Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

This is real news, line will move in just a few minutes.

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Not at all PlayTheSpread, as my post above was actually made as gesture of thanking you, quite the contrary of how you perceived it. Your assessment of me is also totally wrong, as I am a very humble person, but have a big dislike for those that have to brag. Successful people keep low profiles has always been my experience, and feel no need to brag about themselves. Anyway, thank you for your kind words!
    You? Humble? That's a fuckn joke! Why do you insist on taking a post and turning it into something it was never intended for?

Look at it this way....if I had said a friend told me about this as opposed to a "source", would that have made it better? Do you think I sit on The Reveille web site all day waiting for a breaking story? Use your head before you post shit like this bro....you'll be much more respected.

PlayTheSpread

Just hit ESPN

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    The line won't move much??? Tyrann Mathieu is a Heisman candidate, and if you've seen him play, he's worth 7 points lol.
    no way

mathieu is great but he did nothing in that last tennessee game and the tigers still won by 31 on the road.

LSU still has a great pass rush and they have great DBs behind mathieu, they'll be fine. Ware injury means nothing because the RBs behind him are about the same level of talent

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

With all respect towards you PlayTheSpread, my intentions in my post as I stated previously, was to thank you for posting the information, and was not posted with no malice what so ever, one hundred percent the opposite. I am sorry you read into it differently than what my intentions were.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Bodog has it scratched...

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

As PlayTheSpread stated above, here is the announcement from ESPN.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n-spencer-ware

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    no way

mathieu is great but he did nothing in that last tennessee game he did nothing and the tigers still won by 31 on the road
    Great secondary players will often do nothing. Do you see why? No wait, nevermind, you won't.

PlayTheSpread

The line won't move much??? Tyrann Mathieu is a Heisman candidate, and if you've seen him play, he's worth 7 points lol.
    Yeah, I've never seen him play.

brahmabull117

Great secondary players will often do nothing. Do you see why? No wait, nevermind, you won't.

my point was he didn't make any big plays and LSU still won comfortably.

Hell, I saw him get burned a couple times as well as give up a first down on a play because he went for the strip instead of just tackling the guy on a 3rd down

LSU has the defensive personnel to rather easily withstand this kind of injury. It would be a much much more serious issue if they lost Jarett Lee or Ruben Randle because they are a lot thinner on that side of the ball

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ware is the leading rusher for unbeaten LSU with 512 yards and six touchdowns. They lost him also. The line will drop.

PlayTheSpread

Ware is the leading rusher for unbeaten LSU with 512 yards and six touchdowns. They lost him also. The line will drop.
    Don't get me wrong...I hope it drops! This team is loaded with RB's.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Yeah, the line will probably drop, but it is not going to drop 7 points because of the honey badger

brahmabull117

Dude Ford and Blue (his backups) average about a yard more per carry than ware

that loss means nothing

PlayTheSpread

Simon is the third so that means 2 CB's. What are these guy's thinking? Apparently they're not.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    Simon is the third so that means 2 CB's. What are these guy's thinking? Apparently they're not.

I'm worried about the secondary now

Is Ron brooks a good cornerback???

PlayTheSpread

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I'm worried about the secondary now Is Ron brooks a good cornerback???
    I think he's a senior and has plenty of time on the field. He's played on special teams since he was a freshman....that's about all I know

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

This changes not much for LSU..i got them -16 with a teaser so

PlayTheSpread

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    This changes not much for LSU..i got them -16 with a teaser so
    Not so much for this game...if it's multiple, will be bad in Tuscaloosa. I'm going to let it drop and then hammer it. Only dropped half point in my book so far. I really don't think it's going to drop a lot. Could be wrong...just my opinion

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, the two suspensions will not hurt LSU's chances to cover dramatically. LSU is pretty deep at DB, and should be able to replace Mathieu without too much of a talent drop. I have heard it's possible Simon (DB) could potentially be suspended, which would affect LSU's nickel package. As for Ware, yes he is the starting RB, but LSU is extremely deep at the RB position and should still have a good running game vs. auburn. Mathieu is a turnover machine, so if you've incorporated turnovers in your projections you should re-analyze the game. You lose the downhill hard nosed running game from ware, but Michael Ford is a great replacement because of his strength and speed and Alfred Blue (RB3) has shown that he has a great set of skills and can be a starter down the road. Prior to the news, I was not planning on betting this game at all. But if you LSU backers are worried because you already laid down the green, rest easy because it shouldn't have a huge impact on the game. BOL

PlayTheSpread

Just heard it could be performance enhancing drugs...not recreational. Not solid info at this point however. What I don't know is the penalty for these the same?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtiger View Post
    Honestly, the two suspensions will not hurt LSU's chances to cover dramatically. LSU is pretty deep at DB, and should be able to replace Mathieu without too much of a talent drop. I have heard it's possible Simon (DB) could potentially be suspended, which would affect LSU's nickel package.

yea but how much will LSU really play nickel in this game??

Auburn doesn't have much of a threat in the pass game and LSU can always put one of their backup safeties for their nickel corner position anyways

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea but how much will LSU really play nickel in this game?? Auburn doesn't have much of a threat in the pass game and LSU can always put one of their backup safeties for their nickel corner position anyways
    Not insinuating that LSU will be using their nickel package as much as they do vs. other teams. I'm just making it clear that it would effect the package if Mathieu and Simon were declared ineligible, whether or not they use the package is another argument.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtiger View Post
    Not insinuating that LSU will be using their nickel package as much as they do vs. other teams. I'm just making it clear that it would effect the package if Mathieu and Simon were declared ineligible, whether or not they use the package is another argument.

yea they should be fine though. Brooks is very good and LSU's backup safeties are good too

I would be much much more worried if they lost Lee, Ruben Randle or any one of their big up front guys

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

i don't see much different on the spread 21.5 at most books

luckythansmart
    luckythansmart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by bspring View Post
    LOL this literally was published 8 minutes ago on a student newspaper, let ESPN get this going... you think the line would move this fast?

doesnt matter losing your best back and your 2nd best defensive playmaker... it hurts a little lol
    like I said it doesn't matter .... instead of winning by 50 they'll win by 30

First 12