DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Why LSU is OVERRATED

Phil Steel publisher of one of (if not the) top pre-season College Football Preview Magazine

In an interview he explains how he believes LSU may not be as good as everybody says they are.

Here is a Link to the Interview
    http://sportstalkwithbo.com/site/index.php

(Phil Steele Talks College Football)

It's funny because he says EVERYTHING that I have been saying all year
    Including his thoughts about South Carolina vs Arkansas

let's see what you guys think
    Last edited by DerekMadden; 11-02-11 at 03:30 PM.

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Phil steele is on drugs! Lsu subs would beat bama! That qb wont know which way to run and richardson may not see the fourth quarter. Lsu by 4!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Over rated? Really? Come on. Has he watched any games this year?

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    Phil steele is on drugs! Lsu subs would beat bama! That qb wont know which way to run and richardson may not see the fourth quarter. Lsu by 4!

LSU's subs would beat Bama, but their starters will only win by 4? How much would their subs win by?

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

before you talk smack on LSU being overrated.. what about arkansas #7? are you kidding me?

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by kwangusbeef View Post
    before you talk smack on LSU being overrated.. what about arkansas #7? are you kidding me?
    I wasn't talking smack, I was giving a link to somebody who was..

And watch your mouth saying Arkansas is overrated, if anything they are UNDERACHIEVING

your cocks will learn that in a few days

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anybody is overrated its bama

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I appreciate the link, DM. Just listening now. Posting it was inevitably going to lead to abuse from LSU homers but we'll see how LSU fares this week. The Tide will silence the haters on Saturday.

And anyone that thinks Phil Steele doesn't know anything doesn't know Phil Steele...
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-02-11 at 04:29 PM.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I appreciate the link, DM. Just listening now. Posting it was inevitably going to lead to abuse from LSU homers but we'll see how LSU fares this week. The Tide will silence the haters on Saturday.

And anyone that thinks Phil Steele doesn't know anything doesn't know Phil Steele...
    agreed

The Sensei
    The Sensei's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

LSU wins saturday by 10

DerekMadden

I hope that is a joke... ^

if LSU wins.. it's not by any more than 4

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Phil is the man, but LSU overrated? that is a bold statement

DanoRoo
    DanoRoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't say LSU is overrated, but I will say that only 2 of their performances this season (Florida & Auburn) were good enough to keep them within the spread against Alabama. LSU played almost perfect games those 2 weeks. I don't think Alabama has played to their capabilities yet. If Alabama doesn't turn the ball over, and plays 4 quarters the way they have been playing for 3 quarters each game thus far, I don't think LSU can cover the current line.

Drew0585

LSU is a very good team, but Alabama wins Saturday 24-17.

Drew0585

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    I wasn't talking smack, I was giving a link to somebody who was..

And watch your mouth saying Arkansas is overrated, if anything they are UNDERACHIEVING

your cocks will learn that in a few days

Arkansas has "underachieved" in about 5 of their 8 games this year. Maybe they're a little overrated.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

thanks derek, great link . gl man

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DanoRoo View Post
    I wouldn't say LSU is overrated, but I will say that only 2 of their performances this season (Florida & Auburn) were good enough to keep them within the spread against Alabama. LSU played almost perfect games those 2 weeks. I don't think Alabama has played to their capabilities yet. If Alabama doesn't turn the ball over, and plays 4 quarters the way they have been playing for 3 quarters each game thus far, I don't think LSU can cover the current line.
    I dunno man.. Those two wins came against some pretty weak opponent's third string QBs

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

All year long I have been saying to myself that this LSU team isn't any good...any week in and week out they prove me wrong. I would have bet almost my entire bankroll that Oregon would have smashed LSU in the opener, that Auburn getting 21+ points would have been more than enough to keep the game close. People say that LSU's offense is weak but they are putting up close to 40 pts a game...they have rolled through 5 ranked opponents and have played a tough schedule, a lot tougher than Bama's. Their defense consistantly causes turnover after turnover, their QB rarely makes any mistakes and their run game is second to none. How anyyone can say that LSU is over-rated clearly hasn't been watching them this year. I'm no Les Miles fan, and really don't care much for LSU but theres no denying that they are as close to a complete team as it gets. Every time I go against this LSU team they continue to win/cover and make every opponent look like a division 1 team. This game will come down to the play of the QB's. I expect Jarrett Lee to manage the game like he has all season and will take his consistant play over a green AJ McCarron. The LSU defense should stagger McCarron enough to make the difference. LSU wins in Tuscaloosa 27-24

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

26-10, Roooooooooolllll Tiiiiiiiiide!

Bennett
    Bennett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil knows his stuff; but what's funny are statements like, "I don't think that LSU can run between the tackles." I know Bama's defense is the best they will face; but they have run; you can't act like they haven't done it..

And, "Alabama can run between the tackles".. They absolutely can... vs Kent St, Tenn, Ole Miss, North TX..
    I know they can run; but don't spout off; one can't when they have; and one can; when it's been against terrible Defenses. You also can't act like Trent rushing under 50 yards vs Kent St and 77 vs Tenn didn't happen; it did.

"Best defense LSU will face"... Ya think? But, funny he never mentions, "Best defense Alabama will face this year." Guess that slipped his analysis.

And the analysis of Lee. Dude, his worst year was when he was a Freshman starting in the SEC; how many have fared really well? I know he's not great, but the hard facts are, he's played well THIS YEAR. He's played in big game, this is his 4th Bama game, and he's played in bowl games and won.. Could be play bad? Sure; anyone can. But I wouldn't say LSU is over rated because he COULD play like he did as a Freshman. Lee/Jefferson have been in games like this; McCarron hasn't.. I guess his 8 starts give them the edge at QB..

