priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan State is overrated, but Michigan was even more overrated.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bspring View Post
    Hands down Wisconsin... But lets get a true measure on Wiscy this weekend... Just like we did on Michigan this past weekend

So HANDS DOWN Wisconsin is the better team between the 2.

So, how can you make a statement like this "Fact is when your first tough game, is a road game vs your best opp of the season, it does not bode well for the Wisconsin and meechigans of the world" When the 2 teams are not even on the same level?

Just makes no sense....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Up to 9 now, I'm guessing it goes to 10. Nice job if you got -7.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

I can make that statment because they a. havent played anyone until this game... and b. their first test is on the road...

I am really confused on how you cant grasp that... You have changed your stance twice now... first it was you said I compared them as a team, and then the other badger boy jumped in an gave a dissertation on how underrated the number #6 team in the country is... Now you are saying bc I laid down the facts of their similar schedules and paths to the game to EL, that a general statement has to be applied to these two teams. IN ALL CASES: WHEN A TEAM, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN, STANFORD, OREGON etc... is untested early on, and their first true road game is their toughest opp. to date then it does not bode well for them.

At this current point in time the two teams that happen to be in this position are Michigan and Wisconsin...
    Last edited by bspring; 10-17-11 at 03:53 PM.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Wisconsin may blow Michigan State out, but to speculate that off the results so far this season seems a bit wild. The 48 pts Wisconsin put up on Nebraska may be a bit misleading. Fresno State scored 29, Washington scored 38, and Ohio State scored 27, all on the road in Lincoln! The same Ohio St team who a week earlier scored 7 pts against Michigan St in Columbus.

Michigan State did give up 31 pts to Notre Dame, but I'm going to call that game a bit of an anomaly because of Notre Dame at that point in the season and it was Michigan State's 1st road game.

A double digit home dog with Michigan State's resume going against a team who is playing their first true road game seems like a decent play.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

I can make that statment because they a. havent played anyone until this game... and b. their first test is on the road... I am really confused on how you cant grasp that... You have changed your stance twice now... first it was you said I compared them as a team, and then the other badger boy jumped in an gave a dissertation on how underrated the number #6 team in the country is... Now you are saying bc I laid down the facts of their similar schedules and paths to the game to EL, that a general statement has to be applied to these two teams. IN ALL CASES: WHEN A TEAM, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN, STANFORD, OREGON is untested early on, and their first true road game is their toughest opp. to date then it does not bode well for them. At this current point in time the two teams that happen to be in this position is Michigan and Wisconsin...
    you are the one not grasping anything, the fact that they haven't played anyone and that this is their first test doesn't tell you anything. you could say the same about alabama and oregon state at some point in the season, and it means nothing because they are 2 completely different teams

bspring

gamble- you didnt read the last few sentences where I said this theory can apply to any team... Come in here calling shots like that and you didnt even read it yourself

gamble

i realize that it can apply to any team, you're completely missing the point here. while it can apply to any team, the level of talent can make a huge difference obviously and it can be enough to overcome this test

bspring

And no one is doubting alabama is unreal, and oregon state blows lol We are currently talking about Wisconsin.... Where do you hang your hat on the Wiscy being 10 pts better than Mich St?

Bama proved themselves time and time again esp on the road At Penn St, and Florida... Oregon state proved they sucked in week 1 v. Sac St.

I dont see where we can be confident in Wisconsin... due to the circumstances... and especially in the middle of october

bspring

We were not talking about the level of talent... that again was stated early on... I just stated why I am weary of locking wisconsin...

gamble

And no one is doubting alabama is unreal, and oregon state blows lol We are currently talking about Wisconsin.... Where do you hang your hat on the Wiscy being 10 pts better than Mich St? Bama proved themselves time and time again esp on the road At Penn St, and Florida... Oregon state proved they sucked in week 1 v. Sac St. I dont see where we can be confident in Wisconsin... due to the circumstances... and especially in the middle of october
    right just as you said wisconsin is hands down better than michigan, thats the only thing i am saying, haven't said one word about who will cover

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Just seems like people are not using their head on this one, and are just conceived because of pre-conceived notions of what they think wisconsin is and have some bias against them. That is okay, I will post back on here when Wisconsin blows them out, and double up my money. Thanks

bspring

chip on shoulder stance.... I can dig it...

