Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

TX Tech +30 @ OK - What? Is Vegas Serious?

This is about as easy a pick as their has ever been. Oklahoma has to play a 100% perfect game to cover the spread on this game. Not gonna happen. Tech is gonna score some points. No way they get beat by 5 scores. It would take them turning the ball over 5-6 times and having just a nightmare of a game. Nope. They're gonna be pumped for this game. Always are. Take the points.

A teaser of Tech and the over is even better.

45-27 Oklahoma

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    They're gonna be pumped for this game. Always are

they lost by 38 points last year in this matchup in a game that Oklahoma could have won by 60 if they didn't take their foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter (OU scored 38 points just at halftime). 2 Years before that, OU beat TT 65-21 at home in an even worse beatdown

this is a terrible matchup for Texas Tech - their short passing high tempo gimmick offense does not work against a defense with the conditioning, speed and athleticism that OU's defense has. They will dominate the game and Oklahoma's offense should go up and down the field with ease on the swiss cheese defense of TT

Look for a 55-14 maybe 55-21 type score in this one
    Points Awarded:

chrisharvard01 gave brahmabull117 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Romocide

What matter is how they've looked this year. Have lost by a combined total of 12 points to two very good teams in T A&M and K. State. Both games that they could have won. This team has a fighting mentality. They play hard until the end. They won't let an early deficit deflate them. As some point in the game, Ok will take their foot off the gas, and Tech will still be playing hard. That equals garbage time points. Ok is just lucky that they didn't play them last week because Tech, given the opportunities that Kansas had, would have upset them.

And the Sooners aren't holding them to 14 points. Tech is the 9th best scoring team in the country. The 6th best offense in the country. Put up 34 and 40 points against 2 top 10 teams this year. They're gonna get theirs.
    Last edited by Romocide; 10-20-11 at 02:41 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    What matter is how they've looked this year. Have lost by a combined total of 12 points to two very good teams in T A&M and K. State. Both games that they could have won. This team has a fighting mentality. They play hard until the end. They won't let an early deficit deflate them. As some point in the game, Ok will take their foot off the gas, and Tech will still be playing hard. That equals garbage time points. Ok is just lucky that they didn't play them last week because Tech, given the opportunities that Kansas had, would have upset them.

Texas Tech also plays a lot better at home than road which you're forgetting. For example, they usually play tough at home vs OU but get their doors blown off when they travel to Oklahoma

TT has also yet to face a team with the defensive speed and athleticism all across the board like OU. They won't allow more than 21 points and Landry Jones and company should score 50+ points with ease

the other thing is that OU played very flat last week against Kansas so you know Stoops chewed their asses out all week in practice. They won't get outworked 2 weeks in a row and if they play hard, they will win by 35+

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

forget it brah...this is clearly someone who can't look past the obvious exterior and focus on matchups. find me another team romo who have held tech to less than 300 yards in 3 or 4 of their last 10 meetings...ou has. this game is a beatdown, and that is why the total is rising. don't know if it quite ends with a cover or not, but if it doesn't you will certainly have to sweat it out. 17-21 points at the very tops for tech.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm an OU alumni and goto a lot of games. I doubt they covet this.

48-24 seems about right. It seems like everytime we play Tech they always get these garbage TDs late when we have our third string in.

OU could be up 48-10 with our backups and Tech will be stopping the clock and doing all sorts of stupid things.

Tech sucks this year but they will score just enough to cover after OU gets up big and loses interest.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm an OU alumni and goto a lot of games. I doubt they covet this. 48-24 seems about right. It seems like everytime we play Tech they always get these garbage TDs late when we have our third string in. OU could be up 48-10 with our backups and Tech will be stopping the clock and doing all sorts of stupid things. Tech sucks this year but they will score just enough to cover after OU gets up big and loses interest.

what do you think about the first half for this play?

BigDofBA

I like it.

Then take Tech second half.

I told people to take KU first half last week. Then everyon took KU in the second half for some reason and OU won by 30.

BigDofBA

OU steamrolls teams in the first half at home. The only exception I can think of is Mizzou at home this year but Mizzou has a good defense, can run the ball, and their QB can scramble away from pressure.

Tech had a lousy defense, can't run the ball, and Douchee won't be able to run away from our pass rush.

After a poor performance in the first half last week against KU, I expect OU to start fast this week.

I have a feeling OU will force som early turnovers in this game and put Tech away early.

I don't like the total for the game because Tech will be doing everything they can to score late even when our backups are in.

Tech isnt anywhere near what they were when Leach coached them.

You should check out the Tech/K-State thread from last week. Everyone though Tech was the best play on the board and that game played out exactly how I said it would.

