Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor +13.5

Finally the week where the most over rated team in the country doesnt cover. I won't lie - they have cost me money this year.

Baylor easy cover in this one.
    Last edited by Vin_vermillion; 10-25-11 at 08:17 AM.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

I hope your right, those bastards are heartbreakers!

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Friggin OK St has cost me 8 units this year

Rambo
    Rambo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1916

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Friggin OK St has cost me 8 units this year
    Just curious...how could a team thats 6-1 ATS cost you?

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    because I had them pegged at finishing 8-4 or 9-3 and I have been betting against them the last 3 weeks.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    By being stubborn and betting against them Took Arizona against them and lost 5.5. Took Mizzou and lost 5.5. Only bet I won was a live in play bet on Texas +13. Made back 3 units on that one.

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    By being stubborn and betting against them Took Arizona against them and lost 5.5. Took Mizzou and lost 5.5. Only bet I won was a live in play bet on Texas +13. Made back 3 units on that one.
    Time to buy, Blue - TIME TO BUY!!!!

I still think they finish 9-3 at best. Maybe I will be wrong, but I just dont see it.

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

A&M took care of Baylor, OK Stat @ home do too IMO

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post

I still think they finish 9-3 at best. Maybe I will be wrong, but I just dont see it.
    Yeah I'm going to take a hard look at it for sure. Nebraska nad Wisky are my two top plays as of now though. Looking real hard at GA Tech too.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'd like to take this, but Okie State just kills me.

What's the O/U on this? 110?

coachcfb1
    coachcfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Baylor is really going to struggle to keep up with Okie St in this one. OSU's defense is better than Baylor's by miles. My prediction is 56-35. Nope, no field goals

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

betting on one of the most pathetic d's in college football man. the only way ostate gets stopped is if they turn the ball over, and that hasn't happened lately much at all. you know this tho man, but hey...you keep fading the same team all year and losing you would almost have to be right one week. then you can tell us how we are all squares and you are a sharp...lol. good luck, tho i think they get bitched around almost as bad as kansas did.

Vin_vermillion

it wont make me a sharp, sandman....unless they do go 9-3 or 8-4 -

and if that happens, I will surely make money over all on them.

We shall see....we shall see.

sorry I have such a low opinion of your boys. - please dont take it personally.

sandman0713

oh i don't care about your opinion on them...that is your choice. i just think the baylor d is awful, and if you are throwing money at that team against one of the best o's in the country then you are just reaching. not saying it could never happen, but ostate would have to play bad. kstate, tech, oklahoma...3 games we might lose. we would have to lose to baylor ourselves tho...meaning it doesn't matter what they do if we play well.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I think I heard one of oklahoma st's better players is out?

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    I think I heard one of oklahoma st's better players is out?
    Hubert Anyiam is out the rest of the year...wr. he is good, but ostate is really good and fairly deep at wr. with harrison on the other side of blackmon, this will have no bearing on the game either way.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Funny because Baylor is the overrated team here not the other way around.

Baylor on the road...with their defense LOLLLLLLLLLLLL good luck with that.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

OSU vs Baylor: Just go OSU and don’t look back. OSU -14

Insane: both teams are averaging mid 40’s in points and ~550yards of offense. Jesus. OSU has shown the better defense, holding opponents to an impressive 26 points per game after playing some tough competition. Baylor is allowing 32 points per, and they have also played some strong offensive teams.
    Historically OSU owns this series, going 12-3 ATS vs Baylor since 92’ including a 55-28 victory last year and a 34-7 victory in 09.
    After a loss (ATS) in their first game vs ULL, OSU has reeled off 6 straight covers. Including a 21 point win over Missouri and a 12 point win over Texas in their last 2 outings. The game is in Stillwater which wont help the Bears, who are coming off a bye week. In Baylor’s last outing they were downed by 27 at the hands of Texas A&M. 14 seems like a lot, and it really is but outside of 2005 OSU has won every meeting by more than that number and I don’t feel this one will be any different… and yes every trend in the world leans towards OSU as far as their ATS record under these circumstances. Just go OSU and don’t look back. OSU -14

Gmanpoke
    Gmanpoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

because I had them pegged at finishing 8-4 or 9-3 and I have been betting against them the last 3 weeks.
    My commodity broker told me once "lose your opinion not your money". Pretty good advice I think.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

you had ok state pegged at 8-4?

just wondering how?

there non conference schedule is soft as flowers...

and with that offense didnt really lose much from last year..

i think they end up 11-1 losing to ok last game of the year ... hope im wrong with this ... would like to see ok state vs bama or lsu for the title

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I see a repeat of the Baylor A&M game....Baylor may have the lead for abit in 1h but that will be it

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    you had ok state pegged at 8-4?

just wondering how?

there non conference schedule is soft as flowers...

and with that offense didnt really lose much from last year..

i think they end up 11-1 losing to ok last game of the year ... hope im wrong with this ... would like to see ok state vs bama or lsu for the title

non conference was a joke - you are right.

