John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Michigan State at Nebraska with John Ryan

This is the opening paragraph for the Big showdown in the Big Ten between MSU and Nebraska. Will MSU's amazing last play win over then undefeated Wisconsin carry this team even further? or will Nebraska be just too much for them to hold up in yet another big time opponent?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If this were a regular circumstance, I'd be tempted to take MSU.

With three straight wins over Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin, considering how emotional each one has been and the stakes have risen with each game, I'll likely go with the mental letdown on the road theory and pound Nebraska.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

What was bookmaker opener here?

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

With three straight wins over Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin, considering how emotional each one has been and the stakes have risen with each game, I'll likely go with the mental letdown on the road theory and pound Nebraska.
    You won't be pounding anyone Mr air bettor.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska -4.5 lock of the season calling it now.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

I agree. Like the Cornys in this spot.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I totally disagree, as I will never bet again on Nebraska with a quarterback like they have.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Nebraska is not that good. Defense struggles against the run and offense is to inconsistent. The offense passing game is subpar.

Any other day I'll play Michigan State but they have played some tough games in a row, it can be wear and tear especially with them going on the road.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Nebraska is not that good. Defense struggles against the run and offense is to inconsistent. The offense passing game is subpar.

Any other day I'll play Michigan State but they have played some tough games in a row, it can be wear and tear especially with them going on the road.

I think I'll just play MSU ML, hope they get a lead at some point, and live bet Nebraska ML. This game is really tough to get a read on.

Urbanwildlife

You only need to know one thing, Nebraska very seldom covers, and they have a quarterback by the name of Taylor Martinez. No need to say more.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-23-11 at 10:27 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LovetoSpooge

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

like nebraska at first glance due to intangibles - huge HFA and ripe letdown spot for msu - but need to back away and think about it more, public all over cornhuskers

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Nebraska's offense will really struggle against the great front 7 of Michigan St IMO

but I agree with what NC said about the 3 big wins of MSU and the emotional letdown

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

As a lifelong husker, I can tell you that the skers with T-Tragic at the helm, are not good on offence. Their OC is a holdover from Bill Callahan, and calls an awful game. They under use Burkhead. Their D is very suspect. MSU will score. And NU wont repeat a Comeback like the OSU game. Take the points

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I totally disagree, as I will never bet again on Nebraska with a quarterback like they have.
    this.

nebraskas coach is trash as well, and coaching plays a factor dont forget.

Urbanwildlife

I am also not a Bo Pelini fan GoBlue77.

ck021
    ck021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Michigan state is what I'm thinking momentum and Nebraska doesn't cover

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Thats all it took!

I had MSU for 3 units now im gonna make it 5 units.

Nebraska's QB should be benched & help out the cheerleaders

I hate idiots who think that just cause MSU had a great game last week that they are all gonna be too tired and not wanna play this game! You fuckin moron these kids come pumped and ready to play every week!

" Well they played and beat some real tough competition, so i think this week they will be tired and just not into it to play"

Stupid Cappers & their "system"

MSU 45

Nebraska 27

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    This is the opening paragraph for the Big showdown in the Big Ten between MSU and Nebraska. Will MSU's amazing last play win over then undefeated Wisconsin carry this team even further? or will Nebraska be just too much for them to hold up in yet another big time opponent?
    And John Ryan is the worst capper ive ever seen so i will Fadeeee him, pretty sure he is gonna take Nebraska

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

OUT of AIR for the Spartans, BIG RED ROLLS over the HAPPY GO LUCKY Spartans!!!

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

MSU #2 in total defense
    Cornholers #42 in total defense

MSU wins this.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    As a lifelong husker, I can tell you that the skers with T-Tragic at the helm, are not good on offence. Their OC is a holdover from Bill Callahan, and calls an awful game. They under use Burkhead. Their D is very suspect. MSU will score. And NU wont repeat a Comeback like the OSU game. Take the points
    Actually my man the OC that was a holdover from Bill Callahan is now at Louisville, he was fired after the season last year. Tim Beck is the new OC and he was brought in by Pelini.

I think the Nebraska defense is going to get better as the year goes on. They are starting to switch up their looks up defense and are going back to some of the "Peso" defense that they used in the big 12 instead of the 4-3 they were running since the switch to the Big 10. Tough game I like my huskers to get the win at home in front of loud home crowd but whether they cover or not I have no idea.

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

this is either a pass or MSU. Nebraska was getting trucked at home by OSU before OSU let down. Did they even cover vs Minn?

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Did anyone see how MSU beat Michigan?????? Same thing applies here stop the run and huskers will fold. MSU gaines Gholston this week and Nebraska losts its best defensive player Crick. MSU o-line is finally getting back healthly again.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-26-11 at 04:00 AM.

John Ryan

Nebraska for a 5* Play.

Nebraska is a team that has regrouped since their loss to Wisconsin. They have been a one dimensional offensive team and have limited their pass attempts in every game this season. They have thrown 21 to 23 passes in six straight games so you can easily see this is by design and not a factor of the game flow or numbers on the scoreboard. This game will be vastly different with sophomore quarterback Taylor Martinez able to exploit perimeter matchups that will be assuredly in man coverage.

