Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Baylor is capable of upsetting Ok. St. tomorrow

I'd avoid Ok. St. as a ML in your parlays. Baylor is a very live dog in this game. Neither team plays any D and they are 2 of the best offensive teams in the country. Anything could happen.

RGIII is the truth. If he has a huge game passing/running it's gonna spell a lot of trouble for the Cowboys. I don't think they can contain him. Baylor is also one of the best teams in the country at protecting the ball so they're unlikely to shoot themselves in the foot against this D.

I can't see any scenario in this game that the over doesn't hit. It's going to be nonstop scoring.

I can see this game being the only loss on a bunch of parlays tomorrow.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    I'd avoid Ok. St. as a ML in your parlays. Baylor is a very live dog in this game. Neither team plays any D and they are 2 of the best offensive teams in the country. Anything could happen.

RGIII is the truth. If he has a huge game passing/running it's gonna spell a lot of trouble for the Cowboys. I don't think they can contain him. Baylor is also one of the best teams in the country at protecting the ball so they're unlikely to shoot themselves in the foot against this D.

I can't see any scenario in this game that the over doesn't hit. It's going to be nonstop scoring.

dude get the facts str8. not saying an upset can't happen, but to call this out as likely is just you being a baylor homer. the ostate d is awful...that is what you are saying right? hear that shit every week here and it is nonsense. they are middle of the pack as far as ncaa d's go...and baylor is at the fukking bottom man. that is fact. another fact that a poster brought up in another thread is that "the truth" doesn't even have a career td against ostate. look at the past scores and results in this series and see that ostate completely bitchslaps these losers every year. the only possible way baylor wins this game is if ostate lets down or looks ahead...that is it. not saying that stuff doesn't happen, but to bet on it or tell others to is not smart. just for your bears, and quit posting bs.

sandman0713

also...i am on the over as well. i can see one way it doesn't hit tho. if ostate chooses to force the run down their throat, being they have such a shitty run d....this might stay under.

sandman0713

hey...screw it man. don't worry about a response for me. i just got to quit reading these ostate threads each week and responding. don't want to have to worry about some dude coming in here saying i told you so if we lose. just get tired of the bogus statements by people who don't know what they are saying. gl tho man on the over as i am on it too. no money invested on the spread or the ml.

Rambo
    Rambo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1916

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    the only possible way baylor wins this game is if ostate lets down or looks ahead...that is it.
    I do know one thing from playing this game that gets way overblown by the average Joe... players, teams and coaches just plain do NOT "look ahead" very often... if ever.

If you think the coaches are doing anything but preparing for this game you are wrong. if you think the players are counting the victory and thinking about next week, they just plain are not.

You may hear it and see it here a lot but you won't see it in the film room, practice field or locker room.

It completely goes against the very nature of what athletics is all about and how the players and coaches prepare, play and coach.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea, i never understood the "overlook" factor
    the season is 1 game a week, y would teams overlook any opponent?
    this isnt baseball or basketball where that definately occurs due to the amount of games being played

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Sandman, what are you hearing about Blakmon's status? I'm seeing probable. Can you shed any additional light? TIA.

Romocide

Dude chill out, lol. All I'm saying is that there are far safer games to throw in parlays than this one. I never said that Baylor was 'likely' to win. They have a chance though. As for the comment about RG3, he is playing on a much higher level this season than he has before. This is not last year or the year before, so it really has no bearing on the outcome of this game. OU bitch slapped TTech last year and the year before.

Ok. St. actually gives up more yards per game than Baylor, although they give up 6 less points per game.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I do know one thing from playing this game that gets way overblown by the average Joe... players, teams and coaches just plain do NOT "look ahead" very often... if ever.

If you think the coaches are doing anything but preparing for this game you are wrong. if you think the players are counting the victory and thinking about next week, they just plain are not.

You may hear it and see it here a lot but you won't see it in the film room, practice field or locker room.

It completely goes against the very nature of what athletics is all about and how the players and coaches prepare, play and coach.
    not wanting to get into a big deal where people think i am claiming bs...but i used to party with a lot of the ostate players. not from this season...several years back. was also a player thru high school at a big oklahoma school. when you come off of 2 road games against texas and mizzou to face a baylor team at home that you destroy every year...there is a little bit of a tendancy to relax. the coaches never do...but i know for a fact the players get full of themselves and don't give the effort in practice all week. i have watched it happen first hand, and knew in advance what was coming. that being said...this ostate team seems very focused. being at home is a big help as well in this game. i agree coaches never letdown man...but i completely disagree about players. just little things about their additude and overconfidence contribute to how they practice all week...and once you get to the game it is too late to change it.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Baylor does not play enough defense to upset anyone, except their own coach.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Coach Jake

sandman0713

Dude chill out, lol. All I'm saying is that there are far safer games to throw in parlays than this one. I never said that Baylor was 'likely' to win. They have a chance though. As for the comment about RG3, he is playing on a much higher level this season than he has before. This is not last year or the year before, so it really has no bearing on the outcome of this game. OU bitch slapped TTech last year and the year before.

