spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any inside info on BG vs Kent? Odd Move

Tried to post this earlier but comp locked up severely:

The line opened at BG -6.5 (somebody told me this... I got it at -5) Since then line has dropped to BG -3.5.... Big line move for a small school game against a terrible offense, with 1 team being 1-6 ATS and the other coming off a good Toledo game and a win over a very good Temple team.... Here is what I wrote and some minor research tools, but Im wondering if anyone knows the reason for this drastic line move.

BG -5 vs Kent
    Play BG -5

Ignore the fact that Kent has won in recent history.
    Consider these facts:

Kent is 1-6 ATS
    Kent averages 10 points per game and 28 against
    BG puts up 27 per game
    Kent hasn’t played 1 team within 5pts all year
    BG just played Toledo to a 7pt loss and beat Temple straight up
    Common opponent is Miami Ohio who BG crushed (@ Miami) and Kent lost to @ home

Meh I think BG has this… BG -5

I mean: Kent has had a decent home defense ranking 15th against the pass and 22 against the run but their 3 home opponents have been ULL, South Alabama, and Miami (OH), they were impressive holding Miami Ohio to 9 points but... BG beat this same Miami team 37-23 @ Miami... I dont think the "under-rated" defense is the reason for the move...

Possibly this is an expected let down spot after a big win over Temple? Kent is coming off a bye week?

I mean honestly??? Kent is 1-6 ATS... I swear is this game fixed? Kents closest loss this year was that 6pt loss last week, where they racked up a stellar 244 yards of total offense and converted 3 of 17 third downs.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

spreads been moving funny on kent all year...total and spread. their d is every bit as good as their o is bad...so may be a close game. i had to sweat out the miami ohio win over them for a huge bet...but only took 9 points for mu to cover the spread...lol. not saying gimme, but i got it for 4 units. the spreads on these kent games have been moving the kent and over way often tho, and it hasn't mattered so far. just wish i would have waited to bet now and got it lower...lol.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

MAC is crooked. Period.

spladle08

Sandman: Im sure you are right.. i dont see how they can compete at all

No Coincidences: I fear you may actually be onto something.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Im with you guys here, I have been waiting to put down 5 dimes on bowling green, but dont like the RLM on such a crap team. Im also wondering the same thing which player is being fixed or will this be a buy back game.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-27-11 at 01:57 PM.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    Im with you guys here, I have waiting to put down 5 dimes on bowling green due to the RLM on such a crap team. Im also wondering the same thing which player is being fixed or will this be a buy back game.
    perfect game for that. kent a great d capable of pulling out a close game...and a game nobody is betting on.

take kent +6.5 early and move the spread with false money

pound bg at like -3 after it moves

fairly good chance at a middle there and all gain as well

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Line is moving because Kent is a home dog, BG coming off a letdown spot after Temple win, and Kent's D can keep it close. Period. This game screams stay away if any game ever did to me. If you planned ahead enough to get a middle opportunity like sandman says, it's probably worth a play. Otherwise, run and don't look back.

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

thinking about BG-3... keeping it on my radar for now..

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Line is moving because Kent is a home dog, BG coming off a letdown spot after Temple win, and Kent's D can keep it close. Period. This game screams stay away if any game ever did to me. If you planned ahead enough to get a middle opportunity like sandman says, it's probably worth a play. Otherwise, run and don't look back.
    Kent st is horriable on offense and is last in every catagory. Temple and Toledo are really decent teams and the 2 best in MAC and BG held there own in both games. Im only worried about a paid thrown game here but otherwise this game is handled by BG.

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    Kent st is horriable on offense and is last in every catagory. Temple and Toledo are really decent teams and the 2 best in MAC and BG held there own in both games. Im only worried about a paid thrown game here but otherwise this game is handled by BG.
    For everyone's sake who bet on BG, I hope you're right. GL.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Ill give you guys the greatest money maker ever! ALWAYS BET AGAINST AKRON THEY SUCK! I live within 3 hours of these ohio mac schools

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    Ill give you guys the greatest money maker ever! ALWAYS BET AGAINST AKRON THEY SUCK! I live within 3 hours of these ohio mac schools
    Fade Zippy the Kangaroo!!!

spladle08

I got akron/cmu over fiddy
    ..... expecting some quality ball

Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea this is a trap game

spladle08

lol I see people deeming this game a "Lock", and it really seems like it should be.... PRAY FOR ME

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Sharp heavy money thinks they are on to something. Vegas counters with a mind game. On an even playing field...course the better team will win. But not everything in life is fair. Just choose wisely. There are no right or wrong answers til the final score.
    Last edited by Blazermaniac; 10-29-11 at 07:55 AM.