Spartans will load up the box with seven and eight defensive players and they are arguably one of the most physical units in the country. The will bring pressure targeting the ‘A’ gap on the line of scrimmage. However, this where Martinez can expose the Spartan defense.

Martinez is just a sophomore, but has matured immeasurably over the last few weeks. He is far more accurate than given credit and he has tremendous agility and quickness. His talents will bring added flexibility to the Nebraska offense in this matchup. This flexibility is evident that the Spartans will find out early on that Nebraska is able to mix up the play calls. The Cornhuskers can choose a run-first, pass-second style of offense or reverse the order and apply to any possession.

John Ryan

Moreover:

The Nebraska offensive line will have a significant advantage in this game and I fully expect them to wear down the Spartans defensive front. The Spartans defensive line starters are defensive end, Marcus Rush (6-2, 250) and is a red shirt freshman. Junior defensive tackle Jerel Worthy (6-3, 310). Senior nose tackle Kevin Pickelman (6-4, 288) and sophomore defensive end Denzel Drone (6-2, 262). The average size of the starting Spartans defensive line is 6-3 and 277.5 pounds.

The Nebraska offensive line consists of Senior left tackle Jemarcus Hardrick (6-7, 320). Sophomore left guard Andrew Rodriguez (6-6, 325), Senior center Mike Caputo (6-1, 275), Sophomore right guard Spencer Long (6-4 305), and Senior right tackle Marcel Jones (6-7, 315). The average size of the Cornhusker offensive line is a massive 6-5 and 308 pounds. That is significant size advantage of two inches and 30.5 pounds per player.

Pickma$ter

Moreover: The Nebraska offensive line will have a significant advantage in this game and I fully expect them to wear down the Spartans defensive front. The Spartans defensive line starters are defensive end, Marcus Rush (6-2, 250) and is a red shirt freshman. Junior defensive tackle Jerel Worthy (6-3, 310). Senior nose tackle Kevin Pickelman (6-4, 288) and sophomore defensive end Denzel Drone (6-2, 262). The average size of the starting Spartans defensive line is 6-3 and 277.5 pounds. The Nebraska offensive line consists of Senior left tackle Jemarcus Hardrick (6-7, 320). Sophomore left guard Andrew Rodriguez (6-6, 325), Senior center Mike Caputo (6-1, 275), Sophomore right guard Spencer Long (6-4 305), and Senior right tackle Marcel Jones (6-7, 315). The average size of the Cornhusker offensive line is a massive 6-5 and 308 pounds. That is significant size advantage of two inches and 30.5 pounds per player.
    Whats changed??? D-Tackles and D-ends are almost always smaller in size. Skill, speed and quickness is key not size and you should know that.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    While I hate the "L" word, I am with you on this one Vinny. Let's get it! I agree and am going big on the Cornhuskers.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    Whats changed??? D-Tackles and D-ends are almost always smaller in size. Skill, speed and quickness is key not size and you should know that.
    The point is that MSU has not had to face an offensive line of this mammoth size. They have played four physically tough games in a row and are prone to getting worn down. That's the point. when you have to push bigger bodies around for that many plays over four weeks and then have to go against the Nebraska boys that is a very tough assignment.

SacHusker916
    SacHusker916's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a life-long Husker fan so maybe I have a clearer vision here than most....Stay Away! Over the past few years Nebraska has rarely covered in a game like this, nor won outright. Just because its at home doesn't help either, Memorial Stadium is not the same advantage it once was....Even a pathetic Iowa State team won in Lincoln recently.

Nebraska, as stated above has a suspect defense and suspect offense....If Mich St gets any pressure on Martinez at QB its gonna result in Nebraska having to count on the run game and Michigan St has one of the better run D's as we all know.. Bottom line is Taylor Martinez at QB rarely wins a big game against a solid team, im struggling to name one actually and if you look at Mich St. this year, besides letting Wisconsin score 31 last week they dont allow many points, I think 14 was the most in the previous 5 weeks...

Nebraska may win but I find it hard to believe they will cover, also statistically they play worse in the early games....Pass on this game IMO there are plenty more games out there that look easier than this one... Like I said im a NU fan so hope im wrong but I dont see this anywhere close to a "Lock", at best its a "Possible"

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

The point is that MSU has not had to face an offensive line of this mammoth size. They have played four physically tough games in a row and are prone to getting worn down. That's the point. when you have to push bigger bodies around for that many plays over four weeks and then have to go against the Nebraska boys that is a very tough assignment.

Wisconsin's line is pretty mammoth. Didn't seem to bother MSU.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

At some point Michigan State's got to be worn out. Michigan, Wisconsin and now Nebraska. When and where does a letdown creep in?

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    this is either a pass or MSU. Nebraska was getting trucked at home by OSU before OSU let down. Did they even cover vs Minn?
    Yes, Nebraska covered easily vs. Minny.

Pickma$ter

How does Wisconsin size up????

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Even without the letdown they are on the road for the first in Lincoln . Look what happened when Nebraska went to Wisconsin for their first big ten game.

Pickma$ter

Even without the letdown they are on the road for the first in Lincoln . Look what happened when Nebraska went to Wisconsin for their first big ten game.
    How does this help your case. re-read your statement.

12 Last