Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Nebraska is the best play on the board this week

This looks to be a tough card this week, as I can only find one play so far...

Right now i see it @ -4, and would loved to get this at -3, but that would cost me 25 cents.

Wanted to get your guys opinions on where this line will close, because i suspect atleast 60% of the public to be on Mich St. Opened 3.5 and already shifted to 4.

Mich St coming off a stretch where they played @ Ohio St, Michigan, and the miracle vs Wiscy Sat Night. Now they have a 12pm est start (11am Local) in one of the toughest road environments in NCAAF. Sparty has played two road games all season and have only produced 23 total points...

The cornhuskers should be able to get the lead early in this game and use that rushing attack to maintain it throughout.

Where will the line go?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

MSU knows if they win this likely they go to the Big 10 title game. Careful.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I don't know, State has looked good lately and Nebraska really isn't that good.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

strongly disagree lou. wisky and michigan have 2 powerful rushing attacks aswell.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks for the opinions, im going to hold out and wait to see if public can knock this line down to 3... Either way I still see the huskers by a td...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    strongly disagree lou. wisky and michigan have 2 powerful rushing attacks aswell.

agreed but mich st @ home is completely different team than on the road... that team thrives off the crowd...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How many teams have ever won in Lincoln, NE? That place is too loud.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I think Texas beat them last year, but not sure b4 that...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Let not forget that those are two rushing attacks that mich st is very used to seeing year in and year out...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'm either going to lose a ton of $$ this weekend or be very happy by midnight saturday with this game and a couple others that I wanna just tease all in one but can't do it with more than 3 and feel great.

Nebraska -4

Texas A & M

Miami

Va Tech

Tex Tech

Oklahoma

Fun weekend ahead boys!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

msu will lose this week. an emotional team coming off 2 straight home games where their energy was through the roof.

dantonio is trying to be like Bill Bellicheck but his players are in college, not NFL. You can't maintain that energy for 3 weeks straight when the talent on your team sucks.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    msu will lose this week. an emotional team coming off 2 straight home games where their energy was through the roof.

dantonio is trying to be like Bill Bellicheck but his players are in college, not NFL. You can't maintain that energy for 3 weeks straight when the talent on your team sucks.
    i don't agree that they aren't talented, but do i agree its a bad spot for them

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    i don't agree that they aren't talented, but do i agree its a bad spot for them
    GL. I just think they are overrated, big time. They caught MICH on a tough road schedule in their 3rd straight road game I believe, then Wisconson got 2 very lucky plays for TDs, energy from homecoming, etc, bunch of variables.

Those things don't usually go your way on the road. You have to play well to win in Nebraska. Also State had 0 penalties against Wisconson. No need to explain how that will change on the road.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    I don't know, State has looked good lately and Nebraska really isn't that good.
    This.... I see T-magic having alot of problems with spartan defense. Nebraska in one word sucks

teaserpleaser

Even if spartans have a letdown they have the better defense imo and its not even close at qb. Msu is a better all around team. Im not very high on nebraska if you cant tell.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

MSU was blownout 37-6 @Iowa exactly 1 year ago in a letdown spot after a lesser miracle comeback win @NW the week before

The thing I don't like is betting on one of the worst passing QBs in the country in Martinez against a good D. His mechanics are unbelievably bad and every pass is a duck

teaserpleaser

I really feel bad for taylor martinez kid should be playing wr, rb, or safety but sure as hell not a passing qb in a major conference... Spartan defense is no joke

sean1981
    sean1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

This looks to be a tough card this week, as I can only find one play so far...

Right now i see it @ -4, and would loved to get this at -3, but that would cost me 25 cents.

Wanted to get your guys opinions on where this line will close, because i suspect atleast 60% of the public to be on Mich St. Opened 3.5 and already shifted to 4.

Mich St coming off a stretch where they played @ Ohio St, Michigan, and the miracle vs Wiscy Sat Night. Now they have a 12pm est start (11am Local) in one of the toughest road environments in NCAAF. Sparty has played two road games all season and have only produced 23 total points...

The cornhuskers should be able to get the lead early in this game and use that rushing attack to maintain it throughout.

Where will the line go?

