Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

Sage Advice

I'm an old f*ck and new to this forum but I love college football and love a little action to brighten up the day. Over the years I have learned a few things about this handicapping football. First: There Are NO Systems. As much as I respect some of the Cappers on this forum (Machine, Spadle) you HAVE TO remember that teams improve throughout the season. The amount of film that coaches have by this point in the season lets them begin to develop better game plans, very similar to if you sit down to a poker table do you have a better feel for the players after 15 minutes or 2 hours?? Second point: FATIGUE By this time in the season the players are just plain tired. Hell they have been working their asses off since August. Notice that yesterday Duke, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ga Tech, Vandy, Texas, Florida State, Kent State and Ohio State all played inspired games. You think it was just a coincidence that all these kids slept in their own beds? It's nice to get a little love from your girlfriend and sleep in your own bed when your 18, 19 or 20 and the pressure of the season is really starting to bear down.

The only reason I made this post is that I lost yesterday for the first weekend in several and the reason I lost was that I LOST SIGHT OF THESE BASIC FACTS.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way, but remember that stats don't even come close to telling the story of college football.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

You sir, are absolutely correct in your analysis and this is truly sage advice.
    There are no systems.
    There are only factors. It is nice to see someone remind me to get back to basics.
    Good luck to you.

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

Let's add Oklahoma State to that list as well....