jcljack25
    jcljack25's Avatar Become A Pro!

For all you saying Vegas likes FL

Look at how the line is moving towards Ok. I think Vegas knows FL wins and needs to get it at 50-50 or better.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by jcljack25 View Post
    Look at how the line is moving towards Ok. I think Vegas knows FL wins and needs to get it at 50-50 or better.
    Ya we are watching the line and it has gone from -3 to -6. What are you smoking?

The money and public is on Florida.

GO OU!!!

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jack Vegas ideally wants every game to be 50 50 right now the # of dollars that are in on Florida are something like 10 to 1, also think about this, people are still taking florida moneyline at the higher moneyline, I think it is -240 now. Think how much extra money that is for them when Oklahoma wins straight up.

jcljack25

Husk - the line is moving higher to get more people to take OK, why would they want more people to take Ok if they think Ok will win?

Strict - you have a point with the 50-50, just as I stated but when Vegas thinks they got it right, they leave it alone.

strictlywinners

Not true, I have a question for you, are more people taking Oklahoma, every Florida backer keeps saying they win by 2 tds easy they win by 3 tds easy. So for them this line movement means nothing. What Vegas is doing to maximizing the amount of money they can get out of a florida loss. Lets say you want to put a G on Florida moneyline at -160, so you lose 1600, now the line is at -240, in your head you feel that it is that much more of a lock, also it has already been stated that Florida is going to win by 2 tds, so you say what the hell this can't lose, but now when you lose you lose 2400 instead of 1600, big difference.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

FLa covers 3, not sure about 6 though.
    the public isnt always wrong.
    even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days

jcljack25

Strict, we'll have to meet at the Tick Tock and discuss it. LOL

I still say FL wins and I was betting that before I even saw a line because I think their speed on D is more than Ok can handle. Look for the FL safety to give you a pick 6.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by jcljack25 View Post
    Husk - the line is moving higher to get more people to take OK, why would they want more people to take Ok if they think Ok will win?

Strict - you have a point with the 50-50, just as I stated but when Vegas thinks they got it right, they leave it alone.
    Are you REALLY that uneducated about sports gambling?? I really hope you dont wager real money.

Vegas add juice to each game. In a perfect world they would get 50% of the people on one side and 50% on the other side. Vegas doesnt like to gamble.... they just want to win the juice. The fact that the line is going up means a TON more money is being wagered on FLorida and they NEED people to bet on OU to even out the bets.... so they ARENT gambling on the game.

But if you know ANYTHING about Vegas and sports gambling..... the "public" is wrong more often the right. The "public" money probably have seen OU and Florida play maybe once. The "public" hasnt watched almost every game these 2 teams played and been to a couple games and seen these two teams live. The "public" probably dont realize that Spurrier outcoached himself out of the FLorida game.... trying silly trick plays in the 1st Q causing them to be down 21-0 in the 1st. The public probably cant tell you what kind of defense OU runs and what their game plan is for Harvin. The public probably doesnt know where OU and Florida rank in special teams. So just because Joe The Plumber thinks that Florida is the best team in the last 100 years because he heard someone say it on tv doesnt mean that I am going to not feed my family this month.

While the "suckers" are betting on Florida I'll be cashing in on OU!

Happy 2009!!

strictlywinners

I'm with you all the way Husker.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

"The public probably doesnt know where OU and Florida rank in special teams."

OC
    OC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had a pretty strong lean towards Florida until now. Play with a local book so I won't get it in until later and will probably be 6 1/2 to 7 by then. As sad as it sounds, this may be a no play or small play at best on the Gators. Rather not play just to play. Just don't think OU can handle the Gator offense and like the Fla defense over OU as well. But 7? Gotta get an on line account lol. Any thoughts on the total? BOL to everyone on this final game.

Husker36

If I had to bet the O/U I would lean towards the over.

Florida will not shut down OU. OU will score 35+.....and if you listen to everyone on here..... Florida is going to drop 70+ on OU.... so that's 105!

Dana4U
    Dana4U's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the thoughts on the over/under at 69.5?

I'm leaning towards the over given the perfect weather conditions in Miami.

Husker36

I like the over.......

OU should be able to put up ATLEAST 31+
    and the Florida backers are all promising 70+ from Florida!

OC
    OC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the concise yet sarcastic lean Husker I liked the over as well but I thought the same on the Monday and Tuesday games

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

We're closing in on title time, Men.

I haven't even looked at a line today or any consensus. Big 10 OSU covering and the under hitting was a big consensus loser. Will the bettors face another losing prop tonight? Soon, we will know. I am just rooting for a good game tonight. How bad is it that we're drawing close to no football for yet another season? Sad feeling for many of us.

GL