Ok. St. actually gives up more yards per game than Baylor, although they give up 6 less points per game.
    yeah my bad man. not wanting to get into a big deal. to compare the baylor d to the ostate d...if you have watched both each week and who they have played...is just wrong imo. of course anything can happen...but this seems more doubtful for me than many games people might choose for a ml parlay. gl tho...and sorry if i was rude.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Sandman, what are you hearing about Blakmon's status? I'm seeing probable. Can you shed any additional light? TIA.
    anyiam is out for the year, which hurts a little. blackmon is playing tho man. people are saying he could have came back last week as well...but gundy said no. harrison on the other side of blackmon now shouldn't matter much...and i think we have quality depth at wr.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Neither team has a defense. Both are just terrible. The difference here is that Baylor just plays terrible against Okie State. They are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against the Okies, and 0-6 in Stillwater, or hicksville, or whereever Okie State plays. The favorite in this series is also 7-0 in their last 7 games. If you want to buck those trends, be my guest. Okie State wins this game. The only way that Baylor has a chance to cover is thru the back door. With Okie State giving 14.5 at some shops, and the Total at 80, a back door cover is possible.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Neither team has a defense. Both are just terrible. The difference here is that Baylor just plays terrible against Okie State. They are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against the Okies, and 0-6 in Stillwater, or hicksville, or whereever Okie State plays. The favorite in this series is also 7-0 in their last 7 games. If you want to buck those trends, be my guest. Okie State wins this game. The only way that Baylor has a chance to cover is thru the back door. With Okie State giving 14.5 at some shops, and the Total at 80, a back door cover is possible.
    see...stuff like this is why i must not click these ostate threads anymore. they just piss me off. why don't you learn how to ******* spell before you come in here calling people hicks dickhead...lol. gl this weekend guys...i am out of these ostate threads from now on.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm laying the chalk in this game with confidence. OK State is a team that needs to run up scores as much as possible to get love in the BCS polls, and does so at every opportunity.

Griffin is great, but Baylor has not been effective in protecting him lately, allowing 13 sacks in the last 3 games. OK State has a very good pass rush (18th in sacks) and a solid secondary (#1 in interceptions) that will make his life difficult on Saturday.

Also, as noted above by BigDaddyQH, this series has been extremely one sided, with OK State destroying Baylor in the last few years. The average score in the last 5 years has been 47-16, and to that you might say RGIII will make the difference this year, but OK State is also fielding an improved team this season, ranked higher than any OSU team has been ranked in years. I think a play on Baylor, even at +14.5 would be a very bad choice.

Pivotpoint

anyiam is out for the year, which hurts a little. blackmon is playing tho man. people are saying he could have came back last week as well...but gundy said no. harrison on the other side of blackmon now shouldn't matter much...and i think we have quality depth at wr.
    Thanks Sandman. Know all about Anyiam, done for year. Feel bad for him. Heard he was a solid kid and worked his butt off. I always hate to see a Seniors season end early due to injury.

Romocide

yeah my bad man. not wanting to get into a big deal. to compare the baylor d to the ostate d...if you have watched both each week and who they have played...is just wrong imo. of course anything can happen...but this seems more doubtful for me than many games people might choose for a ml parlay. gl tho...and sorry if i was rude.
    Not a problem man, good luck.

Pivotpoint

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I'm laying the chalk in this game with confidence. OK State is a team that needs to run up scores as much as possible to get love in the BCS polls, and does so at every opportunity.

Griffin is great, but Baylor has not been effective in protecting him lately, allowing 13 sacks in the last 3 games. OK State has a very good pass rush (18th in sacks) and a solid secondary (#1 in interceptions) that will make his life difficult on Saturday.