I agree about Ark; for some reason, LSU struggles with them no matter what. But, Ark get's to play them; so that will be settled too. LSU always plays Bama well. And at night; LSU is almost unbeatable. It's weird, but it's also a fact.

Of the common teams they've faced; Florida/Tenn games - LSU gave up 9 points and scored 39.5 as averages.. Bama gave up 8 points and scored 37.5 points as averages.. So Bama is clearly better?

Fact is, nobody knows how it will turn out; including 'experts'. All of us can produce stats and trends; fact is, nobody knows. The great thing is; we don't have to guess, they are playing, so we'll know late Sat night.

Just saying, take some of these breakdowns and analysis opinions with a grain of salt..
    Last edited by Bennett; 11-04-11 at 08:22 AM.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

This is so funny

I guess LSU will have to earn there respect against a team that only played Kent St, North Texas, Vandy and OVERRATED Arkansas team who struggled greatly against Ole Miss and Vandy!

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Overrated and underrated shouldn't be used a handicapping words in my opinion. Break things down, and get that feeling emotional sense out of the way. "Ahhh, their overrated, bunch of losers--bad mentality way of thinking."

DerekMadden

ZBOIZ, since you are obviously an LSU homer I will wait to settle this argument

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

LSU is overrated like the Packers.

Fittingly they will both lose this weekend.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

Im bias to LSU so I wont post any opinions here...nevermind...LSU23 Alabama 17

oh and DrekMadden....LSU 35 Arkansas 6 hehehehehehehehe

Sabear
    Sabear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Phil Steel publisher of one of (if not the) top pre-season College Football Preview Magazine

In an interview he explains how he believes LSU may not be as good as everybody says they are.

Here is a Link to the Interview
    http://sportstalkwithbo.com/site/index.php

(Phil Steele Talks College Football)

It's funny because he says EVERYTHING that I have been saying all year
    Including his thoughts about South Carolina vs Arkansas

let's see what you guys think

Thanks for sharing.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

LSU overrated Phil Steele is a buckin moron

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    This is so funny

I guess LSU will have to earn there respect against a team that only played Kent St, North Texas, Vandy and OVERRATED Arkansas team who struggled greatly against Ole Miss and Vandy!

And didn't LSU have problems against Miss St. and West Virginia? Who has LSU beaten? Little small Oregon is trash! You post on here like LSU is this bomb squad but the truth is the only player on LSU with superstar next level talent is Claiborne.

Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    And didn't LSU have problems against Miss St. and West Virginia? Who has LSU beaten? Little small Oregon is trash! You post on here like LSU is this bomb squad but the truth is the only player on LSU with superstar next level talent is Claiborne.
    Love logic like this... "Have problems" vs WV.. top 10 passer in college; was WV's "game of the century", and they beat them by 26.. 26 points on their home field... They did struggle to score TD's vs MSU. Nobody said either LSU or Bama has played perfect.

Love also how all of a sudden; neither team has played anybody.. Alot of top schools would struggle with either of these schedules; it's already been proven as several top 10 teams have already choked..

Granted Oregon isn't a powerhouse; but, held them 20.5 points under their average. And saying that LSU has one NFL talented player is just a stupid comment, proving you know nothing about talent. They only have 43 players in the NFL now..

Fact is; neither LSU nor Bama has struggled, been behind, faced adversity, or even been challenged this year... in any of their games.
    Last edited by Bennett; 11-04-11 at 11:14 AM.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

Love logic like this... "Have problems" vs WV.. top 10 passer in college; was WV's "game of the century", and they beat them by 26.. 26 points on their home field... They did struggle to score TD's vs MSU.

Granted Oregon isn't a powerhouse; but, held them 20.5 points under their average. And saying that LSU has one NFL talented player is just a stupid comment, proving you know nothing about talent. They only have 43 players in the NFL now..

Fact is; neither LSU nor Bama has struggled, been behind, faced adversity, or even been challenged this year... in any of their games.
    I'd be careful with that statement..

Arkansas matched up really well with them in the first half before Bama finally started to show the talent gap..
    (i.e. goaline stand by arkansas after a kick return to the 1)

Bennett

I'd be careful with that statement..

Arkansas matched up really well with them in the first half before Bama finally started to show the talent gap..
    (i.e. goaline stand by arkansas after a kick return to the 1)
    There is a difference in starting slow; and in danger of losing a game. I watched the game; Bama was never in danger of losing. Matching up doesn't equate to losing by 24 points.

Bennett

Just a note; I'm not a fan either way. I was posting information because; I think taking LSU and the 4.5, is the best bet. This is a betting forum; not a "who I love" or "who I want to bash" forum..

It was my stupid fault; I just realized I didn't post the most important part... I think this is a pretty good team, with a hell of a night road record, in a Rivalry game; to give up 4.5 points. I think LSU plus 4.5 is a solid bet.. if you have to bet it.

I apologize for not posting that earlier; it's all about the bet..

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think Bama wins a close game...

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

LSU is overrated in the sense of how high the public is on them. Obviously they are still a NC contender, but people are all over them and they are simply not THAT good. Alabama could beat teams in the past 10 years who have won national championships. LSU would lose most of them.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

5 points is a lot to give in a game like this... logic says take the points. no doubt they are the top 2 teams in the country. we'll see who takes the title as the team to beat.

12 Last