Ok, here are a few thoughts for the week 10 of college football.

As a big Alabama fan, I am so excited about the upcoming weekend. I honestly feel bad for some of you guys that have never had a chance to feel the atmosphere of what it will be like in Tuscaloosa this weekend. There are only a one or two games of this magnitude (atmosphere wise) each year, and luckily I have an opportunity to be there for this one. I have several friends who are big LSU fans, and honestly, we have not spoken the past week or so. I'm sure we will get together and have a beer soon though. (Maybe) My prediction on the game, not that it will matter is Bama -4.5. Took it early in the week. Hey, I'm 6-0 this year with the Tide, I will continue to ride them.

Looking over the rankings of college football, I have noticed a few things. It is really hard to imagine that there has ever been a worse #7 ranked football team than we have right now in Arkansas. That being said, I really believe that they come out RED HOT against South Carolina this week and win by double digits. Coming off of two very rough road games at Ole Miss and Vandy should provide the Hogs with a bit of a spark at home. So my big play is Arkansas -4.5.

Another game that I have been looking over is the Houston / UAB game. Being from Birmingham, I actually have the displeasure of reading on a daily basis of how bad this Blazer team is. I watched the Houston / SMU game last week, and yes, I saw how great Houston looked on a wet field at home against SMU. If the Cougars show up with any enthusiasm, they will score 60 on UAB. Will they show up is the question? Legion Field will be rocking with about 500 fans (probably all parents and girlfriends) in attendance for the game, and half of them will have headsets on listening to the Bama/LSU game. Houston will feel as if they are at practice and probably will sleep walk through the first half, so I will be watching the first half numbers for UAB, but Houston will blow the doors off in the second half. Either way, I am all over Houston and the -27.5 for the game, and probably will make a first half bet on UAB (guessing around +16). Houston -27.5

Ok, yes, I am going to go away from my natural tendency which is to take an easy -20.5 with Stanford at Oregon St. Someone posted some astounding numbers on overtime wins then going on the road as a dd favorite, and those did not look good for Stanford. I really think this team has probably snoozed through this week with the Oregon game ahead. Corvallis is not a fun place to play and the Beavers will play Stanford tough, ok, tough enough to stay within 17 points and pop Stanford's spread cherry for the season. I will not bet on this game till close to gametime as it is probably going to go up, hopefully to around +23. Oregon St. +21ish

Last game that I am going to discuss, for now, is Iowa State and Kansas. This is a game that has OVER written all over it. The two teams combined have given up an average of 81 points per game. I know that is not a perfect statistic to look at, but when the over is at 61, well, I have to take this over. Honestly, I see Iowa State doing a big number on Kansas as I am not sure Kansas could stop my son's 115 lb team. We've got some speed on that team.
Kansas/Iowa State Over 61

A few others that I am looking at for this week:
Northwestern/Nebraska Over 64 (this may go over 80)
Vanderbilt +14.5 (if it goes there)
Virginia -2 (wish I would have gotten on that one early, but really not sure how big of a deal +1 to -2 is in the big scheme of things)

Any comments will be appreciated!