TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Week 10 Offense and Defense Rankings/Matchups

Here is a list of the week 10 games, with offense/defense/SoS rankings and some of my own calculations to help me find potential value.

Hopefully some of you will find it usefull. If not, that's OK too

http://www.eatdrinksleepsports.net/N...omparison.html
    (If using IE8, turn on Compatibility view)

Here are a few games I like, based on the information in the chart.

Ball St. @ East. Michigan (-2.5)
    I see a mismatch between Eastern Michigan's 15th ranked rushing attack and Ball State’s 101st ranked Rush D. Given that EM has had a slightly tougher SoS, I’ll lay the points with Eastern Michigan.

Virginia (-1) @ Maryland
    Another mismatch in the running game. Virginia ranks 36th in Rushing Offense while Maryland is 118th in stopping the run. Strength of Schedule appears to be about equal in this matchup.

Minnesota @ Michigan St. (-27)
    Looking at the numbers here, I don’t see how Minnesota is going to score more than a field goal or two. Minnesota ranks 113th in the nation in total yards gained, while Michigan St. ranks 5th in yards allowed. To further enhance those numbers, Minnesota has had a relatively easy schedule, whereas State has had a fierce schedule. This one will be over by halftime, and Minnesota poses little risk for a backdoor cover.

Vanderbilt @ Florida (Under 45)
    This game puts two terrible offenses (106 and 94 in total yards) against two solid defenses (27 and 14). I like this to be a low scoring affair.

Army (+15) @ Air Force
    I don’t think we’ll see more than 10 passing attempts in this one... In this game, we have two rushing monsters (Army @ #1 and Air Force @ #3). Neither team defends the run very well, with army slightly ahead (79 vs 105). SoS slightly favors Air Force, but the numbers point to Army being able to win this one, so I’ll take the points.

Missouri @ Baylor (Over 73)
    There will be no defense in this one. Two very potent offenses (11 and 3) against two bad defenses 62 and 108). Mizzou will trample Baylor on the ground, while Baylor will fly high through the air. I haven’t a clue who will win, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the winner hits 50 and the loser hits 40.

Cheers
    Last edited by TheCommish; 11-01-11 at 06:35 PM. Reason: sp

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Good info - was already liking Mich St and UVA - now like them even more.

pad
    pad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Yes very good write up

TheCommish

Thanks. Happy to share.

TheCommish

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    Good info - was already liking Mich St and UVA - now like them even more.

Thanks. good luck this week.

I should probably have pasted two separate threads -- one to share the rankings info and one for my thoughts on the games, so the information stays separate from my opinions.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

useful info, tx for sharing

Liam
    Liam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice information and thanks for sharing such wonderful information which is really informative for me and as well as others and i really like this.

Liam
    Liam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Nice information and thanks for sharing such wonderful information which is really informative for me and as well as others and i really like this.
    If any one have information about this thread then please share with me.

Truck Games