JGetty
    CBB Is Rigged
    JGetty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I predict fiu wins 32-24. Covers -6.5 and if total is 54ish im taking over

trc
    trc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting fact I stumbled across....
    Troy has never lost a regular season game that has been broadcast on one of the three primary ESPN channels. The Trojans are 12-3 all time on ESPN with all three losses being post season bowl games.

I was leaning FIU but will take a more in depth look but with both teams not playing well it may just be best to pass

trc
    trc's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry for the double post

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by trc View Post
    Interesting fact I stumbled across....
    Troy has never lost a regular season game that has been broadcast on one of the three primary ESPN channels. The Trojans are 12-3 all time on ESPN with all three losses being post season bowl games.

I was leaning FIU but will take a more in depth look but with both teams not playing well it may just be best to pass

good luck with that. fiu is clearly the better team on paper, and i feel this spread would be above 7 on a weekend. also think it has been shown that if troy can't run they can't do much at all, making the under likely. anyways...i am going with the 2 plays that look easy to me for small 2 units bets. doubt if i even watch the game. gl all tonight. btw...nobody tail me and then complain please. i just threw some numbers out to show the side of the game i am leaning towards. these guys make great points for the troy side as well, and these weeknight games are wacky.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

Troy first 4 games appear to be wayyyyyy different than there last 2 . Did they lose a player ? I see the qb threw like 5 int's in the last 2 games .

huddlma
    huddlma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Troy lost by 25 or 30 last year at home! FIU is a better team...should win big....but why is the line so low? AHH.......

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

game changing inside information will determine this game right over here

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by huddlma View Post
    Troy lost by 25 or 30 last year at home! FIU is a better team...should win big....but why is the line so low? AHH.......
    they lost by 17 last year. the line is so low because the perception of troy...including myself before looking...is that they are a good team. why even sweat it tho? there is no need to unload on a tuesday night sun belt game...and sun belt games are wacky almost to the point of being suspect this year anyways. if you must bet it then just take it small for action, and enjoy.

AB Rookie
    AB Rookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since FIU screwed me last week and I had such a good Sunday playing NFL games i'm wagering on Troy plus the points (currently 7.5 at my book) and small ML wager on Troy. GL everyone.

huddlma

Here's the thing, I really think Troy is terrible, and FIU is mediocre at best.

Yes, traditionally, Troy is a nice ball club. But this season has been a dramatic disappointment. They almost lost to UAB. They had to score 10 points in the 4th to win.

What would the line be if Troy was at home???????????????

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

FIU didn't screw you... Arkansas State was just the better play. I think this week FIU is the better play... true Troy might win, but I dont think vengeance betting is the best way to go about things Good Luck though.

And Sandman, as you noted... some of us are action junkies, and are absolutely hyped for this game lol... Beer+research for weekend games+55" LED.... cant beat it going to be a good evening

Rambo
    Rambo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1916

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    public on FIU. I cannot believe this is even a game that is on a betting radar. we'd probably bet powder puff if it were televised.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Troy did have a week off to prepare for this game.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

RAMBONE you are a wise man.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
    2 of troy's losses to clem and ark, 2 really good teams, covered ATS ark. Fla Int beat louis and lost to duke. Leaning troy +.
    Thinking Troy ML, 5-1 H2H and yeah the schedule favs them for sure...

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    Troy first 4 games appear to be wayyyyyy different than there last 2 . Did they lose a player ? I see the qb threw like 5 int's in the last 2 games .
    half a dozen injuries leaving key players questionable tonight, at least three players ruled academically ineligible in the last two weeks, and some season ending injuries, as well. research and get right back, though. leaning dade county kittens by double digits...

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

[WR] 09/11/2011 - Chip Reeves out for season ( Academics )
    [WR] 08/17/2011 - Jamel Johnson out for season ( Academics )
    [DL] 08/17/2011 - Sidell Corley out for season ( Illness )
    [LB] 09/11/2011 - Johnny Thompson out for season ( Neck )
    [DL] 10/15/2011 - Tony Davis "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Concussion )
    [DL] 10/15/2011 - Shermane TeArt "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Shoulder )
    [ol] 10/23/2011 - Kyle Wilborn "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Shoulder )
    [OG] 10/25/2011 - Jacob Creech out for season ( Knee )

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    [WR] 09/11/2011 - Chip Reeves out for season ( Academics )
    [WR] 08/17/2011 - Jamel Johnson out for season ( Academics )
    [DL] 08/17/2011 - Sidell Corley out for season ( Illness )
    [LB] 09/11/2011 - Johnny Thompson out for season ( Neck )
    [DL] 10/15/2011 - Tony Davis "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Concussion )
    [DL] 10/15/2011 - Shermane TeArt "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Shoulder )
    [ol] 10/23/2011 - Kyle Wilborn "?" Tuesday vs. Florida Intl ( Shoulder )
    [OG] 10/25/2011 - Jacob Creech out for season ( Knee )
    This means what?

