SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

NCAA big week. My take.

Why is CF favored over Tulsa anyway? Tulsa is going to stomp a hole in them bigger than Lake Okeechobee.

East Carolina getting only 9 against Southern Miss? Did the oddsmakers forget the 1 in front of the 9?

Kentucky a home dog to the awful Ole Miss Rebels? Kentucky wins easily.

Oklahoma -13.5? Watch for the SBR special

If you were to play against both Stanford and USC I think the worse you could do is lose a little juice. Both are laying 3plus TDs after that emotionally draining game. Thats the 2nd in a row for USC. It wouldnt shock me to see Colorado rise from the dead and win the game outright against a team that never even noticed them on the schedule. And Standford faces an Oregon State team that plays hard and physical at home. If they are looking for a bye they could well get a goodbye.

What else? Tech /texas will be close, Tenn and SMU are both great unders. Mich is gonna have fun running wild on Iowa's defense(less). Lsu and Alabama will be a great game, the total is too low. Good defenses yes, but the loser has at least 17 and more likely 20. I look for Bama to put them away in the 4th which seems to be their specialty but wont be betting it.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Thanks for the winners pal.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

When a home team's favored by 1 or 1.5 -- i.e., UCF -- you might as well just ignore it and take the visitors every time.

Home dogs of 6.5 or less and road dogs of 2.5 or less. Cash 'em all day long.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

The Ole Miss Ken should be low scoring no?

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    The Ole Miss Ken should be low scoring no?
    That total didnt show up on my radar. Miss cant pass the ball thats for sure.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Ole Miss wins by 10

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Oregon state is a good bet pal

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I like Tulsa a lot as well, gl.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    When a home team's favored by 1 or 1.5 -- i.e., UCF -- you might as well just ignore it and take the visitors every time.

i guess you are forgetting when the smu/tulsa line was dropping a couple of weeks ago....people were jumping on smu getting the points on the road....went down to 1/1.5 and tulsa drilled them

same thing the week before that with smu...dont know if i recall the line...but they got worked at so miss too...and everyone was loving smu after 5 straight wins with wins over tcu and ucf

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i guess you are forgetting when the smu/tulsa line was dropping a couple of weeks ago....people were jumping on smu getting the points on the road....went down to 1/1.5 and tulsa drilled them

same thing the week before that with smu...dont know if i recall the line...but they got worked at so miss too...and everyone was loving smu after 5 straight wins with wins over tcu and ucf
    Guys Tulsa is a bowl team. They have only played one bad game all year, can't recall against who. This CF team was a monster fav the first week or two but turned out to be a dud. They were out played by Ala Birm maybe the only team Ala Birm has out played in 1.5 seasons. They are very average. Of course its college ball so anything is possible but Tulsa is a good team and CF is not. I see Tulsa pulling away.

Btw, I really think Miss has packed it in. Their O and D lines are horrible. They do have a couple of playmakers but that qb cant get the ball to them. This is a perfect spot to take the home team. Kentucky equally blows but this is their bowl game and a game they know they can win in front of family and fans. I'll go with the motivated effort vs a team that has packed it in.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

nevermind, ill just keep losing them on parlays
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 11-02-11 at 02:03 PM.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I've already taken Tulsa large. And I dunno about that Stanford/Oregon State call. True, Stanford is coming off an emotionally draining gift of a win, but Oregon State is woeful...

Jimmy Beamish
    Jimmy Beamish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

What do you think of UTEP vs Rice..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

A&M is a lock to cover..............

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

Is this a good rule of thumb in NCAA only or good for nfl ect. too

Thanks

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Beamish View Post
    What do you think of UTEP vs Rice..
    Kind of like UTEP here but I havent really looked at the game. I can give you an interesting take though; Rice is one of the uppedy schools I never trust past the half way part of the season. Those student athletes are going to be hiring utep grads to design their landscapes and build their pools in a couple of years. They are not pumped to be playing UTEP. Even their fans will be in stands barely paying attention between talking about who the republican nominee will be. UTEP meanwhile has shown grit and that they can move the ball. For the first time since Moby Dick was a minnow they are playing a little defense too. Bout out of material but I'd take UTEP here.

