TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Week 9 Ranking Data

Since we’re all here for the same purpose (to make $$), I thought I would share some data that I use in assisting with my selections for the week. I try to find games with matchup problems and take it from there.

Hopefully you can make use of it, as part of your own handicapping process.

The chart contains allof this week's FBS games, the line (as of this morning), each team's Offensive and Defensive rankings, and a few calcs that I like to use to find potential matchup problems (Offense vs Defense breakdowns).

http://www.eatdrinksleepsports.net/N...king-data.html
    (If IE8, turn on compatibility view)

Here are a few examples of what I like to look for in the chart:

Example 1:

In the above game, I see a very large discrepency between the Pass O of Texas Tech and the Pass D of Iowa St. Rush O vs D are comparable, as is SoS. Given these numbers, I like TT -14.5 here.

Example 2:

In the above game, you can see very large negative numbers for Memphis in all categories. Large negatives indicate that their Offense is ranked well below the Defense of UCF. With their SoS being about equal, I don't see how memphis is going to put many points on the board. UCF's numbers are positive enough that I think they may be able to run this one up.

Example 3:

In the above game, SJS looks like they won't be able to run the ball well, but should be able to find success in the passing game. as I don't see any particular advantage for Louisiana tech on the Rushing side (+11), and the SoS slightly favors SJS, I go with the dog here.

Example 4: (Over/Under)

Look at all those negative numbers. both teams appear to defenses that are superior to their opponents Offense. With that, I don't see either team putting up a lot of points. I like the Under here.

Keep in mind, these are just examples of how I use the data and there are many other factors to consider. This info gives me a good starting point, before I dig into other info, such as injuries, lineups, weather, etc.

Cheers, and let's kill the books this weekend.
    Last edited by TheCommish; 10-28-11 at 03:01 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sandman0713

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

How are you doing this year using this "system"?

TheCommish

It's not a system, just information.

That said, I'm doing well.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

very nice bro. i am always looking for any info i can find...and it is hard to find good pages anymore that have what i want for free...lol. thanks for sharing.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info but i just do a quick look. michigan st rank 66 and duke 68?

TheCommish

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
    thanks for the info but i just do a quick look. michigan st rank 66 and duke 68?
    In total yds/game, yes.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

nevermind i was using my phone to browse your site..
    Im looking at it on my pc now.. it is very useful..

Thank you again

TheCommish

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
    nevermind i was using my phone to browse your site..
    Im looking at it on my pc now.. it is very useful..

Thank you again
    No problem. Cheers mate.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Looks really good after looking on there for a little bit. I'll have to give it a shot next week since I already got all my picks in for today. Good luck this weekend Commish!