Also, as noted above by BigDaddyQH, this series has been extremely one sided, with OK State destroying Baylor in the last few years. The average score in the last 5 years has been 47-16, and to that you might say RGIII will make the difference this year, but OK State is also fielding an improved team this season, ranked higher than any OSU team has been ranked in years. I think a play on Baylor, even at +14.5 would be a very bad choice.
    Agree. Anyone who watched the game last week had to be impressed with how well Ok St played on the road. Mizzu is no slouch at home and their offense is better than most. OK St receivers dropped a lot of passes that hit them in the hands. Not the norm. Very impressed with Weeden and his accuracy and decision making. Cowboy stadium will be rocking and fans are right on top of field. Cowboys on a mission and don't believe they will have a let down. If anything, they should be fired up after Sooner loss. Cowboy O must be eager to pad numbers against a Bear D that has been stopping nobody.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sandman. You're a ******* idiot. And your defense is worse yards per game than baylors

Yet you call other people homers. Bucking dipshit

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Okie State -14 CASH, This thread is rubbish FADE MATERIAL

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Sandman. You're a ******* idiot. And your defense is worse yards per game than baylors. Yet you call other people homers. Bucking dipshit
    When you look at teams that feature high powered offenses, you often see teams that give up a lot of yards on defense like OK State, and that happens because the team doesn't have a huge incentive to play D when they can usually outscore the opponent. That doesn't mean they can't play defense.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you live anywhere close to NC I will bet you straight any amount you want to be ML Romocide. OKSU all the way.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

okie st all day and night, jesus christ their D doesn't suck and their offense is the best in the country, 14 is not a big deal

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

quit reading at this point.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Baylor does not play enough defense to upset anyone, except their own coach.
    Amen to that. Take the over in this one. Its 79 - 80 for a reason. This game total goes over the century mark.

bosoxbruce
    bosoxbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    From okc goin to the game Blackmon is fine, last week was just precautionary.... And I'm wit u sandman I done tryin to help these fools out! AGAIN if u would take the time to break down the stats, as apposed to just looking at the final score and listening to the clowns on espn, Oklahoma state has given up 188 pts this year total 133 of that has come in the 2nd half! For the morons like vin vermillion, that leaves 55 1st half pts given up by the osu 1st team d. The 2nd team has given up 28 of the 133 2h pts in garbage time add in 2 kick returns, a fumble return on a punt and a pick 6 that brings the 2h total to 77...is that great hell no!! But when u factor in osu is near the top in takeaways that very average d becomes a good d. Now for the idiots out there who will try to twist my words around, dnt get me wrong the d is he weakest part of the team but far from the division II defense some of these self proclaimed sharps would have u believe. Oh and ps career rg3 has ZERO touchdowns
    vs the state d, no running no passing. IMO Baylor is a stupid play vs a team that has covered six in a row with a underrated d going up against a team that has dominated them the last 15 years
    Last edited by bosoxbruce; 10-28-11 at 11:00 PM.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post
    Amen to that. Take the over in this one. Its 79 - 80 for a reason. This game total goes over the century mark.
    It will be 50ish to 30ish....Ive been riding OKSU all year first half and game, played them 5 weeks and won all 5. Will be doing the same tomorrow,

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Sandman. You're a ******* idiot. And your defense is worse yards per game than baylors

Yet you call other people homers. Bucking dipshit

^^^said the dude with the losing record. until they start grading wagers based on yards per game, any time i speak of d ranking it will be scoring d...just to clear that up. osu=65...middle of the pack. baylor=101...bottom feeders. also need to look at the takeaways this d has had over the last 4 or 5 games. 1 or 2 games we chalk it up as luck or whatever...but they are doing it every week. anyways...people see what they want to see, as i'm sure i do too. i stand by my original post making the point that this is almost as safe as it gets with ml on a 14 point fav...if you look at past results and stat's from this season. anything can happen any saturday tho as we all know all too well. gl to anyone here who is not on the baylor ml...lol...because all i care about really is a str8 up win.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by jonathon1995 View Post

It will be 50ish to 30ish....Ive been riding OKSU all year first half and game, played them 5 weeks and won all 5. Will be doing the same tomorrow,
    I hope your score margin is correct. Need that big 80-spot+

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN View Post
    Okie State -14 CASH, This thread is rubbish FADE MATERIAL
    4th and Goal STOP, and then 14 points in 18 Seconds.. Lets go OKIE STATE

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Baylor's defense is atrocious, I expect OSU to score 55+ points in this game

Romocide

Baylor shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get. Game going how I thought it would so far, minus the Baylor mistakes.

brahmabull117

Baylor shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get.

more like OSU making big plays when it matters on defense

that's what they've been doing pretty much all year- they're the big 12 version of Oregon

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    more like OSU making big plays when it matters on defense. that's what they've been doing pretty much all year- they're the big 12 version of Oregon
    OSU is my darkhorse pick to sneak into the BCS title game. At the very least it should come down to the final week in their game against OU.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    OSU is my darkhorse pick to sneak into the BCS title game. At the very least it should come down to the final week in their game against OU.

I really really hope we don't see OSU or Clemson in the title game

neither one of thoser teams have a chance to beat Alabama or LSU - the only 2 teams that have a chance to beat the SEC powerhouses would be Stanford and Boise (who have the toughness and defenses to hang with the SEC teams)

12 Last