Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Dogs have been barking! Take the Huskies +10

If you've been betting the games the last few nights, the dogs have been barking. I'm more than happy to take the Huskies tonight and the 10 points. Husky Offense has been sputtering, but at least I'm not laying points. Take a closer look at that Panther Offense and they resemble alley cats more than Panthers.

Lets look a little deeper. Pitt has lost 4 of 5 games. They have averaged an embarrassing 12.0 ppg in their last three loses. Scoring 12,10 and 14 in recent defeats. Can't believe they are laying 10 tonight ? Last game Pitt qb was horrific against a very poor Utah pass defense. Pitt signal callers racked up pop warner stats in that game going 9 for 30 for a whopping 50 yards and two picks in that game. Nice.

Everybody points to the horrible Husky offense. Their line has been hurt by injuries, but looked better last week in the victory over USF. Husky QB hasn't thrown a INT in the last four games. He has four for the year , but three came against Vandy and he truly had a bad game that day. Pitt only had 12 first downs and 120 yards against Utah. Husky line nothing to brag about , but Pitt has been like swiss cheese giving up 13 Sacks in the past two weeks. Ray Graham is a nice looking RB, but he will be going against the Nations #9 rushing D.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Husky offense hasn't scored an offensive TD in the last two games. Teggert is a good field goal kicker and you might be cursing his name laying the 10, seeing Panthers are no offensive juggernaut. Huskies suffered losses and injuries in the RB position, but locals say coaches are very pleased with the progress of McCombs who has stepped in and has really been carrying the load. He rushed for 130 yards over USF, averages 100 + yards per game and at this pace is on track to rack up a 1000 yard season. Husky D shut down WV rushing attack.

Pitt will have to pass the ball to cover the 10 pts. Panthers lead the nation allowing (34) sacks. I would assume that if you're laying the 10, you have a hunch that Graham will run wild tonight? He might, but it could be tough sledding against a tough Husky Rush Defense. They have a bunch of young guys on D and in the linebacker slots , including red shirt freshman, but they have been impressing and getting better every week. I don't want to talk anyone off their pick, but if you're on the fence, I'd look at the Dog here. Huskies have been playing Pitt tough the last few years. Huskies have covered four of last five ATS in this series. Dog lovers might note that three of those wins were straight up as underdogs. Bottom line , these teams have played each other very close recently and Panthers have been very inconsistent. If you're on the fence, grab the points.

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    If you've been betting the games the last few nights, the dogs have been barking. I'm more than happy to take the Huskies tonight and the 10 points. Husky Offense has been sputtering, but at least I'm not laying points. Take a closer look at that Panther Offense and they resemble alley cats more than Panthers.

Lets look a little deeper. Pitt has lost 4 of 5 games. They have averaged an embarrassing 12.0 ppg in their last three loses. Scoring 12,10 and 14 in recent defeats. Can't believe they are laying 10 tonight ? Last game Pitt qb was horrific against a very poor Utah pass defense. Pitt signal callers racked up pop warner stats in that game going 9 for 30 for a whopping 50 yards and two picks in that game. Nice.

Everybody points to the horrible Husky offense. Their line has been hurt by injuries, but looked better last week in the victory over USF. Husky QB hasn't thrown a INT in the last four games. He has four for the year , but three came against Vandy and he truly had a bad game that day. Pitt only had 12 first downs and 120 yards against Utah. Husky line nothing to brag about , but Pitt has been like swiss cheese giving up 13 Sacks in the past two weeks. Ray Graham is a nice looking RB, but he will be going against the Nations #9 rushing D.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Husky offense hasn't scored an offensive TD in the last two games. Teggert is a good field goal kicker and you might be cursing his name laying the 10, seeing Panthers are no offensive juggernaut. Huskies suffered losses and injuries in the RB position, but locals say coaches are very pleased with the progress of McCombs who has stepped in and has really been carrying the load. He rushed for 130 yards over USF, averages 100 + yards per game and at this pace is on track to rack up a 1000 yard season. Husky D shut down WV rushing attack.

Pitt will have to pass the ball to cover the 10 pts. Panthers lead the nation allowing (34) sacks. I would assume that if you're laying the 10, you have a hunch that Graham will run wild tonight? He might, but it could be tough sledding against a tough Husky Rush Defense. They have a bunch of young guys on D and in the linebacker slots , including red shirt freshman, but they have been impressing and getting better every week. I don't want to talk anyone off their pick, but if you're on the fence, I'd look at the Dog here. Huskies have been playing Pitt tough the last few years. Huskies have covered four of last five ATS in this series. Dog lovers might note that three of those wins were straight up as underdogs. Bottom line , these teams have played each other very close recently and Panthers have been very inconsistent. If you're on the fence, grab the points.
    Great write up man!!! I am on the Huskies +10 tonight and might even sprinkle some on the ML.....

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

I have a husky. so it's only right I bet on the huskies!!!!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i like that huskies have a good kicker, a lot of these close games are about field goals more than people realise.

bmuelle21
    bmuelle21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't forget that their is some bad weather that is headed into the area for the game so that will help keep the score down and pretty close.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Huskies have been outgained in almost every game. The only way Pitt loses this game is if, they have turnovers(which they do often), and Conn can capitalize on those turnovers(which they rarely do)

Lots of Big if's.
    Good luck though

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

panthers run all over unconn...not to mention uconn hasnt scored a TD on offense last 2 games...pitt covers wasy tonight

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    panthers run all over unconn...not to mention uconn hasnt scored a TD on offense last 2 games...pitt covers wasy tonight
    Why do you think Pitt will run all over Husky D? As I mentioned, Husky D is # 9 in the land. Gives up 2.9 yards a carry and 89 yards a game. I could see if Pitt had a dangerous passing attack to open up the run, but Pitt QB play has been horrible. Pitt passing = turnovers. Anything can happen, but tough to back a team in a conference game, struggling to score and laying 10. Uconn will load the box and dare Pitt to Pass.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

The only reason I can see to take Pitt is that they were able to score on Iowa's defense on the road. That at least tells me that if UConn's pass defense sucks Sunseri can accurately hit wide open receivers, which might be all he'll need to do.

That being said, let's not forget Pitt struggled to score on *Buffalo* and they haven't scored well in their last 4 games.

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

im with ya ++10 uconn and over 41

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everything the op said makes me want to take uconn but I might just lay off here

bmuelle21
    bmuelle21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    The only reason I can see to take Pitt is that they were able to score on Iowa's defense on the road. That at least tells me that if UConn's pass defense sucks Sunseri can accurately hit wide open receivers, which might be all he'll need to do.

That being said, let's not forget Pitt struggled to score on *Buffalo* and they haven't scored well in their last 4 games.
    Iowa's defense isn't that good this year as they have been in past years. They just gave up 24 to a horrible Indiana team. They also gave up 44 to an Iowa State team that struggles to score against the mediocre defenses of the Big 12.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

uconn has played no one worth mentioning

they have a good rush d because there competition has been very weak

this is a big game for them but they finally get tested by a team who played tougher opponents and can really pressure qb's to make many mistakes

pitt or under. i doubt huskies score more then 10 points and thats pushing it

g'luck

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

if huskies can't establish a running game this is a blow out. uconn best rb last year who gashed pitt is no longer with them.
    revenge on pitts minds
    bounce back game

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    I have a husky. so it's only right I bet on the huskies!!!!
    i have a panther so i guess i should take pitt.