spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spladle08 Week 8 Write ups

These are lines that caught my eye, I am open to about any and all requests so feel free to add any games I may be overlooking. I haven't included any totals yet but if you know me, several are to come.
    Sorry if anyone tailed me in NFL, I didn't put in the time and it came back to bite me. I will do better this week.

Just compiling the list, I should have half of tomorrow off from work and all of Wednesday, so no later than Wednesday afternoon, I should have everything ready to go, Good luck Everyone*

WVU-13.5 vs Syracuse
    NIU -14 vs Buffalo
    OSU -7 vs Missouri
    WMU -13 vs E. Michigan
    TA&M -20 vs ISU
    Temple -13 vs BG
    Oregon -32 vs Colorado
    Nebraska -24 vs Minny
    TT +28 vs OU
    Stanford -21 vs Wash
    Wisconsin -9 vs MSU
    Points Awarded:

LSUtiger gave spladle08 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

just wanted to say thanks man for taking the time to do these each week. there is a lot of useless garbage here to sort thru, so it is really nice to see somebody contribute something good and useful.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Spladle on you with all of them as usual! except Wisconsin.... Not sure on TT... Oklahoma really doesnt like them so that one could get out of hand.

Dont know enough about the directional Michigan schools except their outputs vs. the big ten schools, so I may tail you there, but know Eastern is a really awful football team and western has some talent, with Carder and a few others.

Bucky buck
    Bucky buck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    just wanted to say thanks man for taking the time to do these each week. there is a lot of useless garbage here to sort thru, so it is really nice to see somebody contribute something good and useful.
    X2......well said, and i couldnt agree more. kudos spadle....

spladle08

Thanks guys, hope we do well this week.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF is up with the Nebraska line? No one thinks this line is WAY short? Shouldnt it be like Nebraska -35?

collie
    collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Love the W Virginia play. Also echoing the thanks from the other guys here

spladle08

Agreed Vin line seems weird Minny has been terrible, and I think the NIU vs Buffalo line is far off as well but maybe research will turn out different. Any others you think I should check out.

YW Collie

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me and you spadle seem to be on alot of the same games each week. I love nebraska vs a pathetic minnesota team! and also love texas tech +28...Texas tech can score and i expect them to atleast get 24-38 this weekend so i think +28 is nicee. check out this 3 team parlay i got..also bought a point here n there..

Nebraska -23.5
    Kansas St -10
    Texas Tech +28.5

I also locked in 4 units on Wake -3

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

OSU -7 vs Missouri
    TA&M -20 vs ISU
    TT +28 vs OU
    Stanford -21 vs Wash
    Wisconsin -9 vs MSU

I like all of those. Bought a half pt on TT, OSU and Stanford. I don't know enough about the others you have listed. Looking forward to the write ups.

I also really like K State -11.5 especially buying it down to -9.5.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

$75 to win $344

spladle08

Yeah KSU has been playing great football, and Wake should win by 10+ I am adding both of those to my list.. thanks

NostraDanUS
    NostraDanUS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Splad, please check out washington state -3.5. THANKS

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    These are lines that caught my eye, I am open to about any and all requests so feel free to add any games I may be overlooking. I haven't included any totals yet but if you know me, several are to come. Sorry if anyone tailed me in NFL, I didn't put in the time and it came back to bite me. I will do better this week. *Just compiling the list, I should have half of tomorrow off from work and all of Wednesday, so no later than Wednesday afternoon, I should have everything ready to go, Good luck Everyone* WVU-13.5 vs Syracuse NIU -14 vs Buffalo OSU -7 vs Missouri WMU -13 vs E. Michigan TA&M -20 vs ISU Temple -13 vs BG Oregon -32 vs Colorado Nebraska -24 vs Minny TT +28 vs OU Stanford -21 vs Wash Wisconsin -9 vs MSU
    Let me echo everyone else and say thank you for taking the time to post these. You seem to put thought into your plays and you add to intelligent discussion on this board, which sometimes is severely lacking. Now, onto the games... I love NIU - 14 against Buffalo at first glance, but haven't done any research yet. Logic tells me Western Michigan should throttle Eastern Michigan, but I thought Central was going to clobber Eastern Saturday also, and that didn't happen. However, Western is much better than Central and Eastern, so overall I like this play. Oklahoma St should clobber Mizzou. Love that one. Temple seems to be a good value just about every week as they continue to get no respect from linesmakers. WVU and Stanford should cover, but Washington is Stanford's toughest test to date. I'm going to have to look into this one more. No opinion on Oregon. Nebraska should blast Minny, but I don't trust them.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    Me and you spadle seem to be on alot of the same games each week. I love nebraska vs a pathetic minnesota team! and also love texas tech +28...Texas tech can score and i expect them to atleast get 24-38 this weekend so i think +28 is nicee. check out this 3 team parlay i got..also bought a point here n there..

Nebraska -23.5
    Kansas St -10
    Texas Tech +28.5

I also locked in 4 units on Wake -3
    just a heads up, and not saying you are wrong. the reason the texas tech spread is so high is because the oklahoma d really just unloads on teams that can't run the ball. look at the past matchups and see that oklahoma has held these guys under 300 yards several times in the last 10 games...and this may be the weakest and most 1-dimensional o we have seen in that time from tech. 29 may be too many, but oklahoma will walk on them.

