70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Core PARLAY - in before blowout line inflation

Returning to SBR after 6 yr. absence. 21st year betting cfb. Sarasota man. Pretty successful year after year, due to continuous participation, love of the game (college only), a comprehensive fundamental approach, and an excellent memory. Backing five teams in Week 10, and those teams in a parlay and 4-team round robin:

330 Miami -15- vs Duke
    336 Ohio St -27- vs Indiana
    378 Oklahoma St -21 vs Kansas St
    381 Houston -27- @UAB
    388 UTEP @ Rice over 56-

Duke's best edition in a long time, well-coached, good QB... never mind all that... Miami overwhelming in every facet: strength, agility, speeeed. Rewind to FSU/Duke. Miami depth advantage will begin exacting its toll early. 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 speed throughout 'Cane ranks, and South Fla heat, will deflate "cohesive" Devils early, easily.

Buckeyes rounding into fine form at last, to the sheer delight of their patient -- and LOUD -- faithful. And There Was Offense. Sure, Wisky may steamroll Boilers before their own sea of red, but Bucks have shed all doubt now and get a team much worse than Purdue. Perennial basement dwellers are also very very young and still far from adept at first yr coach's designs. Lambs to the slaughter, this one.

Damn it, gotta go for now. Afraid I'll lose all of this if I don't post it now. Back later...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Wheres ur old nick?

70CoupeDeVille

No idea. Startin' fresh.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good luck.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Like em. Thanks!

70CoupeDeVille

Thanks, but dammit! Just spent a good hour writing up the rest of the games and before "save" my damn xoom tablet's browser crashed -- all lost. Well, anyway, I've bet these tickets well. GL to all. (Great group here.)

Coupe

70CoupeDeVille

Just a couple notes, the essences of OSU, Houston, and the UTEP/Rice over...

Okl State -21: Can't be a more dispirited team in the entire world of sport right now than K-State. Much more bummed than Wisky. And Stanford. A bad beat's one thing. Much worse is the sudden recognition that you're nowhere near being the upper echelon team you hoped you might be, after a decade-long drought. Beiou're nowhere near being upper echelon. They couldn't pick a worse opponent for themselves this week than OSU. Sure, the best cure for those blues would be to go right back and beat a team as good and probably better than OU. But they must certainly know they can't, no way. And they couldn't pick a worse spot on OSU's calendar to take them on, OSU getting another week at home after dropping Baylor down another notch. The Cowboys are running like a machine. They'll be relaxed, prepared, and fired up to thrill the home crowd again before heading out to take care of shaky Texas Tech. No prob.

As are #13 Houston, who lead even OSU in passing and scoring, #1 in the nation in both categories. Keeping D's honest too with 160+/gm rushing. UAB's only Div 1-A win was the head-scratcher over UCF. Otherwise, smoked by 39 by seven-loss Tulane. Creamed last Saturday (38-0 at the half) by a Marshall team Houston toasted 63-28. Of course, at their position in the polls, Houston will need and want to impress, so there'll be no second half throttle down on a good but not yet covering with a cushion lead. Houston is on fire, hitting the road now after a three game home stand over which they posted 56, 63, and 73 (E. Carolina, Marshall, Rice).

Rice can't stop anyone. 116th in points allowed: 37.6 pts/gm. They can score, though. They put 24 on Southern Miss, 31 on Baylor, and 34 last week on our Houston team who allow an average of 24.8. As said above, Houston laid a mere 73 on 'em. Rice abandoned the triple option in 2006 and now run a pro set. UTEP is perfectly capable of lighting it up against flimsy opponents, and these two Texas teams always make the scoreboard operator earn her pay -- going back five years from most recent: 44-24 UTEP, 30-29 RICE, 49-44 RICE, 56-48 RICE, 37-31 RICE. All we need here is a 30-27 game.
    Last edited by 70CoupeDeVille; 11-02-11 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Wrappin'
    Points Awarded:

grizzlies1 gave 70CoupeDeVille 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

70CoupeDeVille

Wrappin' up the 'Cappin'

Double post.
    Last edited by 70CoupeDeVille; 11-02-11 at 07:05 AM.

Veets
    Veets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the insight. love the parlay

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

coup let's see a picture of your ride.
    I have 74 eldo pictured.
    Make it happen player.

70CoupeDeVille

can't call it... It finally requested euthanasia seven years ago after a quarter million miles. It was my favorite car ever, though, edging out an all black int/ext 72 Olds 98 coupe. The Caddy was a stunning metallic blue with darker blue vinyl roof. Bought it in '87 in Los Angeles and turned heads there, in New Orleans and here in Florida. Think about that car often, looking to maybe get another, a 70 coupe again. That's one fine sled you're driving. Eldo convertibles... ah, man...

Grizzlies... thanks much for the points, most kind of you.

70CoupeDeVille

can't call it... It finally requested euthanasia seven years ago after a quarter million miles. It was my favorite car ever, though, edging out an all black int/ext 72 Olds 98 coupe. The Caddy was a stunning metallic blue with darker blue vinyl roof. Bought it in '87 in Los Angeles and turned heads there, in New Orleans and here in Florida. Think about that car often, looking to maybe get another, a 70 coupe again. That's one fine sled you're driving. Eldo convertibles... ah, man...

Grizzlies... thanks much for the points, most kind of you.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quarter million miles that bad boy just has gotten broken in right!
    I was lucky to find mind just north of atlanta. Bought it from 2nd owner who had it in climate controlled garage for 10 years and put less than 2k miles on it. 58k original miles, runs like a dream. I now know what "cadillacing" means. This baby floats down the road, turns alot of heads. my first caddy and first convertible, I so badly want another. have the FEVER. I need more caddies!
    good luck to you coupe

grizzy
    grizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any plays for this week? I tailed Miami, Houston and the Rice over last week because of the write-ups you had for them.