MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

South Carolina @ Tennessee Discussion

SC even without Lattimore should be able to get the win against Tennessee Saturday night......Tennessee is starting a true freshman at QB instead of Simms and the Gamecocks are ranked #1 in the nation against the pass.....They also have 14 interceptions and 15 sacks on the season and have scored on defense/ special teams 8 times already

SC is coming off a bye and still have a very good chance to win the SEC East....Conner Shaw is settling in nicely at QB and is easily an upgrade over Garcia.....Sc's offense may struggle a little bit getting used to life without Lattimore, but the overwhelming matchup in favor of the Gamecocks is their defense against Tennessee's offense anyway

I'm going very big on SC moneyline myself......thoughts?

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

was pretty impressed with the Vols 1H defensive efforts against bama and LSU I'm taking the under.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

take the under whatever it is....

south carolina should cover the spread too.... although they lost their #1 running back for the season. South carolinas defense is still one of the best defenses in the nation.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

but i def don't trust connor shaw yet especially on the road

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the above posts... without looking at the number (Im assuming 44 or 45) the under seems like a pretty good play in this one... especially with no Lattimore.

If the under is something crazy like 35 I might change my tune but probably not... Good Luck.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Under for me, but I will probably play USC eventually. Looks like line may drop to 3.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-27-11 at 11:57 AM.

docbarnes
    docbarnes's Avatar Become A Pro!

TN is starting their 3rd QB of the season. Have lost 3 key players on their team and very young.
    They will play SC tough for a half then experience and coaching will take over.
    SC wins in a close game

KingFriday
    KingFriday's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can tell you to LOCK the South Carolina (-4)v Tenn spread , Marcus Lattimore the best RB arguably in the nation is out for the year. But he has a decent back up, great line. Defense will win this one, low total, but SC will be too much for Tenn's freshman first time QB.

UNDER SC(-4) PARLAY. LOCK

Connor Shaw is doing a good job, and Alshon Jeffrey is amazing, but since there is no running game which was the bread and butter, if they have decent CB the passing game will be under control. I would bet the spread, but the UNDER looks like a LOCK . SC's defense is stout. True freshman quarterback to get his first start in this league, for Tennessee Worley will debut against a South Carolina defense that leads the SEC with 24 forced turnovers and is third with 15 sacks. Tenn offense is struggling.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

South Carolina is in a classic look ahead situation. This is the middle of a 3 game away trip, and game 3 is at Arkansas next week. South Carolina is 2-4-1 ATS this season. Tennessee has nothing to lose, and is playing at home, so I expect Dooley to pull out all the stops (if he has any) in this game. I'll pass on this one.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

ML-Dawg how do you feel about SC's terrible record in Knoxville? Obviously these are different teams, players, etc but clearly this has been a place where the Cocks have struggled mightily over the years.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

USC doesn't have a bad record in Knoxville. USC is 5-3-1 ATS in Knoxville since joining the SEC.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    ML-Dawg how do you feel about SC's terrible record in Knoxville? Obviously these are different teams, players, etc but clearly this has been a place where the Cocks have struggled mightily over the years.
    Not too worried.....not big on past trends (over 5 years), what happened 20 years ago has NOTHING to do with what will happen Saturday

KingFriday
    KingFriday's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed MLD. Tennesee isnt even the same as a few weeks ago. true freshman first start QB, lots of talent inj.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Just as I thought......SC with their defense would completely shut down Tennessee

To those who tailed