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

oh, I don't know...
    something like troy has two academically ineligible wideouts,
    one defensive lineman out for the season with an illness,
    an offensive guard out for the season with a knee injury,
    a linebacker out for the season with a neck injury,
    and both the offensive and defensive lines looking sketchy...
    maybe it doesn't mean anything!

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    This means what?
    congratulations on the gang green comeback win, leetreaper.
    your boy, plaxico found his red zone presence. good stuff! good luck tonight,
    if you decide to play sun belt football. I'm hesitantly rolling on the golden panthers,
    personally... troy has injury problems, academic static, and they're struggling on the road...
    miami can be especially inhospitable when the sun goes down... best of luck!

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    ahh...trends. now i see what you were thinking. i usually don't even glance at them anymore, and i didn't here. thanks man for clearing that up...and gl whatever way you go. btw...i was thinking under too.
    Hey Sand, nice call last Saturday taking OK ST against Mizzou.... Just want to chime in about not looking at trends, all pro cappers do aswell as most big bettors. I'm not saying that they should dictate how you place your bets, they are just another source of information that should be aware of. Here is an interesting one on this game tonight, did you know that the Trojans are 12 - 3 on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU all time. The only 3 they lost is bowl games and 2 of those were in overtime. Just thought this was an interesting trend on this game. I am getting conflicting info wether or not the game is televised tonight but I am on the the Trojans tonight because of the revenge factor of this game and a hunch. The Panthers do not impress me much this year not that the Trojans are that great either but for a small wager the 7 looks good with the over tonight. GL

huddlma

Dime, how can you take Troy? Revenge factor? Hunches? Please!!

On paper, FIU destroys Troy just like they did last year!

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'm not sure if I'm going to bet this. Betting these crappy games beats up the account. Best to save your ammo for the weekend, watch a movie or something. With that said, If I was to bet this I would take FIU laying 6.

I just skimmed the posts, but FIU did blast Troy at home last year for a eye opening 471 rushing yards. Three different players ran for over 100 + yards for FIU. For what it's worth, I have four different sheets that all have FIU covering with margins of victory at 11, 11, 14 and 17.

It was bad enough losing money on the friggin Ravens last night. What was even more painful was burning over 3 hours of my time watching that cluster f*ck of a game. Something tells me that we could see a repeat of gross incompetence tonight. Hey, that's cool when your on the winning side and just laugh. Not so cool when you have the wrong side and have to suffer through the game thinking, wow what was i thinking betting on these clowns. Good luck boys with your choice if you deceide to play.

Dime Time

Quote Originally Posted by huddlma View Post
    Dime, how can you take Troy? Revenge factor? Hunches? Please!!
    '
    On paper, FIU destroys Troy just like they did last year!
    " What's on paper" famous words my brother!!

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

FIU -6 appears the play. Thanks for the input!

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Is Ty Hiltons knee still hurt from last weeks game?

I think the 6 points are
    - This is national TV and FIU rolled Troy last season. Troy is not looking to be embarrassed on national TV.
    - Troy has some close losses (and wins).
    - Untimely turnovers and big plays have killed Troy this season. They play good football then the other team is returning a fumble for 6. This type of stuff seems to happens allot. My problem with this is that when fluke situations happen every game you have to count them as the norm and not so much a fluke. I am more confident in saying there will be a fumble return for td, Interception for td, kick return, or punt return for touchdown than who will win. Troy played in one clean football game and the reason they won that game is because they intercepted a pass on first down, 5 min left, on the other teams 20, then went up for the win by 1.

If Troy doesn't turn over the ball they can win. Problem is that Troys Qb has thrown at least one pick in each game. He has thrown a few pick 6's. Troy has driven the field against good football teams only to get a penalty or turn over the ball in the red zone.

FIU on the other hand has been scoring a low percentage of time in the red zone. This is something that the coaching is said to be working on correcting, but that's easier said then done.
    FIU is a good running team with play makers at the skill spots.
    FIU has had problems with good QB's or QB's that can get outside the pocket. I am not sure (Robinson, Troy) is much of a runner.
    FIU can kick field goals Troy has struggled with anything in the 30 yard range.
    Troy QB throws the ball more with a high % of accuracy but FIU QB has a much better TD to turnover ratio.

First things first is Ty Hilton ready to go? Thats a big question that needs to be answered.
    If Troy plays up to their ability and doesn't give up the big plays then they can win this game. I think that FIU at their best would beat Troy at their best. Troy makes big mistakes almost every game so its hard to see them playing their best football today. The intensity should be there on both sides to keep this game close.

Conference game, national TV, the 6.5 to 6 points is right. At some point Troy makes a mistake and FIU covers the spread. Basically its going to come down to a Robinson pick, fumble return for TD, or a big play on special teams to put FIU ahead.

*per the injury report posted here Troy will be missing starting RG, questionable about starting LG, missing starting DT and questionable backup DT.