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the points here. OK couldn't score touchdowns in 6 trips to the redzone against Kansas State last week. I am taking the points here. GL

BigDofBA

I agree with taking the points for the game.

Red Zone offense was an emphasis in practice this week for OU. Expect them to slow down their tempo when they get down there this week.

I like OU first half and Tech second half.

You migt get a better line than + 30 if you wait until halftime.

brahmabull117

I agree with taking the points for the game. Red Zone offense was an emphasis in practice this week for OU. Expect them to slow down their tempo when they get down there this week. I like OU first half and Tech second half. You migt get a better line than + 30 if you wait until halftime.

I'd be very scared taking Texas Tech in this game

TT's defense is so atrocious that I wouldn't be surprised to see Oklahoma lead this game like 65-14 in late 3rd quarter which would be impossible to backdoor

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

POUND POUND POUND the over

i going to do a big 12 parlay this week
    OSU-MIZZOU OVER
    A&M -20.5
    KSU -11
    OU-TECH OVER

sandman0713

OU steamrolls teams in the first half at home. The only exception I can think of is Mizzou at home this year but Mizzou has a good defense, can run the ball, and their QB can scramble away from pressure. Tech had a lousy defense, can't run the ball, and Douchee won't be able to run away from our pass rush. After a poor performance in the first half last week against KU, I expect OU to start fast this week. I have a feeling OU will force som early turnovers in this game and put Tech away early. I don't like the total for the game because Tech will be doing everything they can to score late even when our backups are in. Tech isnt anywhere near what they were when Leach coached them. You should check out the Tech/K-State thread from last week. Everyone though Tech was the best play on the board and that game played out exactly how I said it would.
    very nice post man...ty. after thinking about what you posted i think this is the one more play i was looking for saturday. i wish i had never put money on the game with ou - the points, but too late. don't usually play half lines, but this 1st half looks very good to me. btw people, i don't think anyone here is saying that tech is not capable of a backdoor cover. i think people are just saying that this game is not going to be close at all...and if you take tech the best you could prolly hope for is a backdoor late. ou is completely capable of beating them by 50+ if they choose to do so.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

The line is climbing because of how bad Tech's defense is (giving up way too many points). The question is whether Tech's offense (which is decent) can keep up and put up points against OU's very good D. However, I'd hate to see so many missed opportunities by OU again like last week.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Great thread guys

Romocide

TX Tech with a nice start to the game. We'll see if they can keep it up.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma's offense isn't doing shit tonight

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

just like last week vs kansas when will i ever learn oh well its early

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

oklahoma is not winning this game

Pew Pew
    Banned

If OU is a first half team... then yes... OU backers are fuucked...

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

wow ou blows

Pew Pew
    Banned

fuuuck choklahoma...

Romocide

Major upset possibility going on here. OU will make it a game before all is said and done. I have a TT +30/Over 70 parlay and a very very small wager on TT ML that I made for shits and giggles. I still think, odds are, OU comes back and wins, I just want the over to hit. A TT win would be just be a little bonus.

chrisharvard01

Holy shit!!!!!

I'm sure there are people that will say OU is whore shit and they knew it all along......

chrisharvard01

Great thread man, you really blew the doors off this game when everyone told you no way it could happen. Cheers.

Romocide

Thank ya, sir.

sandman0713

i guess ou doesn't play first halfs anymore. hope they start out that way against us first half...lol. 2 things almost certain here:

1. my oklahoma -30 is a loser

2. tech will most likely still lose this game

once my bet on oklahoma is done tho i want them to lose str8 up. just seriously doubt it happens, and i doubt tech scores 2nd half. maybe i just overrate ou...prolly. congrat's to any with the easy +30.

Romocide

OU stopping TT on 4th and Goal was huge. I like the idea of going for it there, and trying for the knockout blow, but those 3 points would be pretty nice to have right now.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    they lost by 38 points last year in this matchup in a game that Oklahoma could have won by 60 if they didn't take their foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter (OU scored 38 points just at halftime). 2 Years before that, OU beat TT 65-21 at home in an even worse beatdown

this is a terrible matchup for Texas Tech - their short passing high tempo gimmick offense does not work against a defense with the conditioning, speed and athleticism that OU's defense has. They will dominate the game and Oklahoma's offense should go up and down the field with ease on the swiss cheese defense of TT

Look for a 55-14 maybe 55-21 type score in this one
    Oops.

Romocide

In a perfect world, OU ties it up so that I hit the over in my parlay. Then TT kicks a FG with no time remaining for the win.

Romocide

Lol, this is even better. There's the over. Close this one out now TT.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Nice call.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

The number 3 team losing to an unranked team. LOL! it's been a crazy ride today.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

You need OU in a 30 team teaser or you got torched

12 Last