ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Who else besides me thinking CLEMSON going down this week ??

I like GT!

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

I don't know man. GT lost to ******* Virginia. The same Virginia that has beaten Indiana and Idaho by a combined 4 points. GT has looked pathetic lately and has beaten an FCS squad and Kansas one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson is looking unstoppable. Just can't see a letdown here.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I hope not.Got Clem at 100-1 to win BCS here at SBR!

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

GT is a one trick pony so if clemson can stop the run they should be good.

ZBOIZ

GT will be sky high for this game! Throw out the recent performances because it won't matter

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    GT will be sky high for this game! Throw out the recent performances because it won't matter
    yeah i'm sure clemson will not be excited at all, being undefeated and all that. i mean they really don't have any reason to be up for this game. sounds like a tech fan to me pumping his team.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

I think GT has been lookin forward to this game.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson will win. Georgia Tech's performance has been declining over the last few weeks, since they had their 3 cupcake games to start the season. Clemson, on the other hand, has been consistent in their performance but facing tougher, more capable teams. On average, Clemson's opponents have been about 4 points tougher in my ratings than GTech's average opponent, and Clemson is the best team GTech will face all season, except maybe Georgia in the last week.

But by all means, bet the line down.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-24-11 at 12:01 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their recent performance reflects reality. Their early season games were not really a fair indication of how good the team is because they were against Western Carolina (FCS), Middle Tennessee State (I rank them #108 in the FBS), and Kansas (I rank them #92 in the FBS)

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    I think GT has been lookin forward to this game.
    i won't lie...i haven't even seen clemson play this year. i have seen gt look like a national contender one week and then dog poop the next couple of weeks...but haven't watched clemson. gonna at least tivo this one and watch it later if i don't watch it live. doubt if i bet it other than maybe a total...over should be good for like anything under 100 right?...lol.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    yeah i'm sure clemson will not be excited at all, being undefeated and all that. i mean they really don't have any reason to be up for this game. sounds like a tech fan to me pumping his team.

Actually I'm a die hard LSU Tiger fan! I can care less about GT and the ACC as both of these teams are no threat to my team! Now on to my analysis of this game!

Clemson defense is not fundamentally sound and disciplined! It takes a GOOD defense to stop GT. Clemson does not have a GOOD defense. GT will move the ball up and down the field! I love them in this spot and I'll be taking GT!

ZBOIZ

And if you question my knowledge of the game how about you refer to my NCAA college football thread!

sandman0713

And if you question my knowledge of the game how about you refer to my NCAA college football thread!
    hey...didn't mean to question your great wisdom man. just saying that one liners about so and so gonna be ready and bs facts about the game are all i have seen here. maryland is not a great d, and they shut down gt...and gave up like 56 to clemson. virginia and miami being great d's can surely be debated as well...but whatever. looks like you only wanted people who agree with you to post high fives here and say "let's get it"...no debate on the game. gl man.

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Zboiz, would you classify Miami as disciplined? Assignment football is necessary to stop the option but team speed gives the triple option fits (Miami). I have actually watched Clemson a few times this year but to be honest I really only pay attention when they are on offense.

Is Clemson a fast team sideline to sideline on D?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Over would probably be the better bet.

49erFan8280
    49erFan8280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

I didn't get a chance to watch GT last week, but I did the week before, and they looked pretty bad. I've been watching Clemson every week, and after Boyd's horrible first half against Maryland, he's been lights out. GT hasn't been the point scoring machine the past few weeks, and there's no indication of that changing. Clemson is more than capable of keeping up in a shoot out, but I doubt GT could.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

GT struggles with any semi-athletic (mediocre) defense... as everyone is saying, they are a "one-trick pony" you watch film... see that they have a set # of plays and don't do ANYTHING ELSE, you adjust accordingly and you win people money... Honestly IMO even if Clemson decides to not show up on defense, what makes you think GT has any chance of slowing down this Clemson offensive attack... I think this game will look like GT vs Kansas but with GT switching roles, they will score and look good at times, but Clemson is on another level, and will top 50 for the 3rd game in a row.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** OVER is also a play (Obviously)*****

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Clemson and Georgia Tech are always good games. The last time Clemson was undefeated going into Atlanta GT took them out. Hopefully my tigers want let history repeat itself

ZBOIZ

TroyGreen,

I wouldn't classify Clemson defense as FAST, but they are athletic. They're problem is discipline. They give up a lot of points and I just think the triple option will cause them fits for not being an assignment sound football team. In order to stop the triple option you have to have a defense that pays attention to detail and are fully discipline to there assignments.

** the over also could be a good play, if it's in the 50's!

TroyGreen

TroyGreen,

I wouldn't classify Clemson defense as FAST, but they are athletic. They're problem is discipline. They give up a lot of points and I just think the triple option will cause them fits for not being an assignment sound football team. In order to stop the triple option you have to have a defense that pays attention to detail and are fully discipline to there assignments.

** the over also could be a good play, if it's in the 50's!
    Thanks for the response. Speed without the discipline is never a good thing. I was wondering what was up with the points allowed. I've watched them play and I'm very impressed with the freshman. Clemson has played some close games and so has GT. GT got caught by a team coming off of a bye who from what I read knew the option. Then GT ran into a Miami team with legit team speed on both sides of the ball.

I think this should be an interesting game. I want to learn more about Clemsons D line, linebackers, base set on D.

Anyone know if Clemson has good tackling corners?

TroyGreen

These two teams have been playing each other off and on since 1898.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson Rolls Again!! Clemson by 17+

Georgia Tech sucks and their offense looks weak. Defense is soft and Clemson is unstoppable.

5 units on Clemson

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I would rather take the Clemson team total Over.

hack850
    hack850's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I have seen both of these teams play this year. I was riding the train on GT cashing easily until they played NC St and I pushed because of stupidity by the GT coach. I have been too afraid to jump on the Clemson band wagon waiting for the collapse. After watching the last few weeks there is nothing to suggest that GT keeps it close. Clemson's offense has been getting better every week, and the game against Maryland has given the offense even more confidence. Meanwhile, the exact opposite is true of GT who is gaining fewer yards each week, and is scoring less. I think these 2 schools are going in opposite directions and see this being a 41-24 victory for Clemson.

I would not be shocked if Clemson scores more than that, but I think GT shortens the game with the triple option.

ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

ACC is a terrible conference to bet... Clemson has been the conference's only consistent team, no reason to do anything other than to take them here

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

These teams have played some wild games of late. Tech has won 4 out of the past 5 games, but Clemson won last year. The game is in Atlanta. This should be a wild one.

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

In Atlanta but at the Georgia Dome I believe... Clemson is a couple hours from the city. They win by 10+...

Betting GT lately has been a disaster, even when they win. Clemson just has too many athletes.

ZBOIZ

Sandman were you at ??