Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thinking of making a big play on OKLAHOMA at KANSAS STATE -13.5

Any quality input on this game would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on it, as I have a strong vibe that Oklahoma is going to come out and play the type of game they did when they played Texas. I am tempted to make a big play on this, big play being several dimes.

Gmanpoke
    Gmanpoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

I live in Oklahoma and the local sports radio station was talking about Bob Stoops weekly press meeting that happened this afternoon. The radio guys said Bob made a comment something like, the Oklahoma football team was overrated at the beginning of the season. The radio guys commented that Bob didn't seem confident in his team. Like Bob didn't know which Oklahoma team would show up Saturday against K-State. I believe Bob has said, out of the 7 games they've played so far, three of the games the team did not practice well during the weak and were not prepared to play on game day. There overall talent has carried them through weaker teams but as the competition gets stronger, they are struggling.

I think there maybe a lot of stuff going on inside the locker room. The team may becoming fragmented. It seems like too big of a gamble. I'd stay away from this one. Now having said that, Oklahoma has the talent to stomp K-State, I'm just not sure they will and it sounds like Bob Stoops doesn't have a lot of confidence either.

Urbanwildlife

Very much appreciated your feedback on my post Gmanpoke, as it contains great information for me to consider before deciding to make a play on the Sooners or not.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-25-11 at 09:21 PM.

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

@Gmanpoke I live in Oklahoma too....can I go to soonersports or another website to hear this press conference?

If this is true...this wouldn't be the first time Stoops has 'lost' his team...I felt this happened back in '05 and '06 as well...

OU didn't defend very well against Tech (obviously)...and I was particularly surprised at how OU gave up rushing yards in that game. Going to look into this closer and make a play....probably on Kansas State. There isn't a doubt in my mind OU could cover this spread based on talent alone. However....if they are undermotivated and there are locker room issues....the obvious play would be K State in my mind....

Urbanwildlife

The thing is, I have to believe the public and everyone else have been on the players pretty hard this week, not to mention the coaching staff, and the players have to be feeling embarrassed about there performance against Texas Tech, so I do not see how they cannot come out looking to destroy Kansas State if for no other reason, than to feel good about themselves.

Stoops might have said that at the press conference as a motivating tool as well, knowing full well the players would hear about it. Just a thought.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

as bad as OU played in that tech game they were still in it, I do want to note that i believe tech is a good football team, and Tubberville pumped their asses up for that one, Doege is a good QB and that system just keeps it going... I think this OU team has tremendous talent, and we could be looking at a texas type of game in the face.... but hell I have been on the wrong side of a KSU gm a few times this season

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I heard the same thing on the radio today.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Kansas State or nothing!

Oklahoma inablity to score TD's in the redzone will hurt Oklahoma against teams like Kstate. Oklahoma should win but by 14 ?? I don't know about that.

Oklahoma 35
    Kansas St 32

Urbanwildlife

What is your take on this game BigDofBA???

BigDofBA

I'll start off by saying that I graduated from OU in 2007 so I saw a few national championship caliber teams while I was in school. I've been to a ton of games over the years.

Anyway, I would not bet on OU this weekend.

Coming into the year I thought this was an average team by Stoop's standards. That means about a 10-2 record, a possible conference title, and most likely a BCS bowl. I did not see this team playing for a championship. The teams we had in 2003 and 2004 were better and so were the teams led by Sam Bradford. Those teams had NFL players up and down the roster and many of them ended up being starters and pro-bowlers in the NFL.

This OU team is good but we have some glaring holes. We lack a FG kicker. I'm not joking either. When the kick is from 30 yards it seems like we have a 50/50 chance of making it.

Our red zone offense has been horrible as well. We can move the ball all over the field and rack up a ton of yards but when we get inside the 20 we struggle big time. I think it has something to do with the tempo we run. It's just not as effective inside the 20. I can't really explain it because it's not like we can't run the ball.

We have had several injuries over the past few weeks. We were without our best cornerback, a starting linebacker, and our starting RB against Tech last week. I heard a rumor on the radio that we would still be without these guys this weekend but then the guy on the radio retracted his statement and said it still wasn't clear.

I've been riding K-State all year and it's not because I think they are really talented, it's because I think they have a hell of a coach. Snyder always has a great gameplan. I tried to tell people K-State would beat Texas Tech when they played in Lubbock and no one believed me. K-State won that game by 10.

Look for K-State to control clock, play good defense, and try to win field position and special teams. They're also going to be playing at home in what is a huge game for them. They are still undefeated and in the BCS top 10 while OU is coming of a huge loss. It's going to be hard for OU to recover in a week and play in a hostile environment.

OU has typically played well following a loss under Stoops but I would not lay 14 against a pretty good K-State team on the road. I actually had this game circled as a possible loss before the year even started.

K-State has turned out to be a lot better than people first thought.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how this team is going to react after losing last week. Before the season, Travis Lewis said the season would be a failure if OU didn't win a national championship. After Satuday's loss, Lewis was calling out teammates for not playing in the game because of injuries.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-25-11 at 11:15 PM.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you for one of the best reviews I have actually read on here. Your advice has been taken to heart. Good luck to you this weekend with your bets!

BigDofBA

If I were you I would just save my money and bet on LSU against Bama. I can't imagine LSU being favored since it's on the road but LSU is clearly the best team I have seen this year.