FIU -6.5
    Last edited by TroyGreen; 10-25-11 at 05:54 PM. Reason: no changes

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

This game feels like the coin flippiest of coin flips of all the weekday games. I guess if its a coin flip take the points. Most likely I'll take FIU -6 and try to middle at halftime.

jbess
    jbess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

I'm trowing out a teaser on this game, my book has it FLA 7 56, so:

Fla +3
    Troy+16
    Under 66

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

man...this dish network guide sucks ass. wrong half the time. just switched from direct to save some money, but it comes with a lot of drawbacks. just bought a 55 inch tv recently, and dish cuts off like half of my screen with their widescreen wanna-be hd. the guide is always wrong. this shit just resets sometimes no matter if i am watching something or recording something...to download updates every single day. anyways...just had to get that out there...lol.
    Try pushing the * button in the lower left corner of your remote to change your aspect ratio. Also check your guide format (Menu 8, 1)

Dime Time

Quote Originally Posted by TroyGreen View Post

I think the 6 points are
    - This is national TV and FIU rolled Troy last season. Troy is not looking to be embarrassed on national TV.
    - Untimely turnovers and big plays have killed Troy this season. They play good football then the other team is returning a fumble for 6. This type of stuff seems to happens allot. My problem with this is that when fluke situations happen every game you have to count them as the norm and not so much a fluke. I am more confident in saying there will be a fumble return for td, Interception for td, kick return, or punt return for touchdown than who will win. Troy played in one clean football game and the reason they won that game is because they intercepted a pass on first down, 5 min left, on the other teams 20, then went up for the win by 1.

If Troy doesn't turn over the ball they can win. Problem is that Troys Qb has thrown at least one pick in each game. He has thrown a few pick 6's. Troy has driven the field against good football teams only to get a penalty or turn over the ball in the red zone.

FIU on the other hand has been scoring a low percentage of time in the red zone. This is something that the coaching is said to be working on correcting, but that's easier said then done.
    FIU has had problems with good QB's or QB's that can get outside the pocket. I am not sure (Robinson, Troy) is much of a runner.
    Troy QB throws the ball more with a high % of accuracy but FIU QB has a much better TD to turnover ratio.

First things first is Ty Hilton ready to go? Thats a big question that needs to be answered.
    If Troy plays up to their ability and doesn't give up the big plays then they can win this game. I think that FIU at their best would beat Troy at their best. Troy makes big mistakes almost every game so its hard to see them playing their best football today. The intensity should be there on both sides to keep this game close.

Conference game, national TV, the 6.5 to 6 points is right. At some point Troy makes a mistake and FIU covers the spread. Basically its going to come down to a Robinson pick, fumble return for TD, or a big play on special teams to put FIU ahead.

*per the injury report posted here Troy will be missing starting RG, questionable about starting LG, missing starting DT and questionable backup DT.

FIU -6.5
    Good solid info Troy... Your right about Robinson, he can throw the ball around in a quick pace offence, in fact he is ranked 16th in yards completed this season. I really think that the turnovers have really plagued this Trojan team this year as they are usually a solid team every year in recent years. I am expecting a very competitive game tonight.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by TroyGreen View Post

I think the 6 points are

FIU -6.5
    Nice work and writeup.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

TROY ML + Under for fun

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Dime Time View Post
    Hey Sand, nice call last Saturday taking OK ST against Mizzou.... Just want to chime in about not looking at trends, all pro cappers do aswell as most big bettors. I'm not saying that they should dictate how you place your bets, they are just another source of information that should be aware of. Here is an interesting one on this game tonight, did you know that the Trojans are 12 - 3 on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU all time. The only 3 they lost is bowl games and 2 of those were in overtime. Just thought this was an interesting trend on this game. I am getting conflicting info wether or not the game is televised tonight but I am on the the Trojans tonight because of the revenge factor of this game and a hunch. The Panthers do not impress me much this year not that the Trojans are that great either but for a small wager the 7 looks good with the over tonight. GL
    always look at them for nfl because they just seem to matter more there...and i will even bet an nfl game once in a while based almost solely on trends. i just don't like them in ncaa. well, my under looks safe...lol. guess the worst i can do is split if fiu doesn't get it going. thanks for the props on the okie game. been right on them every time this year...tho with only totals before last weekend. think i am gonna lay off them the rest of the season so i don't jinx them...lol.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

the big play that just happened will determine the outcome

After the big play Troy freaks out, (see ULM game)
    If they come back and make a play the game will still be okay

If they freak out,
    Game over and FIU goes on a score spree

Dime Time

always look at them for nfl because they just seem to matter more there...and i will even bet an nfl game once in a while based almost solely on trends. i just don't like them in ncaa. well, my under looks safe...lol. guess the worst i can do is split if fiu doesn't get it going. thanks for the props on the okie game. been right on them every time this year...tho with only totals before last weekend. think i am gonna lay off them the rest of the season so i don't jinx them...lol.
    OK St. should be OK til they play BIG BROTHER, can't wait to see the spread in that game ....

First 123 Last