GameSaver33
    GameSaver33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ohio - Temple ???

Well for my first post as a newbie here @ SBR I thought I would start with a ? regarding tonights match up/ Why not the ML on Ohio @+150 ??? Sounds like a good ROI opportunity to me but what the heck do I know I figure that someone out there may be able to help shed some light on this subject before I lose my mind and make a bet like that to go along with taking Ohio +3 1/2 and over parlay.

ikamoku
    ikamoku's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Go under

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I put in a teaser...Ohio +10.5 and U53.5

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I like the teaser myself,but I play a lot of teasers.GL

GameSaver33

Well made 2 small plays for tonight, Ohio ML + 150 for 3 units and Ohio +3.5 and under parlay for 1 unit. BOL to all I really enjoy all the info in this forum and look forward to becoming an active participant here.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

welcome to the forum GameSaver

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I put in a teaser...Ohio +10.5 and U53.5
    Same here... I have Ohio +13.5 in a teaser - I feel good about it since they usually play Temple well and are at home

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i am very tempted to take temple for alliteration purposes only
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave thebestthereis 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KOB
    KOB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio

GameSaver33

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    welcome to the forum GameSaver

Thanks

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    i am very tempted to take temple for alliteration purposes only

who wouldn't win with.. alliteration
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave DerekMadden 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GameSaver33

Still haven't heard any opinions on the ML. My gambling background is in poker , which I really don't consider gambling, so I am just getting into the sports end of this. I am not a mathematician and statistician, not even a huge sports fan til I found online sports books and now am just trying to get my feet wet. There for some of my questions and opinions may seem simple or ass a nine but I will probably ask them anyway and make my own fool hearted wager and try to build my bankroll that is set aside for this endeavor. BTW so far having a ton of fun and even up a little. So how bout this ML play???

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Temple D is solid. If you're playing ML take them. I know this doesn't mean success but Temple beat Ball St 42-0 @ Ball St, and Ball St beat Ohio IN Ohio, where the game is being played tonight.

Ohio hasn't beat a team with a defense ranked in the top 58, and they've only beat 1 in the top 77.

Temple = 10th ranked D.

This is me basing everything on ESPN stats and schedules, I haven't watched either team.. so Ohio will probably win. but I'm taking Temple -3.5

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GameSaver33 View Post
    Still haven't heard any opinions on the ML. My gambling background is in poker , which I really don't consider gambling, so I am just getting into the sports end of this. I am not a mathematician and statistician, not even a huge sports fan til I found online sports books and now am just trying to get my feet wet. There for some of my questions and opinions may seem simple or ass a nine but I will probably ask them anyway and make my own fool hearted wager and try to build my bankroll that is set aside for this endeavor. BTW so far having a ton of fun and even up a little. So how bout this ML play???
    - Temple D is unquestionably better than Ohio.
    - Temple's offensive strength is in their running game.
    - Ohio has seemingly solid run defense numbers, but look at who they've shut down. Ohio's average opponent this season runs for half as many yards per game as Temple is averaging, making Temple a substantially larger challenge than anything Ohio has faced.

I don't like Ohio at all in this game.

GameSaver33

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    - Temple D is unquestionably better than Ohio.
    - Temple's offensive strength is in their running game.
    - Ohio has seemingly solid run defense numbers, but look at who they've shut down. Ohio's average opponent this season runs for half as many yards per game as Temple is averaging, making Temple a substantially larger challenge than anything Ohio has faced.

I don't like Ohio at all in this game.
    On paper this does seem like an absurd play more than likely,but it is one I have already made, I seen the figures and then went into the past record and looked like one of those deals where history was pretty strong battling the facts and figures and with the hamstring giving Temple RB problems I thought that may come into play plus the fact that it is televised and figured that tonights black out crowd may raise a little havoc for the Owls.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Did anyone see the last user comment in this article?

http://www.the700level.com/11/01/11/...56&feedID=8510

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

On paper this does seem like an absurd play more than likely,but it is one I have already made, I seen the figures and then went into the past record and looked like one of those deals where history was pretty strong battling the facts and figures and with the hamstring giving Temple RB problems I thought that may come into play plus the fact that it is televised and figured that tonights black out crowd may raise a little havoc for the Owls.
    By that same token, the Carolina Panthers GM is going to be in the stands tonight specifically to watch Pierce play. I would be shocked if he underperforms tonight.

clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bobcats 28-17 tonight. lock it in. OU +3.5

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    Bobcats 28-17 tonight. lock it in. OU +3.5
    oh goodness, post number 2 and already betting on emotion..

it's a shame.. he'll never make it

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Ohio can't be stopped with these new black matte helmets, they are bad ass !

GameSaver33

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    Did anyone see the last user comment in this article?

http://www.the700level.com/11/01/11/...56&feedID=8510
    Some of my info came from this article, seemed like some legit points to me. @ SuicideKings I believe there are going to be a number of scouts there to see this kid, he definitely has a ton of talent the only question is his durability which is very suspect to this point in his career. Thanks for all the discussion you are all putting into this addiction filler. My poker buddy and friend who is an absolute sports freak has found my new found hobby rather amusing and was sure that me betting the Toledo - NIU game last night that I would be a hopeless addict by Thanksgiving; I don't figure it will take that long...BOL everyone

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    By that same token, the Carolina Panthers GM is going to be in the stands tonight specifically to watch Pierce play. I would be shocked if he underperforms tonight.
    You think that Ohio doesn't know there are going to be scouts in the stands.... Pierce and his suspect hamstring won't be the only one trying not to underperform...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GameSaver33

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I post back rare but both team's have good D but when it come's down to it ohio u has a better O and there at home getting point's give me the dog in this spot and go to the bank

GameSaver33

Well all the opinions in and the money is down GL 2 ALL ... Wonder how this wager will fare in 3 hours Be a Hero or Zero but Have an Opinion.

GameSaver33

BUMP ... Luvin this so far ....

GameSaver33

Came out of that better than I should have I guess..Should have stuck with initial gut and cleaned up but I will take 1-1 on tonight and gain a 1/2 Unit...
    Thanks for the intrest on thread today ... Lets see what tomorrow brings...Hmmm

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

yea i should stop betting NCAAF. or keep doing it and let everyone fade me

GameSaver33

Came out of that better than I should have I guess..Should have stuck with initial gut and cleaned up but I will take 1-1 on tonight and gain a 1/2 Unit...
    Thanks for the intrest on thread today ... Lets see what tomorrow brings...Hmmm
    Damn it love it when you make an error in your favor. Actually wound up 3 1/2 units up on a 1-1 performance. Sweet blissful ignorance, I do like the way the odds payoff. I can see where money management is one of the keys to being successful at this sports betting. Oh well just rambling to myself and recording this stuff for future reference.
    Hope to be able to look back in a year and say job well done and laugh at my mistakes and profit from the experience.