I got into many debates with people before the season even started. Everyone loved Oregon in the first game of the year. LOL. That was the easiest bet of my life.

LSU is just as fast as Oregon but their also a lot bigger and stronger.

Whoever wins the Bama/LSU game will win the national title imo. Stanford has beaten like one team with a winning record. Boise State...good team but definitely not on LSU's level. Oklahoma State wouldn't fair any better than Oregon.

I really don't see a team that can challenge the SEC champion this year.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

with a majority on k-state at the moment, i would watch the line more than anything and keep an eye on where the bet percentage is. if ou closes at 14 or higher i would expect them to cover.

now when i was listening to the radio today in tennessee, the local afternoon show was on and it's anchored by two older guys and a younger guy who is from the midwest and has only been here for about a year or so. he has also alluded to being a betting man in the past, and when they were looking at the lines for this weekend, he guessed that ou would be laying 4.5 at k-state and was absolutely appalled when they told him the line was 13.5. this gives me an idea of where the "public" thinks the line should be and where it actually is, and if it were that far off this line would soar into the ground quicker than you could say tommy tuberville looks like a skeleton. i will probably steer clear of this game but if this line closes at 14 or higher i expect that sharp money is keeping it there and would imagine that ou is the play. this line seems so hard to believe that something tells me that ou will cover it.

Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If I were you I would just save my money and bet on LSU against Bama. I can't imagine LSU being favored since it's on the road but LSU is clearly the best team I have seen this year.

I got into many debates with people before the season even started. Everyone loved Oregon in the first game of the year. LOL. That was the easiest bet of my life.

LSU is just as fast as Oregon but their also a lot bigger and stronger.

Whoever wins the Bama/LSU game will win the national title imo. Stanford has beaten like one team with a winning record. Boise State...good team but definitely not on LSU's level. Oklahoma State wouldn't fair any better than Oregon.

I really don't see a team that can challenge the SEC champion this year.
    Early lines on the LSU/Alabama game is Alabama -4

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Thank you for one of the best reviews I have actually read on here. Your advice has been taken to heart. Good luck to you this weekend with your bets!
    Thanks man.

A lot of people bet on things and really don't even know what they're betting on. When Oklahoma State played Tulsa a ton of people liked Tulsa +14. Among the many uninformed opinions on the game, one of the reasons for taking Tulsa was because they were playing at home. I laughed at that because I live in Tulsa and have been to a ton of TU games. When Tulsa plays OSU or OU, there are more OU/OSU fans there than Tulsa fans. It's usually like 75/25. LOL. In addition, Tulsa was without their best player.

So you had all of these people on this site taking Tulsa against Oklahoma State not even knowing that it was pretty much a home game for OSU and Tulsa was without their star WR. OSU won by 30+. That was another easy bet.

I hope OU destroys K-State but I just don't see it happening. I don't know how you could count on OU right now. Honestly, I expected the line to be around 7.5 to 8.

Don't be pissed if my assessment of the game is incorrect and OU wins by three touchdowns.

Urbanwildlife

How can someone get angry with someone, when the person making a thread starter asks for quality feedback/information on a bet they are considering making. This is the point of making a post, even though I know how many on here are.

You are a person of intelligence, common sense, and reason, as it is very obvious in your writing skills, and the information you provide.

By the way, I did take the stroll to the pay window when OSU defeated Tulsa!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-25-11 at 11:42 PM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    How can someone get angry with someone, when the person making a thread starter asks for quality feebbacl/information on a bet they are considering making. This is the point of making a post, even though I know how many on here are.

You are a person of intelligence, common sense, and reason, as it is very obvious in your writing skills, and the information you provide.

By the way, I did take the stroll to the pay window when OSU defeated Tulsa!
    I like to have fun with people on here from time to time as well. A little smack talk never hurt anyone. With that said, I don't understand why people like to see others lose. We would all be better off if we shared information and tried to help each other out. Instead it's the opposite.

The books have undervalued K-State all season and they have overvalued Oklahoma imo. Sometimes it takes the books time to adjust, especially in college athletics when there are so many teams.

I haven't looked but I can think of three times this season when K-State was an underdog, twice on the road, and won the game outright in pretty convincing fashion.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The books have undervalued K-State all season and they have overvalued Oklahoma imo. Sometimes it takes the books time to adjust, especially in college athletics when there are so many teams.
    i agree with this wholeheartedly man...but my one reservation is two freaking touchdowns at k-state. AT k state. this is different than say, arkansas at ole miss. how in the world could that line hold up if it wasn't somewhat accurate?

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

Old Bill has his team playing, very well. Way above the talent level on paper. OU may struggle a bit with this team. They are BIG. And make very few mistakes. It is KST, and eventually the wheel has to fall off the wagon. I really thought last week stoops would have had his team ready, after the poor play against KU. OU cant afford any let down at all, if they still want a shot at the title. I like the sooners to rebound here.

BigDofBA

OU has no chance at playing for a title unless something miraculous happens.

After their performance Saturday, I don't think they deserve a shot anyway.

Urbanwildlife

Ditto, and that is exactly how I feel about the Baltimore Ravens making it to the Super Bowl after their performance on Monday night. It is not deserving, as champions come to play each and every week with there best efforts.