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Just seems like people are not using their head on this one, and are just conceived because of pre-conceived notions of what they think wisconsin is and have some bias against them. That is okay, I will post back on here when Wisconsin blows them out, and double up my money. Thanks
    Can you tell us why they will blow out MSU and the line is MSU +9
    Points Awarded:

bspring gave LockPickMaster 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bspring

but yet again when did i ever discredit wiscy talent? never lol such a unbelievable thread

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Will be on the Spartans. I see +8.5 right now, going to wait a little longer to see if it keeps moving. That defense is tough, they probably won't win but will be in the game.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Will be on the Spartans. I see +8.5 right now, going to wait a little longer to see if it keeps moving. That defense is tough, they probably won't win but will be in the game.
    if you wait till saturday before gametime you might get 13+ im not a wisc fan but i am a believer from what i have seen so far this season from them i honestly see this game being a blowout by halftime they will will have a 21+ lead this game is gonna get ugly

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Wisc has yet to play a true road game, and this is their toughest game of the year by a mile laying 9 on the road Saturday Night GOW against the #2 Total D in the country that held MICH and ND to 250 and 275 yards (each average 500 outside that game)

keep pounding Wisc and drive this to 10, thanks

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    if you wait till saturday before gametime you might get 13+ im not a wisc fan but i am a believer from what i have seen so far this season from them i honestly see this game being a blowout by halftime they will will have a 21+ lead this game is gonna get ugly
    Mid-season games don't usually move from 7 to 13 absent major injuries, so I highly doubt that.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

You clowns want a road winner just bet Arkansas -16.5 at OlePiss. Arky is off a bye week and will lay more wood to Houston Nutt.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Mid-season games don't usually move from 7 to 13 absent major injuries, so I highly doubt that.
    i would tend to agree with you on that but most games dont move 2 to 3 points within the first 24 hours either joe pub is going to be all over wisc come payday on fri and sat so it will sit on the 9-10 point mark for now and then on sat when all the late money comes in it will move another 2 to 3 points in my opinion and one thing that no one here has talked about is that mich state is coming off of a big rivalry game are they going to be able to keep those emotions up at a high level for another week

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

LOL @ they haven't played anyone until this game...

Nebraska was supposed to be a Top 10 team until they got completed exploited by the Badgers. It's easy to say after getting their asses blown out that they weren't any good.

Great teams are going to make average teams look horrible. Only better teams in the country are LSU/Bama and Wisc coach will be fired up that Boise is ranked ahead of them. He's a dick, he's that kind of guy.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Nebraska was a joke fraud before and after that game, don't even talk about them

They were down at halftime vs. Fresno State at home and gave up 444 yards (Fresno is completely terrible)
    They gave up 38 points at home to Washington
    They were face down in the dirt at home to Ohio State, lit up by Braxton fukin Miller, and won by a miracle

MSU is the clear #2 team in the Big Ten

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If it gets to 10, I might bite.

Already at 9.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If it gets to 10, I might bite. Already at 9.

I'm baffled by the people driving this line up

this game SCREAMS of one of those classic mid season upsets. MSU is a very legitimate team too, they can definately win this game

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

I am a diehard Badgers fan.
    I'll tell you this, if the line moves to 10 I am all over MSU.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I'm baffled by the people driving this line up

this game SCREAMS of one of those classic mid season upsets. MSU is a very legitimate team too, they can definately win this game
    Not sure I'd go that far.

Wisconsin is the class of the Big Ten. MSU will have problems up front on both sides of the ball.

