brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

One Thing We Learned This Week Guys

never lay big road chalk unless you're dealing with a super dependable team like LSU or Stanford

we had West Virginia and Arkansas fail miserably to cover 2 spreads in games that they should have won by about 24 points each. Hell UCF lost outright to arguably the worst team in the entire country (UAB). Never again road chalk unless it's LSU, Boise, Stanford, etc...

Last edited by brahmabull117; 10-22-11 at 09:25 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Define "dependable". Your rule is completely arbitrary...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Nothing new, its not the big chalk, its the timing on the schedule and the fact those teams were playing on the road and semi-late in the season.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Brahma you looking like you were right about Stanford... I apologize sir

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Define "dependable". Your rule is completely arbitrary...

the teams that have looked close to unstoppable so far this year - LSU, Stanford, Boise (despite their first poor performance this week), Bama, Oklahoma State, etc...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the teams that have looked close to unstoppable so far this year - LSU, Stanford, Boise (despite their first poor performance this week), Bama, Oklahoma State, etc...
    Right. And when Stanford goes on the road to face Oregon State and USC in the next two weeks and are undoubtedly heavy road chalk, they'll be good bets because they looked unstoppable vs their soft first half opponents? No...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Right. And when Stanford goes on the road to face Oregon State and USC in the next two weeks and are undoubtedly heavy road chalk, they'll be good bets because they looked unstoppable vs their soft first half opponents? No...

to be fair, USC and ASU are quality opponents. I don't expect Stanford to cover both those games (although it wouldn't surprise me at all)

and I wasn't saying that every road chalk with the unstoppable teams is a great play, it just depends on the situation. My point of this thread is that big road chalk with decent teams is a recipe for failure...never again

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i learned that air force is a pain in the ass the way they run the clock and play the option/lateral bs run game. you cannot cap that team.

gunnersgun
    gunnersgun's Avatar Become A Pro!

also learned wilson is an overrated bum with zero clutchness that folds on the big stage and wisco was way overrated taking on garbage big 10 opponents