BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

If boise was in the sec expect 2-3 losses per year

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bottom Line: No one really cares what you want or what I want. The BCS rules clearly state that Conference Champions are the only teams allowed to play in the Championship Game. This is a stupid post.

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

The winner of the SEC will be your NC just like the previous.....I'm losing count, five seasons?? SEC Football = Faster, Harder Hitting, More Passionate Fan Base (on the verge of lunacy sometimes) and Much More TALENT. I'm a '90 Bama grad and I've got my ticket for Nov 5. Should be one heck of a game.

This post is not meant to discount the teams that Stanford, Oregon, etc. all have but until someone proves they can beat OUR BEST there is no argument.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Kansas St. is a sleeper this year.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    If boise was in the sec expect 2-3 losses per year
    No one is debating that, the fact is they can beat lsu in 1 game. Alabama will get floored by lsu so there's no reason to have a rematch.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Right now it looks like it will be Alabama/LSU winner vs. Stanford, since I don't see Ok State going undefeated. i WISH it would be Boise State instead, but I doubt they'll finish ahead of Standford once the Cardinal beat Oregon handily, since Boise really has nobody left on their schedule.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

what will be interesting is if oregon beats stanford and ok state loses

and boise or clemson go undefeated

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    what will be interesting is if oregon beats stanford and ok state loses

and boise or clemson go undefeated
    I think Boise makes it in that scenario. I personally think Clemson is garbage and has actually played a weaker schedule than even Boise.

Elysee26

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    No one is debating that, the fact is they can beat lsu in 1 game. Alabama will get floored by lsu so there's no reason to have a rematch.
    Just curious how you got Bama getting floored by LSU? Care to break that down or are you just a hater?? IMHO home field is huge and we certainly have the better coach. We could debate talent for days, but every major handicapper I've seen (Jeff Sagarin Power Ratings, Brian Edwards at Vegas Insider, etc. all) have Bama as the top team in the country. Might need to think a little before you post.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Elysee26 View Post
    Just curious how you got Bama getting floored by LSU? Care to break that down or are you just a hater?? IMHO home field is huge and we certainly have the better coach. We could debate talent for days, but every major handicapper I've seen (Jeff Sagarin Power Ratings, Brian Edwards at Vegas Insider, etc. all) have Bama as the top team in the country. Might need to think a little before you post.
    NOT true, Sagarin has LSU at #1 and -1.5 over Alabama on neutral field.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Alabama will get floored by lsu so there's no reason to have a rematch.
    Dude, take off your yellow LSU glasses, Tide has more than enough defense to neutralize the run, which forces Lee to throw, and lets face it, he is overrated at that, allowing Mr. Upshaw, and Mr. Gentry and his buddies to sit down Mr. Lee a few times, because like it or now, Tides defensive front is better than the LSU o line that protects Mr. Lee, but if you think LSU will blow out the Tide, you are in for a rude awakening.

Elysee26

I stand corrected. Guess we will have to wait 2 weeks to settle this issue. Know it wasn't your post but don't see anyone getting "floored."

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysee26 View Post
    I stand corrected. Guess we will have to wait 2 weeks to settle this issue. Know it wasn't your post but don't see anyone getting "floored."
    your right, my post was exaggarated. I think lsu is the better team though. Should be a good one either way

stevenash

your right, my post was exaggarated. I think lsu is the better team though. Should be a good one either way
    It is going to be a great one, nobody is going to floor anybody.

LT Profits

I'm in line with Sag, I think it will be hard not to take LSU at +3.5 or higher

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Dude, take off your yellow LSU glasses, Tide has more than enough defense to neutralize the run, which forces Lee to throw, and lets face it, he is overrated at that, allowing Mr. Upshaw, and Mr. Gentry and his buddies to sit down Mr. Lee a few times, because like it or now, Tides defensive front is better than the LSU o line that protects Mr. Lee, but if you think LSU will blow out the Tide, you are in for a rude awakening.
    It sounds like you think Alabama is considerably better, so I disagree with the both of you. I make LSU -1 on neutral.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    It sounds like you think Alabama is a *little* better.
    Fixed your post.

My opinion

Edge to LSU running backs.
    Edge to Tides QB
    Edge to Tides defense
    Edge to LSU offense

I think the game gets decided by a turnover, Lees trunover

28 24 Tide

LT Profits

Fixed your post.

My opinion

Edge to LSU running backs.
    Edge to Tides QB
    Edge to Tides defense
    Edge to LSU offense

I think the game gets decided by a turnover, Lees trunover

28 24 Tide
    Sounds good except I don't expect 52 points scored. Oh and I think the defenses are pretty even.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

I can see Stanford in the BCS title game if they run the table.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

I'm torn about what I'd like to happen. A part of me wants Boise in the NCG, due to the David vs Goliath aspect. A Boise win against Bama or LSU would be epic. Giants over Pats epic.

Another part of me wants Ok. St. to run the table because, if they do they are the TRUTH, and there would be no denying their run to get to the big game.

It will be Boise, although TCU is gonna give them a major scare. Clemson will also go unbeaten but will be cast aside for the feel good story. Ok. St. has a brutal remaining schedule and will lose one. Stanford will get beaten by Oregon, who may be the 2nd best team in the country for the 2nd straight year. K. State gets beat by Ok. St.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

The original post is an asinine statement to make with another six weeks to play in the regular season.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Kansas St. is a sleeper this year.

They have a brutal schedule coming up , 4 ranked teams up next.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

sorry guys, but this thread is really dumb. yes the sec is the best conference in football right now. yes the winner of this game will be likely to win the national championship. to call it a travesty if they don't play again is complete bs. the proud winner of the sec will go to the nc and play the winner of another conference...whoever that may be. if they win sec fans can stand tall another entire year knowing their conference dominates college football. if they happen to lose then the door is wide open for all kinds of debate. to say this type of matchup should not take place yearly is nonsense, because otherwise all you have is this conference being measured against itself. i would love to see the ostate o compete against one of those powerful d's...or just a completely insane clemson team would be exciting...but whoever it is deserves it, and it is how things need to be. if it is boise then it is boise...let them play so we can end that debate. point is it needs to be decided on the field EVERY YEAR. this is coming from a big 12 fan...the only travesty would be if both of these teams were to drop a game and be left out of the nc.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Georgia was #2 in 2007 and probably the 2nd best team in the nation at the time when ESPN went on a rampage about there's no way they should be in the BCS title game because they didn't win their own division. LSU eventually leaped about 5 spots in the poll and was put in the game. If the loser is put in the BCS championship it's complete double standard bullshit.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Best 2 teams in the country should play again for BCS title.

Why start now?

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    First off that Bama team had a couple of players suspended. Not to mention they were not exactly on a high after getting their NC hope crushed in the SECCG. Second off this Boise team isn't even close to being the same team as the Boise from last year. Third off LSU and Bama are two of the most dominant teams in the past 20 years. Look at the scores, they aren't just winning but doing it easily.

yada yada yada

KKoz9

^
    Boise State does not belong in this conversation Kerry

Been hearing that for 5+ years now...people are afraid or just naive

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    Boise doesn't deserve to be in the NC game with their schedule, FACT.

OPINION, and you know what they're like...

First 123