stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Books depend on people who cannot watch a game without having action on it. If you guys fall into that catagory, you will never succeed in this business.
    The guys that need action on TV games are only nickle and dimers.
    The money they lose to the books is chump change.
    That chump change is obviously nice, but to say the books depend on that money is a stretch.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    If I looked at the box score on this one and didn't have the teams or a final score attached I still would've picked the wrong team to win, not cover. Toledo's defense definitely shit the bed in this one and I can't imagine it just being that NIU has such a stellar offense and they're so much better than Toledo's defense.

NIU hasn't really played anybody while Toledo has played the likes of Ohio State and Boise, so they've seen more elite athletes. Not that Ohio St is considered an offensive power this year, they still have superior athletes on both sides of the ball and TOL only lost by 5. They were in the Boise game until the 2H and then they looked like last night.

I think this is just the case of two familiar teams that know each other well and NIU seems to have Toledos number right now as they've now won 4 of the last 7 match-ups by an avg of 22 pts in those wins.

thing you don't understand is you have to track the n illinois numbers on o back thru last year to get an honest take on them. same qb behind the same o-line...and most all of the same playmakers. also 4 year starter at qb is pretty huge in ncaa football. all that being said...toledo was the better overall team, and i was sweating the entire game even with niu and the points. great game...tho i do prefer just a little d...lol.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Where was this before the game started....
    I actually posted in 2 other threads that I was on NIU and that the line looked suspect to my amateur capper ass.

First 12