Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pic of the week! ARKANSAS over MISSISSIPPI -17

Someone else posted a thread about this game, but the more I look at it, the more I am becoming excited with it, as Arkansas has the top scoring offense in the SEC, and they are coming off a bye week.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-17-11 at 12:19 AM.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Someone else posted a thread about this game, but the more I look at it, the more I am becoming excited with it, as Arkansas has the top scoring offense in the SEC, and they are coming off a bye week.
    I hate to lay chalk that high but I tend to agree with you here. Arkansas 48-24

Urbanwildlife

So far it is far and away my favorite game that I have found, and probably will go as high as 5 or 6 dimes on it, as that is how much I am liking it. I did try to put 2 dimes on it, but my house put in a Sunday night limit effective today of a maximum bet of a nickle.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    So far it is far and away my favorite game that I have found, and probably will go as high as 5 or 6 dimes on it, as that is how much I am liking it. I did try to put 2 dimes on it, but my house put in a Sunday night limit effective today of a maximum bet of a nickle.
    Nice. GL

Urbanwildlife

@ Pickma$ter,
    Thank you, and I am doing the same for the Kansas State/Kansas game, and I believe these are going to be my only bets for the week. I am not the type of better who bets many games, I prefer to select 2 or 3 that stand out to me, then bet heavy on them, and hope for the opportunity to take that leisurely stroll to the pay window, enjoying every step of it!

Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Very surprised more people are not interested in this game.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very interested in this game, I stated in Spladel's thread "I think Arky Ole Miss may be the best bet on the board". GL to you.

Urbanwildlife

And the same to you! Also, go LSU! I am not betting on them this week, as my only bets are on Kansas State and Arkansas, but I am a fan of the Tigers.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I was about to post a new thread on this game. I looked them all over and this is the only one that I didn't even hesitate on betting. This will be my big bet of the week. I would like to look for another to parlay it but for right now it is my big play.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you for commenting on my thread Tigers1230. As I previously stated, I am staying in the Big 12 and taking Kansas State over Kansas -11.5 Kansas State beat them last year 59-7, and this year Kansas is worse, and Kansas State is better. Also Kansas State has played some strong competition and won, where as Kansas has been getting blown out. I have a thread started on this game.

Tigers1230

I need to look at the Kstate game more. They have not blown anyone out much and this is going to be a Rivalry game. They also have Oklahoma next week and you know they are preparing for them right now as well. I just don't want to see them keeping it close and pulling out a 8-9 pt. win.

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

I think I said in an earlier thread that there are several factors in play here: Hogs coming off a bye week. Hogs defense does not contain mobile QBs well (see Arkansas v. Troy earlier in the season) and Mackey made some good scrambles against Bama Saturday. Stats show that Mackey was sacked 5 times but managed to net 6 yards rushing on the night. He was a lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal performance.

Another factor is the overall discontent/tension amongst the team, fans, coaches, and administration. A starting wide receiver got kicked off the team today for unknown reasons. 4 starters were reinstated this week after being suspended last week (two offensive linemen and a starting running back were among the 4). There is a lot of negativity in general surrounding this program right now and while it doesn't guarantee that the players won't play hard, it doesn't necessarily help their cause. No doubt Hogs win this one...but the real question is whether Ole Miss will even show up.

I have Arkansas (-17) here...

Fun fact: Houston Nutt is the first ever Ole Miss coach to lose 9 consecutive conference games....

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

I think I'm going go large on Arky. Vandy beat Ole Piss 30-7...case closed. This is a winner!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

if this game was at Arkansas i would be on it... but can't pull the trigger on the road. GL

Urbanwildlife

MakeitRain
    MakeitRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 785

Too many points on the road and Ole Piss will have their players back from the suspensions.

Urbanwildlife

I am very surprised more people are not jumping on this game.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

another ridiculously soft CFB line by vegas

Arkansas should be 24 point favorites in this game as wilson might throw for 500 yards

Tigers1230

I agree. I have been to the grove many times and one thing is for sure is that the early games there are focused on eating and not getting piss ass drunk like they do for later games. I think Arkansas puts this away early. My line is at 16.5 now. I am just looking for a couple of other games to put a big parlay together. I am thinking about Wake Forest -3 at Duke and Cowboys -13 at home to the Rams.

Urbanwildlife

Mississippi is going to be missing 2 defensive starters as if things would not be difficult enough against the SEC best offense.