Jimmy Beamish
    Jimmy Beamish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Kind of like UTEP here but I havent really looked at the game. I can give you an interesting take though; Rice is one of the uppedy schools I never trust past the half way part of the season. Those student athletes are going to be hiring utep grads to design their landscapes and build their pools in a couple of years. They are not pumped to be playing UTEP. Even their fans will be in stands barely paying attention between talking about who the republican nominee will be. UTEP meanwhile has shown grit and that they can move the ball. For the first time since Moby Dick was a minnow they are playing a little defense too. Bout out of material but I'd take UTEP here.
    Thank you already on them, good to see you lean UTEP

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Totally agree with you on Tulsa John.

ChipperDog
    ChipperDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love tulsa
    Their 3 losses are vs Oklahoma Oklahoma St and Boise St
    Three top 5 teams

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

lol kentucky will not win , i like s miss to win also

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

That total didnt show up on my radar. Miss cant pass the ball thats for sure.
    And Ken can't do either so worth apeak I think.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

All in on Oklahoma and LSU.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

I agree on So. Miss...ECU has really disappointed me so far

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

bama, utep, smu, navy =

SBR_John
    Wisky

I cant click my mouse on that LSU/Bama betting screen. Neither has been tested in the 4th so its a bit of a crap shoot who will execute the best down the stretch. Give Les Miles credit, hes been bashed but he is a complete coach. Great gameday coach(see fake fg to beat Florida last year). Still, Bama has the offense to come back or play keep away in the 4th qtr. The -4 seems pretty sharp to me.

ECU was actually outplayed last week against Tulane for most the game. The 37-13 score is very misleading. Their offense is seriously inept. They will need a back up punter in this one.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Going to follow you on the Michigan play

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

you try to hard, "cant wait till that day"

RudyRuetigger

i changed my mind...ill take central florida or iowa up to 10k points if anyone is interested

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

thanks fr ur anaysis

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I am a big SEC fan.....have watched every team multiple times this season, and I can tell you that Ole Miss, although not a good team, is actually a lot better than Kentucky IMO.....Ole Miss is a much more athletic team overall and actually have a lot of SEC caliber guys. Kentucky is more of a mid-major team this season

It's gotta be Ole Miss or no play IMO...... Kentucky is terrrrrible

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I am a big SEC fan.....have watched every team multiple times this season, and I can tell you that Ole Miss, although not a good team, is actually a lot better than Kentucky IMO.....Ole Miss is a much more athletic team overall and actually have a lot of SEC caliber guys. Kentucky is more of a mid-major team this season

It's gotta be Ole Miss or no play IMO...... Kentucky is terrrrrible
    I actually agree with you for once haha

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    I actually agree with you for once haha
    lmao.....I actually know my shit with the SEC.....I know Arkansas is a good team but I'm a South Carolina alum so I'm just as biased as you are with your Hogs. The truth is that it should be a good game no matter how much shit we talk

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i changed my mind...ill take central florida or iowa up to 10k points if anyone is interested
    Be careful with UCF Rudy.

If they were +1 or +2 I'd be all over them. At -1.5, I don't like it at all.

Greek has them at -2, which is somewhat significant, but I still don't see this happening. Home faves of -2.5 or less down to PK are no good.

Feel the same way about Baylor.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    lmao.....I actually know my shit with the SEC.....I know Arkansas is a good team but I'm a South Carolina alum so I'm just as biased as you are with your Hogs. The truth is that it should be a good game no matter how much shit we talk
    agreed, that's what makes sports so much fun right!?

RudyRuetigger

Be careful with UCF Rudy.

If they were +1 or +2 I'd be all over them. At -1.5, I don't like it at all.

Greek has them at -2, which is somewhat significant, but I still don't see this happening. Home faves of -2.5 or less down to PK are no good.

Feel the same way about Baylor.

good point..and i know john will fukkin bury me on it like he did with notre dame/usc

offer closed

12 Last