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    Me and you spadle seem to be on alot of the same games each week. I love nebraska vs a pathetic minnesota team! and also love texas tech +28...Texas tech can score and i expect them to atleast get 24-38 this weekend so i think +28 is nicee. check out this 3 team parlay i got..also bought a point here n there.. Nebraska -23.5 Kansas St -10 Texas Tech +28.5 I also locked in 4 units on Wake -3
    I love Wake this week. -3 is a great value. This is the first bet I just made for 3 units.

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Hey Spladle, good week last week! I guess you saw that West Virginia game too, I really think that's my big of the week, gonna throw more now that it's 13.5....who is seriously betting against them?

I think Oregon vs Colorado is nice and Ill be attending it in person to make sure, lol. Colorado is so weak on speed that they put their heart and soul RB on special teams and now he's hurt too.....everyone's hurt, everyone's out. Even a 40-7 game barely covers, but this will be as one sided as a game can be. Everyone google "college football injuries" and look at Colorado...By far the most injured/suspended team in FBS, and it seems like they all play DB. And oh yeah there coach is dumb. Who suspends 5 players the whole year without even telling anyone what they did? crazy

Spladle, once you go through your big games, there's 2 more I'd be interested in getting your take on:
    FIU -15 @ UAB A top FBS defense vs an awful FBS defense

and GT @ Mia-3. Virginia made GT look weak, and Miami is alot faster than virginia with a better offense. Was embarassed taking GT last week, looking for vengeance, lol.

fecgp40

Spladle and friends... What do we think of Arkansas - 17 @ Ole Miss? At first glance seems like Arkansas should roll here. Too easy?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

What would be the best parlay though? I was thinking arkansas -17 and wake forest -3. Also was thinking Ok State and Wake forest

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

What "Demonata" said...look into Arky Ole Miss. The line is 17 right now, and Arky is coming off a bye and Miss just got pounded by bama. To me, this may be the best bet so far

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

oklahoma will eat Texas tech alive this week

OU - 55
    TT - 21

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    What would be the best parlay though? I was thinking arkansas -17 and wake forest -3. Also was thinking Ok State and Wake forest
    Wake and Oky St. looks like a great parlay to me. What about WVU and Arky?

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Thanks as usual Spadle. I also like the look of NW + 4 hosting Penn State if you have time for that one.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Spladle-it's hard to tell and I've not looked up each game but the way you have them listed, are you taking all road teams? That's risky if it's the case. You do a nice job with the write ups so keep up the good work and BOL.

spladle08

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Spladle-it's hard to tell and I've not looked up each game but the way you have them listed, are you taking all road teams? That's risky if it's the case. You do a nice job with the write ups so keep up the good work and BOL.
    I just looked at spreads and listed ones I thought looked decent, I haven't done any research yet, starting tomorrow but give me until wednesday ~2ish to start posting.

So Far I am doing the following (original List plus requests so far... looking forward to getting started)
    WVU-13.5 vs Syracuse
    NIU -14 vs Buffalo
    OSU -7 vs Missouri
    WMU -13 vs E. Michigan
    TA&M -20 vs ISU
    Temple -13 vs BG
    Oregon -32 vs Colorado
    Nebraska -24 vs Minny
    TT +28 vs OU
    Stanford -21 vs Wash
    Wisconsin -9 vs MSU
    NW +4 vs PSU
    Ark -17 vs Miss
    Wake -3 vs Duke
    FIU -15 @ UAB
    GT @ Mia-3
    Washington State -3.5 vs Oregon St.
    K State -11.5 vs Kansas

Points Awarded:

grizzlies1 gave spladle08 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cris_from_Europe gave spladle08 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Coach Jake gave spladle08 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tryin2makeabuck
    tryin2makeabuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great job the last couple weeks. Any leans on smu +3, notre dame -9, illinois -4.5, or maryland +17?

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Spladle tnx a bunch for last week, cashed this ml/teaser parlay last week LSU + PIT Steelers + GB Packers + Stanford -14 + Alabama -20.0 + Cincinnati + Washington, and now I'm looking for a similar one for this week. I wanna let it all ride on this week. What would you recomend ?

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

wake -3 looks good

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Spladle-one quick fix, it's UCF playing UAB this weekend. FIU plays tonight at Arkansas St. Who do you like in that game? State is (-3),

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

NOTE FIU IS NOT PLAYING UAB .....UCF IS......

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Wake and Oky St. looks like a great parlay to me. What about WVU and Arky?
    True man. Might even be good to combine all 3.

RenoHightower
    RenoHightower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2688

I'd stay away from TT...OU D has a tendancy to smother Tech when they play in Norman and OU is going to score all night. I could easily see a 55-17 type game.

spladle08

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    NOTE FIU IS NOT PLAYING UAB .....UCF IS......
    You are right... I dont have to go into work until 1pm today so I am getting started right now I was just "Copy and pasting" what people had posted on here. Coach Jake had posted "Spladle, once you go through your big games, there's 2 more I'd be interested in getting your take on:
    FIU -15 @ UAB A top FBS defense vs an awful FBS defense
    " .... good eye however. Im starting now hopefully I can knock 6-10 out before work.... WHOOP LETS GO!!!!

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen some ppl really like ULL -3 @ Western Kentucky this week. The Cajuns are undefeated in confrence play and Western Kentucky really suks balls. You got any thoughts on this one ?

rb3b3
    rb3b3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

VIN VER MILLION!! i read alot of your posts and you seem to have your shit together!! i was just wondering how you do betting? also i was wondering if northwestern plus the pts over penn st is your favorite play this weekend? i could of sworn i saw you recommend that game to someone.... psss thank you spadle for everything you do!!
    Last edited by rb3b3; 10-18-11 at 10:22 AM.

1234 ... Last