QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Temple -3.5 Tomorrow Lock PLay?

Since, I don't see alot of people debating this game. I really like Temple -3.5 half tomorrow. They played some good teams. Like Maryland who upsetted some teams. They do okay vs ranked Teams... What your thought?

HawkEye
    HawkEye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

I like it also.

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

That line of -3.5 is very peculiar. Ohio hasn't beaten a single team with a pulse and lost to two horrible teams (Buffalo and Ball State) while Temple shut out the both of them as Temple and Ohio traded dates with UB and BSU on successive weeks. I just don't get it.

Edit: And now I am seeing the fave is -05. ?!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

any injuries??

It seems like a trap

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Pierce has all of Temple's touchdowns and he has a tweaked hamstring. He played through it last week though and still rushed for over 100 yards.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Vegas is done trapping us for today... They gotta let us win one.... Toledo Trap, Kc Trap. Today Trap too? I think public fades tonite?

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Temple by double digits. Best of luck

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Pierce has all of Temple's touchdowns and he has a tweaked hamstring. He played through it last week though and still rushed for over 100 yards.
    I'm not sure what LT is saying, here.

Is he saying the top RB for TEM is going to be 75% and still rush for numerous TD's??

or is LT saying after suffering a hamstring injury how much could we expect of him?

that's the benefit of being LT. You don't have to make a pick. You don't even have to lean one way or the other. You just make a comment. Thanks, LT. I will tail..... as soon as I know what the f_uck your play is.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like a possible all in play

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marylands won 2 games? Logic doesnt work in the Mac. Take Ohio and enjoy a winner.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    I'm not sure what LT is saying, here.

Is he saying the top RB for TEM is going to be 75% and still rush for numerous TD's??

or is LT saying after suffering a hamstring injury how much could we expect of him?

that's the benefit of being LT. You don't have to make a pick. You don't even have to lean one way or the other. You just make a comment. Thanks, LT. I will tail..... as soon as I know what the f_uck your play is.
    I think he is saying, 'ya, there is an injury. Temple rb has a hamstring issue. But last game he rushed for over 100 so it shouldn't really matter now, since it didn't matter then. Temple -3.5.'

But ya, that first 'he has all the touchdowns' part makes it pretty effing confusing. ha.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LOL

"All their touchdowns" was called exagerrating for effect, he has 18 TDs in eight games (more than 2 per game). He was slowed last week and still gained over 100 yards, but he is not 100% and you never know how hamstrings are going to react. I am passing on the side here, will look closer at total, team totals and derivatives later.

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

The Cool Night Air in Athens tonight will not help that Hammy

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

I really feel Temple can pull this off my Double Digits. However, if it is a trap game, Were ******! lol i think imma lay 4Units on this.... Instead of 10X

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It all depends on early defensive schemes. If you look closely at all the teams Temple dominated... the opposing team scored very few points. The teams Temple loss to... they couldn't figure out how to stop the offense. Keep in mind... Ohio isn't that bad of a team. They are decent in scoring... and also have a decent defense. Again, it all depends on match ups. You could see an under in this game. I never wager totals... but... depends on how conservative both teams are... But both are highly defensive.

pad
    pad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I think its going to be close, we have two mac teams same record (5-3) both 3-1 respective home vs. road. If you can grab ohio and 4 get it.

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

line opened -5 down to -3.5 with 70% public on temple, ohio 3-0-1 last 4 ats vs temple. leaning ohio

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Ohio always plays Temple hard. Last year with Temple listed as a 10 pt favorite at home they lost to Ohio by 8 pts. The year before that Temple was favored by 2 and they lost that game by 17. It seems that everytime these 2 teams play Ohio has had Temple's number. This is a Wednesday night game, being played in the cold in Ohio...the line is begging for people to take Temple.

Temple's pass game is almost non-existant, they are predominately a rushing team gaining most of their yards on the ground and with their stud running back nursing a hamstring injury, they are going to have to hope for a big game from their 2nd string back in order to stay in this game. their defense has played well ( 2nd in FBS in points allowed ) which has helped to take the pressure off of their offense. Ohio is an extemely balanced team that both runs and passes the ball well. Ohio is also only allow about 115 rushing yards per game on defense. If Ohio can keep the Temple running game in check and force some 3rd down and longs, Temple could struggle to get points on the board.

Temple on paper seems like the better team, but Ohio has always matched up well with them. I wouldn't expect a shootout tonight, but with points probably coming at a premium, I would have to go with the team that will have an easier time throwing the ball in 3rd down situations. I'd take Ohio +3.5 ( buy up to 4 ) and the Under....

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

I am hoping this line is just playing tricks with me because if you take away the presumed three points for home field advantage, the line would be 6.5/7 on a neutral field and 9.5/10 in Philadelphia ... and those don't look so strange. I am picking the team that I believe is better.

Temple -3.5

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

more opinions please. lol. Thank you, for the analysis above from fellow posters.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy8199 View Post
    Ohio always plays Temple hard. Last year with Temple listed as a 10 pt favorite at home they lost to Ohio by 8 pts. The year before that Temple was favored by 2 and they lost that game by 17. It seems that everytime these 2 teams play Ohio has had Temple's number. This is a Wednesday night game, being played in the cold in Ohio...the line is begging for people to take Temple.

Temple's pass game is almost non-existant, they are predominately a rushing team gaining most of their yards on the ground and with their stud running back nursing a hamstring injury, they are going to have to hope for a big game from their 2nd string back in order to stay in this game. their defense has played well ( 2nd in FBS in points allowed ) which has helped to take the pressure off of their offense. Ohio is an extemely balanced team that both runs and passes the ball well. Ohio is also only allow about 115 rushing yards per game on defense. If Ohio can keep the Temple running game in check and force some 3rd down and longs, Temple could struggle to get points on the board.

Temple on paper seems like the better team, but Ohio has always matched up well with them. I wouldn't expect a shootout tonight, but with points probably coming at a premium, I would have to go with the team that will have an easier time throwing the ball in 3rd down situations. I'd take Ohio +3.5 ( buy up to 4 ) and the Under....
    this is spot on. great post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

This MAC game could be the polar opposite of last nights Mac game like Ohio and the Under.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

maybe it might be a 50-53 game for someone...kidding of course. today i'm taking a chance on the over, and i'm not watching
    the game, i'll be at work. i might catch the last couple minutes though

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

i am not putting my money on any team who this past week gave backup QBs nearly as much first team practice time as the starter. Temple realizes Pierce may not be able to carry them tonight and will have to throw the ball, and QB Stewart's throwing resembles one trying to dislodge dog poop from their hands. good luck with backup QBs thrown on the field down by 7-10 pts and crowd in a frenzy. Mickey Tettleton's son (remember Mickey?) is a smart QB, doesn't turn the ball over, has good options at skill positions. a good RB who is finally fully healthy and Brazill (sp?) is going to be playing on Sundays, he is explosive and goes up and attacks the ball. i'm buying up to 4.

Ultimate_Marvel
    I got this bag of cheese burgers man...
    Ultimate_Marvel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I'm with you on this one...that hamstring injury is gonna be a BIG issue for Temple...

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Decided after last nights game I am not betting on shitty mcshit teams. Have fun guys.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Last edited by BernardMadoff; 11-02-11 at 01:50 PM.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Already on Ohio +3.5

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I have played Temple already (even though they shafted me last week against BGSU), but I will never EVER use the word lock. The only lock to not lose money is to not play and you know that's not happening...