1. It's the Big Ten, so you almost always have a 12 EST start.
    2. This MSU team is better than last year's version, on both sides of the ball.
    3. In the past three weeks, MSU has had to game plan against a mobile quarterback. They were able to dominate against Denard and Michigan. Denard -350 v. Martinez.
    4. Last week, MSU, without a major piece of its pass rush, was able to shut down Russell Wilson and Wisconsin for all but its first two possessions (second was a short field after turnover at the MSU 30) and its last two possessions (when they played soft with a two-touchdown lead in the fourth quarter).
    5. I'm not a big believer in the transitive property in sports, but MSU was significantly better than Wisconsin for 50 minutes of that game and Wisconsin absolutely destroyed Nebraska.
    6. Kirk Cousins might be the most underrated quarterback in the Big Ten.
    7. If MSU gets out to a lead and can come downhill at Martinez, he will make a lot of mistakes. (See three picks in six minutes to blow the game wide open against Wisconsin).

I think MSU is a better team than Nebraska. However, I do think the Huskers do have an awesome home environment and are a more rested team, but college football is a momentum game. Huskers are -4 right now. I don't see the line moving toward Nebraska any more, so you may want to wait.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1981 View Post
    3. In the past three weeks, MSU has had to game plan against a mobile quarterback. They were able to dominate against Denard and Michigan. Denard -350 v. Martinez.
    4. Last week, MSU, without a major piece of its pass rush, was able to shut down Russell Wilson and Wisconsin for all but its first two possessions (second was a short field after turnover at the MSU 30) and its last two possessions (when they played soft with a two-touchdown lead in the fourth quarter).
    5. I'm not a big believer in the transitive property in sports, but MSU was significantly better than Wisconsin for 50 minutes of that game and Wisconsin absolutely destroyed Nebraska.
    7. If MSU gets out to a lead and can come downhill at Martinez, he will make a lot of mistakes. (See three picks in six minutes to blow the game wide open against Wisconsin).

I think MSU is a better team than Nebraska. However, I do think the Huskers do have an awesome home environment and are a more rested team, but college football is a momentum game. Huskers are -4 right now. I don't see the line moving toward Nebraska any more, so you may want to wait.

I think its a big adjustment flying high from a huge prime time win to a early start in a very tough environment, playing a team who really needs this game...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

gl on whatever you decide

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

You seriously think this is the best play on the board this week....

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I dont trust Nebraska. They have had some horrible stretches this year and I dont just mean against Wisky. In fact you have to think hard to come up with a complete game. They should of lost big to Ohio St which Mich St beat on the road. Wash went toe to toe with them for nearly 3 quarters, fresno St actually out played them in Lincoln if my memory is correct.

I do like the scenario of going against a team after a huge emotional win but Mich St has played a lot of big games and is pretty battle tested. Plus they are slightly better than Nebraska so I wouldnt lay points with the favorite here.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    even more so that you don't like it....

And i only have two plays this week, Neb and G tech ( i grade them out equally)

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Nebraska will lose this game outright.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

even more so that you don't like it....

And i only have two plays this week, Neb and G tech ( i grade them out equally)
    Good luck rookie.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Im seeing alot of 4.5's now so i just locked this is @ -4 for 4 units...

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Absolutely love Nebraska ML........its a bit juicy, but Michigan St doesnt win in this spot away from Lansing.
    They will come back down to earth after nice HOME wins vs Michigan and Wisky!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by sean1981 View Post

Home field is HUGE in college foots. Home field can make average teams look great and great teams look very average. Michigan St showed they can beat the big boys at home, but can they go to Lincoln and win?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Stafford just dropped a would be 96 yard pick 6,

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Good call

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Yupp,

And thanks pavy,

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Louisvillekid had this one pegged from the time it came out. Great call as this was never in doubt. Congrats!!!

teaserpleaser

Good call you' re right i was wrong paid for it... Mich st was flat as a pancake
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave teaserpleaser 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Good call you' re right i was wrong paid for it... Mich st was flat as a pancake
    This is nice to see at sbr for once. A guy that likes a certain side, it doesn't win, and comes back into the thread and congrats the other guy. Well done teaser. Hats off to you sir...
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave Djstucky 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I cashed it, thanks!

12 Last