Since being overwhelmed by the nation's top-ranked defense a month ago, Arkansas' high-powered offense has responded with a pair of impressive showings. That doesn't bode well for a Mississippi team that has been struggling mightily defensively and will be without two of its leaders on that side of the ball this weekend.
    The 10th-ranked Razorbacks come out of their bye week seeking a third straight victory Saturday when they visit the Rebels, who are trying to avoid losing 10 straight SEC games for the first time in their 79-year history in the league.
    Arkansas (5-1, 1-1) entered this season with an inexperienced offensive line and questions about Tyler Wilson's ability to replace Ryan Mallett at quarterback. Wilson and the line have silenced most of their critics, with the Razorbacks leading the SEC in total offense (466.2 yards per game) and second in scoring (39.2 points).
    They sputtered in a 38-14 loss at then-No. 3 Alabama on Sept. 24, gaining a season-low 226 yards, but bounced back by amassing 1,019 yards and combining for 80 points in wins over No. 14 Texas A&M and 15th-ranked Auburn.
    "I think we've figured out that they are willing to compete at this point," offensive coordinator Garrick McGee said after the 38-14 victory over the Tigers on Oct. 8. "The one setback that we had, I questioned if we were willing to fight for what we wanted. The last couple of weeks, they have responded to me going after them.
    "They have shown me that they're willing to fight for it."
    They now have to show they can avoid a letdown.
    Arkansas has enjoyed a heated rivalry with Mississippi since Houston Nutt left the Razorbacks following the 2007 season to coach the Rebels. Arkansas defeated Ole Miss 38-24 last season for its first win in three tries since Nutt's departure, but with the Rebels scuffling this season, some of the hype is missing.
    Mississippi (2-4, 0-3) is coming off last Saturday's 52-7 loss to Alabama, its most lopsided defeat since losing 49-3 to Florida in 1981. The Rebels finished with 141 yards - their fewest since gaining 136 in a 17-0 loss to Auburn in 1998 - in losing a ninth straight SEC game, matching a school record set between the 2007-08 seasons.
    "It's not fun," Nutt said. "Winning is how you spell 'fun.' So you can imagine that it's not a good feeling because you want to win. That's all you try to do each and every Saturday."
    Many of Mississippi's problems stem from a defense that ranks 106th out of 120 FBS schools in yards allowed (442.8 per game) and 11th in the SEC in points allowed (29.2). Making matters worse for the Rebels, defensive end Wayne Dorsey and cornerback Marcus Temple are out for the season after getting injured against the Crimson Tide.
    Dorsey (broken right arm) leads Ole Miss with five tackles for loss and three sacks, while Temple (fractured right ankle) has 28 tackles and is second on the team with two interceptions.

"Those were some key players that we just lost, so somebody has to step up and fill their positions," said sophomore linebacker Mike Marry, who leads the team with 55 tackles. "They were big playmakers and also big leaders on and off the field."
    The banged-up defense will likely have its hands full trying to slow down Wilson, the SEC's leading passer with 1,779 yards, and his favorite target Jarius Wright, who is second in the conference with 554 receiving yards and tied for first with six receiving touchdowns.
    Although Arkansas seems likely to move the ball on Mississippi, the Rebels could do the same against the Razorbacks, who are 10th in the SEC against the run - allowing 188.7 yards per game on the ground.
    Arkansas, however, doesn't believe it will get caught overlooking a seemingly overmatched opponent.
    "It's the SEC," said Wilson, who has 12 touchdown passes and just three interceptions. "You can't take anything for granted. You can't say 'We're favored, so that's a 'W,' because it doesn't work like that. We know we're going to have to come out and it's going to be a battle every week."

GBrooks77
    GBrooks77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

It's a pretty decent play, ole miss is horrible

brownac5786
    brownac5786's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Hey guys, I'm new here and to the handicapping scene, but I love talking Razorback football so I couldn't stay away.

I live in Arkansas and am a huge Razorback fan. Additionally, I am one of those super optimistic, always high on the Hogs kind of guy.

However, this line has me a little too worried to bet on the Hogs. There's no real logic to it, except for the fact that Nutt is always looking to this game (he has been since he left). He's had more than a few games where he's pulled some sort of crazy W out of nowhere. That scares the crap out of me.

I do think the Razorbacks will win, I'm just not vet confident in it being a 17-point margin. Arkansas is a team that has struggled to start games on D and struggled to contain the mobile QB. We also are a team with some youth on the O-Line in their second road game.

Those are just a few thoughts. I wouldn't write this one off just yet.

Urbanwildlife

Say what you want brownac5786 but the Arkansas record speaks for itself.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

brownac5786

don't over think it.
    Houston always wins games he shouldn't

but this game will be over by the end of the 1st quarter
    arkansas is nails against the run

and lets be honest Houston has NEVER had a good passing game

go large on Arkansas all the way

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Line just moved to 16

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    but this game will be over by the end of the 1st quarter
    arkansas is nails against the run
    I agree that Arkansas will cover but nails against the run? They let up over 380 yards against A&M rushing.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Too early for me, i'm thinking about thursdays games. I might stay away from that day

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Agree with brownac to an extent...I'm a huge Razorbacks fan and I follow them and OU the most. Born and raised in Arkansas...but trying to look at this objectively and rely on facts...

I was worried a bit too...the starters that Nutt benched were crucial: two starting O-lineman and their starting running back. I can see Ole Miss moving it some just because of their mobile qb and the Hogs porous defense. When is the last time a team gave up 380+ yards rushing alone (that's not total offense, but RUSHING) and showed up in the AP top ten the following day? Arkansas did it after coming back to beat Texas A&M this year. Everyone is talking more about the comeback than they are about the dominance A&M showed on offense in building that 18 point lead they eventually lost. This makes me think that public perception is overrating the Hogs a bit (much like Oklahoma State...but that's a different story...)

If the Hogs can come out sharp and execute...maybe get up by a couple of scores early, I think Ole Miss folds and 16 is an easy cover (I have it at 17). Houston Nutt is a master motivator for sure...but the problems I keep hearing about this team are extensive...more than anything he ever dealt with at Arkansas... This team is in bad and in disarray...it would be a miracle to see him rally and pull this all together...

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    Line just moved to 16
    yeah..whats up with the weird line movement

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great writeup and insight! Im tailin you for 2 units.

Urbanwildlife

@ Seaton420

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Why is the line down to 15.5 at 5 Dimes?

Urbanwildlife

I cannot explain that one, other than the fact the betting public must think that Mississippi is going to cover, which they will not.

12 Last