Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

give me a reason not to take stanford-20.5

-oregon state is awful

-stanford has been a covering machine

-andrew luck

-with oklahomas loss, a perfect season and possible bcs national title berth is most likely in the stanford players mind's. they have motivation to run the table.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

i like stanford here....oregon st looked awful against a bad utah team....i would imagine that line moves to 21 before not to long

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the few games I feel confident in the team covering. Other ones lookin at right now are arkansas, lsu, and possibly oregon.

Stompin_Tom

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

They beat Oregon State 38-0 last year....Stanford is my big play of the week....again, like always!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Three reasons. #1, Stanford goes on the road after a very difficult game. They are bound to have a let down. Second, Stanford has a terrible time in Corvallis. They are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 visits to Oregon State. 3. This is the sandwich game for Stanford, between USC and Oregon. Stanford wins this game, but if they are not going to cover a game this season, this is the one.

Coach Jake
    Winning

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Three reasons. #1, Stanford goes on the road after a very difficult game. They are bound to have a let down. Second, Stanford has a terrible time in Corvallis. They are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 visits to Oregon State. 3. This is the sandwich game for Stanford, between USC and Oregon. Stanford wins this game, but if they are not going to cover a game this season, this is the one.
    If Stanford is not going to cover this season it will be against Oregon... did you bet Oregon State +22? Oregon State gives up 150 rushing a game, so Stanford will run for 4+ YPC like last year, and then hold Oregon State under 3 YPC and maybe force a few fumbles like last year. Then they will force Katz to throw 50% with 3 interceptions....like last year. On top of all of that, David Shaw loves to run up the score. They open up the Andrew Luck show in the second half no matter what. Oregon State was out-played and out-coached last year, and Stanford's bringing back the same coaches and players. There's no reason to think Stanford won't put an extra stomp on em, but if there was no chance of losing, then winning big on Luck wouldn't be as much fun!

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

I agree with BD... That's was a heartbreaker for us Saturday night... Still trying to get over it

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

both stanford and usc are not favorites to cover in my book. this week sets up to be a huge letdown week for both of them

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Only the blind would wager on Stanford this week. Anyone stupid enough to think that they would risk an injury a week before their biggest game of the year, to pad a score should have their posting rights revoked. If you think that Stanford would risk a critical injury just to put an "extra stomp" on Oregon State, you are certifiable.

Coach Jake
    Winning

Quote Originally Posted by kalamity85 View Post
    both stanford and usc are not favorites to cover in my book. this week sets up to be a huge letdown week for both of them
    Why not, what ever happened to reasons? What do you know about Colorado??

Coach Jake
    Winning

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Only the blind would wager on Stanford this week. Anyone stupid enough to think that they would risk an injury a week before their biggest game of the year, to pad a score should have their posting rights revoked. If you think that Stanford would risk a critical injury just to put an "extra stomp" on Oregon State, you are certifiable.
    lol, u for real, what team hasn't Stanford put an extra stomp on? Have you even been watching Stanford play? I know they'd get crushed by the likes of alabama, but Stanford has a tendency to pick apart crappy teams, especially if they cannot stop Stanford from running the ball.

Now what's all this about risking injuries being up only 21? Forget Stanford, do you even watch college ball? Every game might as well be a playoff and every point you score increases your odds to win championships and trophies.

And if you seriously think that David Shaw is going to bench Andrew Luck up only 21 because he's scared of Oregon, than ur straight crazy. No coach in his right mind would bench up only 21, and David Shaw loves to run it up! You haven't even watched a game and you're trying to tell me about my team? lol.

And speaking of posting rights, you have 6,400 posts and not a single fact. You're all nonsense, bro
    Last edited by Coach Jake; 10-31-11 at 10:13 PM.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Road favorites of 21+ are 13-2 ATS this season. I've been waiting for the wheels to fall off but they keep cashing because big favs are covering like mad...I don't play them all, but it's worth noting. This is not a recommendation to blindly play these expecting to become rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Coach Jake
    Winning

Andrew Luck might be the best QB in NCAA, and he's throwing to very good receivers out of a good system, and they have very few injuries. The numbers also match up right. As crazy as it sounds, the team who does the best at stopping Stanford's run has the best chance to stop them and State has struggled this year. Also running games aside, Stanford has Andrew Luck...15-4 ATS, versus Ryan Katz's 5-6-1
    Last edited by Coach Jake; 10-31-11 at 10:35 PM.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

My only caution here is this is a classic let down spot. Last weeks game against USC was a big victory for them mentally and physically and they may come out flat in this one as they are on the back on of b2b road games and also have Oregon coming up next week so beware. The only way Oreg St hangs is if Stanford lets them. Stanford is 7-0-1 ATS this season so they aren't the best team to fade either.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

beavers totally different team at home and always play physical. this will be their superbowl while stanford in classic letdown + look ahead.

Stompin_Tom

anything else?