With that being said, you'd be crazy laying 9 or 10 on a road team in its first true test away from home on a Saturday night.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Nebraska was a joke fraud before and after that game, don't even talk about them They were down at halftime vs. Fresno State at home and gave up 444 yards (Fresno is completely terrible) They gave up 38 points at home to Washington They were face down in the dirt at home to Ohio State, lit up by Braxton fukin Miller, and won by a miracle MSU is the clear #2 team in the Big Ten
    Michigan is better than State. They win that game if its in the Big House. Also, Kirt Cousins is a college version of Kyle Orton. He can only "manage" games. He can't win games. He can't make the deep throws. He can't make plays

Cousins can only dump the ball off and throw 5 to 10 yard passes. I've been watching him play for 4 years now as Mich and Mich State are pretty much the only two teams I ever watch in college football.

It's going to be State's homecoming as well this weekend I believe, and I will tell you that State will not beat Wisconson if people say Whisky is as good as they are. I know how good State is, and their defense is very overrated and their offense is a joke.

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

"I know how good State is, and their defense is very overrated and their offense is a joke."

Really? Overrated? Well, it's easy to be overrated when it's #2 but they are no joke and Wiscy will have some struggles. Offense a joke? Yeah, it's not awesome, but it's effective. Wiscy will have a tough one with this time. They've played shit outside of a suspect Nebraska team and haven't been on the road yet. I'd take MSU +9 all day.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Michigan is better than State. They win that game if its in the Big House. Also, Kirt Cousins is a college version of Kyle Orton. He can only "manage" games. He can't win games. He can't make the deep throws. He can't make plays

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this gem.

You do realize Cousins is MSU's all time wins leader right? And that MSU won the Big Ten last year right?

Is Cousins an elite QB and a top pro prospect? No. But to say this without anything to back up your claim -- and then to throw a "Michigan is better than State" comment on top of it after a 14-point win on Saturday where Michigan was dominated at the point of attack and Robinson didn't do anything, well, vintage Goat Mush I guess.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Yeah and Gameday is there EL is gonna be rocking... Um and this just in... All of these Wisconsin backers sound Identical to the Michigan Backers last week... menawhile the home, good defense, great coaching spartan backers are saying the same thing they did last week. Fact is when your first tough game, is a road game vs your best opp of the season, it does not bode well for the Wisconsin and meechigans of the world
    wasn't UM's first road game at the Welsh-Ryan snakepit in Evanston the week before Sparty, and didn't they come back and cover rather easily?

bspring

yeah Bift if you read earlier... I said both first games away from home were in chicago... again with the not reading thing... I lumped it together kinda... Although wiscy was at soldier, and lets face it Ryan field is no homefield at all.. let alone that NW defense.. Jesus H. Christ these people blow my mind shit

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

I can make that statment because they a. havent played anyone until this game... and b. their first test is on the road...

I am really confused on how you cant grasp that... You have changed your stance twice now... first it was you said I compared them as a team, and then the other badger boy jumped in an gave a dissertation on how underrated the number #6 team in the country is... Now you are saying bc I laid down the facts of their similar schedules and paths to the game to EL, that a general statement has to be applied to these two teams. IN ALL CASES: WHEN A TEAM, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN, STANFORD, OREGON etc... is untested early on, and their first true road game is their toughest opp. to date then it does not bode well for them.

At this current point in time the two teams that happen to be in this position are Michigan and Wisconsin...
    Have you watched a lot of Wisconsin this year or are you pretty much going on the level of competition research, etc?

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Have you watched a lot of Wisconsin this year or are you pretty much going on the level of competition research, etc?
    Being a Big10 fan as well as riding Wisconsin all year, I have watched a lot of their games and I am very impressed with how they have played and scored almost at will against the teams they have played. I really think they will end up in the top 4 this year trailing only behind the winner of LSU/Bama Ok/Ok St and maybe Boise if they finish strong.

bspring

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I watched Wiscy in the opener... the whole Nebraska game and then bits and parts of every other gm other than the NIU game...

First 12345 Last