Had them losing to Texas A&M, oklahoma, Texas and possible losses to mizzou or texas tech

footballfanstan
    footballfanstan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

OSU is A LOT better than Baylor. A ton of points will be scored but Baylor won't be able to keep up with OSU's scoring.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

ballsy play for sure. trying to get stops on okie state is the toughest thing to watch.. seen average-to-good defensive teams like mizzou and texas fail badly at it. can only imagine how a poor baylor unit will fair. okie state's athletes are on a different level - tremendous team strength and speed, and their players don't allow themselves to get tackled easily.. they play very hard through the whistle.

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2531

I still like OK State laying the 14!
    BOL

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

The more I do my due diligence on this game, the more I am liking Oklahoma State for a possible big play. They have the capability of making some stops on defense, where as, Baylor has none. The only way I can see Oklahoma State being stopped is by themselves.

Jettman28
    Jettman28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Take the over cause we know its gonna be a shoot out

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

baylor just had a game where they gave up 680 yards of offense - how can anybody play them in this game??

I'm probably just gonna play the over in this but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see OSU score a TD on every single possession

brahmabull117

LOL it's people like you that are the reason why OKst is 14-4 ATS last 2 seasons

most underrated team in CFB last 2 seasons for gambling purposes. They are a covering machine

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

I loved Baylor +17 but now -13.5 I like. I will admitt OSU has cost me some $ the in the last 2 weeks but they are getting games handed to them from turnovers. Both in the Texas and Missouri games the ONLY reason OSU covered there spreads is from turnovers and not by being underrated. OSU will face an offense as good as there own and will be going against a QB that wont give the game away thus less turnovers for OSU to be given. Expect this game to go down to the wire. Baylor may have a weaker defense but they see an OSU style of offense several days a week. OSU has problems stopping the run and they will have even more of an issue since Baylor will dare them to put more than 7 in the box so Griffin will light there ass up. Griffin is by far the best QB they have faced all year and will present many problems for OSU. Every tough game OSU has faced they have been given the game to them! This team is smoking mirrors and will piss off the public once they fail to cover there INFLATED spread this weekend. I really don't see this line going up but maybe come down as the books will be confident they have the right side this time.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-26-11 at 03:26 AM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    I loved Baylor +17 but now -13.5 I like. I will admitt OSU has cost me some $ the in the last 2 weeks but they are getting games handed to them from turnovers. Both in the Texas and Missouri games the ONLY reason OSU covered there spreads is from turnovers and not by being underrated. OSU will face an offense as good as there own and will be going against a QB that wont give the game away thus less turnovers for OSU to be given. Expect this game to go down to the wire. Baylor may have a weaker defense but they see an OSU style of offense several days a week. OSU has problems stopping the run and they will have even more of an issue since Baylor will dare them to put more than 7 in the box so Griffin will light there ass up. Griffin is by far the best QB they have faced all year and will present many problems for OSU. Every tough game OSU has faced they have been given the game to them! This team is smoking mirrors and will piss off the public once they fail to cover there INFLATED spread this weekend. I really don't see this line going up but maybe come down as the books will be confident they have the right side this time.

How can anybody really back Baylor though after seeing them give up 680 yards in 1 game against TAMU??? 680 yards?? Are you kidding me???

not to mention if you're gonna play Baylor, you might as well just play the OVER anyways - the only way this will be a close game or even an outright win for RG3 and company is with a 49-52 type score

Vin_vermillion

Brah if you had any betpoints I would bet you but....

Vin_vermillion

And lmao @ blue77

Everytime you come into a thread to tell me what a bad bet it is, it wins! Thanks man!!!

makinmoney11
    makinmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vin - you must be effing Crazy.

Okie St rolls in this game. probably same to the score from last year 55-28!

hack850
    hack850's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I am a huge Texas Longhorn fan and follow the Big 12 year end and year out. That being said I have no bias for either team in this game. Oklahoma State is a force to be reckoned with. Could they beat Alabama or LSU? Not likely (maybe 1 out of 20). This team is not overrated though. They can score points at the same pace as Oregon.

The biggest knock that everyone is going to have to say about them is that the defense gives up too many points. Which from the outside looking in is true. However, their defense plays soft to set up turnovers. They rank 103rd yards per game defensively, but rank 65th in points per game defensively. This means that the defense is efficeint. They also have given up alot of garbage yards in the fourth quarter of games because the rout is on and second stringers are getting their playing time in.

Baylor can score points and their quarterback is great no doubt about it. RG3 has struggled against some of the better defenses though. I think he will be effective early, but I believe OK St defense will force turnovers in the second half and blow this game open.

Baylor's defense is almost as bad as Kansas. They rank 95th in yards and 101st in points on defense. This means they are not efficeint, and they have not seen an offense like this.

This game is at OK St and if you have never seen this stadium you cannot begin to imagine how close the fans are to the field. The stadium is desinged to have people right on top of you. It will be loud and crazy for this game.

I know alot of you want to call this a sandwich game for Ok St, but so was Kansas and you saw how that turned out.

The best play in this game and it is crazy to say this, over 79,80 whatever it may be at right now. I do not think Baylor is a play here at all as well. Final score OK St 63 - Baylor 38.

123 Last