what I do. I personally don't care, but it's bad for the forum. I don't like seeing six threads with my name in the title. That does nothing for SBR. Which is why win, lose or draw tonite, I'm leaving the forum. It's for the good of this place that I stop posting. Not trying to be a drama queen, just trying to be honest.
    Good luck the rest of the way..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Once again the haters win

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13533

Hey machine

I like many others enjoy your input. Unlike many I make my own decisions and live with them. I'm relatively new to the forum and caught you at the end of your winning streak. I read your input on the current streak and i think I tailed you once and in betpoints at that.

With all that being said I enjoy intelligent insight from the rational posters, filter it through what's left of my brain and make my play or not.

Feel free to PM me your insight and I guarrantee I won't ever cry if we lose.

I do repectfully agree with the couple posters regarding forcing plays. Human nature especially when times are tough. Been doing it for 40+ years and I still have to resist the urge. Discipline and Money management are the only means to longevity gambling unless you're born rich of course.

BOL

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

keep doing what your doing..

-playr101